Guest JDmantel

Where is your dream honeymoon? Also who decides?

20 posts in this topic

In terms of places I've been Venice was so romantic and beautiful. The entire place felt old, steeped in history, unique, it was beautiful. The art, the cathedral, just walking around any part of it was fantastic. As for the question, let's say you've met your dream partner and the only thing you disagree on Is location, and you both want something the other wouldn't really like? Compromise... or duel?!!

2 people like this

First off, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! Second..... I've always wanted my honeymoon in Venice! :-D If my future husband and i can't agree I'd say we find a place that fits both of our needs.

2 people like this

Ideally, if money was no object, and my husband agreed... I've always dreamt of one of two different honeymoon ideas, and the first has always been Venice. I want to kiss under the Bridge of Sighs at sunset, because it's said that the two people will be in love forever... and that we just got married makes it that much more romantic. I saw this in a movie, once, and I looked it up and, from what I can tell, it is an actual tradition/legend/whatever. I know, corny.

If we can't agree, though? I agree with Jasmine. We should sit down and figure out a place that both of us will enjoy. I am sure that we will be able to do that, because it's not where you are, it's who you're with.

3 people like this

I don't have a definite opinion on the location for my honeymoon so if he had a place in mind, that's great.  There are places I want to travel with him, but those could work for anniversaries or vacations, etc.  I would prefer someplace more private and remote for a honeymoon, but I'm open for discussion as to the location.  

Well I have always been big on Switzerland!! However, I wont shove my decision down my partner's throat & would love to talk about it... but I do have a feeling that with Switzerland, she would not have any qualms! lol  :)  

Wow, Venice is certainly popular! I found it so romantic and I spent the day with three mates! If you find a place romantic with three guys with you then it really is special! I think it feels old which makes it seem like you've stepped back in time somewhat.

What about type of honeymoon, in terms of. do you want to go and visit places together, or sit around at the beach, or just go somewhere nice and quiet with a big comfy bed?.. ;)

1 person likes this

I honestly haven't thought much about the honeymoon...I'm looking forward to the ceremony much more, honestly. However, Disney World is always a favorite place of mine, and they love it when you celebrate things with them, so you get tons of attention if you go there for a honeymoon! Plus they have some surprisingly romantic hotels.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/

4 people like this

Wow, Venice is certainly popular! I found it so romantic and I spent the day with three mates! If you find a place romantic with three guys with you then it really is special! I think it feels old which makes it seem like you've stepped back in time somewhat.

What about type of honeymoon, in terms of. do you want to go and visit places together, or sit around at the beach, or just go somewhere nice and quiet with a big comfy bed?.. ;)

I like the big comfy bed idea better hehe but every where. I Want To see Everything that I can When We're not in the Big Comfy bed lol.

Well clearly I will decide since I'm the man. If she objects then I will duel her to the death. Then we'll go to the destination of the winner's choice.

Actually, I like SM's (S&M? lol) idea of going to Disneyland. I've never been there before and who could resist the "happiest place on earth?" lol.

Other than that I'm pretty flexible on the location so I'd probably be fine with whatever she chooses. My only 2 parameters are it has to be a place where I'm not likely to get shot by terrorists or the drug cartels. Secondly, I hope it's a place where we can get a packaged deal where food, hotel etc is included on the trip. One of my best friend's ex-wife insisted on going to Hawaii where there wasn't a packaged which ended up being twice as expensive as Cancun where they did have one.

3 people like this

I can totally see your point of a packaged deal. Why wouldn't anyone want to do that? Maybe I'm frugal, but if you can get a packaged deal, rather than spending out the wazoo, and have just as good an outcome, then I don't see the problem. Not to mention if you are trying to save for a home, or anything else.

I will say this, as much as I love the idea of Venice... I know it's a bit far fetched, money wise. That's why I said 'if money were no object'. I've had other ideas, but I don't have my heart set on any one thing. Of course, Venice would make a great  5 or 10 year anniversary, too. Really, though, if two people can't figure out a place to honeymoon together, and have both be happy, then should they really be getting married? This is like one of the least of problems they're going to face in life.

Well clearly I will decide since I'm the man. If she objects then I will duel her to the death. Then we'll go to the destination of the winner's choice.

Do you see the irony? Duel to the death... then it's not a honeymoon, it's an escape plan! lol You're silly.

3 people like this

Some very good replies thus far!

The idea of Venice sounds great, so does the happiest place on earth.

Certainly the package deal idea from photogirl, sounds like a good plan.

Put some of that

Personally I wouldn't mind spending the honeymoon, anyplace she'd want.

I mean come now we've just celebrated the happiest day each of will have experienced up to that point, so I'd think she'd feel the same.

My only suggestion is someplace warm!

However the idea of cuddling close together in front of the fireplace sounds quite romantic doesn't it?

I think Vince mentioned the packaged deal idea first. :) Just giving credit where it's due. lol It's a good idea. I may have thought about it, but I was too busy thinking about Venice... although, you never know, there are probably some packaged deals there, too.

1 person likes this

If he even considers honeymooning at Lake Baikal, in Siberia, I know I'm onto a winner.

...And if he chooses the honeymoon, I name the children. That's fair enough, right?  :lol:

1 person likes this

:lol:SIBERIA??????? My god i'd trade for children's names in a heartbeat even if you were going to call them 'Kim Kardashian junior' or 'fairy dust' or 'cheese milkshake'. Siberia???????? You should know something about men, when it gets cold.....

haha maybe if there was a fireplace the size of Belgium and 10 faux fur rugs! How cold is it in that particular part of Siberia?

Honestly, for waiters, I don't know why you would want the honeymoon to be a big vacation.

Having lived in France, and having done the intense tourist days when family/friends visited me, making the most of an expensive European vacation is amazing but exhausting. There's no way Beau and I would have had time for lots of HONEYMOON SEX if I had dragged him off to Paris. (We're going next year!)

My honeymoon requirements were a king size bed for the honeymoon sex and a body of water to read/nap by while recovering between rounds of honeymoon sex. We ended spending a week in Puerto Rico, and it was honestly the best choice for what we wanted. There's just enough to do that you can take day trips and be adventurous, but not so much to do that you feel guilty spending half the day in bed together.

3 people like this

Speaking for myself, I would like it to be at least partly vacation, not a big one. I want to go to at least a couple of places, and be a tourist. I lived in one place all my life, until moving just a couple of years ago. On top of that, having only ever been on short trips, where everything had to be packed into a few days, and too many great things were missed, I want to be a tourist with my new husband. I want to have our picture taken in some beautiful places. Knowing that we might miss a thing or two, but we can visit for an anniversary. As much as I'm looking forward to having bouts of rest between all the sex, and I do hope there’s a lot of sex, I want to go places where we can enjoy each other and flirt with each other and, when we just can't bear it anymore, we'll head right back to the bedroom. I’m a bit too much of a hopeless romantic. Later in life, we'll be able to talk about how we camped under the stars, or spent time at the Magic Kingdom, or have random memories where we'll say 'Remember that guy with the odd accent? The one who burst into singing love songs every time a couple passed by him?’ ‘YES! Oh, he was so sweet when you whispered in his ear what our song was, and he sang it while we defied everyone and their odd looks and danced in the street'. I want lots of honeymoon sex, and lots of romance.

Sorry, I wasn’t sure if you were looking for reasons why some of us would like it to be a vacation. Just thought I’d share my thoughts.

Oh, we definitely duel, take 10 places, the whole she-bang (bang...get it...wait, that sounded wrong...never mind), lol.

No, I'm a guy who doesn't have very extreme holds on many decisions of mine and am more than happy to acquiesce to someone else's, so I'd be perfectly fine with going with my wife's choice.

2 people like this

I never gave the honeymoon much thought. Maybe it's odd, but I don't really care if I have one. So, I would simply let my partner decide on this matter.