Noga

Anybody else here from California??

16 posts in this topic

Hi Peeps!

I'm en~Couraged by this site, so thanks for everyone who's here! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with my values. Which doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's just that I really want to meet my husband. So, it's amazingly valuable to *see* that there are others who share this intention - Thank you!

Living in the golden and gorgeous state of California, I wonder: Since there are so many practices that are popular here that are uninteresting to me (such as open marriages, poly-"amory" & many kinds of serial intimacy, multiple lovers, and people who are into changing sex partners every day or week...) It makes it hard to know who in my own area shares my values. Those who are promoting and living a more promiscuous lifestyle tend to be more vocal, in my experience. Sharing and bragging to coworkers, etc. Chastity and reserving intimacy for marriage is a very intimate, personal and private topic. So, many people don't wear it on their sleeves.

I just wonder if there are any others on this site also here in CA???

(I'm in the north - Bay Area, CA.)

:) Thanks in advance for connecting and sharing!! :)

post-41858-0-45609500-1426445709_thumb.p

2 people like this

Living in the golden and gorgeous state of California

Wow! Someone from Cali!  :) You just fetched me some of my fondest memories, during my time in LA. Been three years... but it feels like I am still basking in the bright sunshine with the chilly winds of the morning gently blowing past me! :D  It was just AMAZING... truly "golden and gorgeous"! The the people were sooooooo great and friendly. Had a fantastic time there!

there are so many practices that are popular here that are uninteresting to me (such as open marriages, poly-"amory" & many kinds of serial intimacy, multiple lovers, and people who are into changing sex partners every day or week...) It makes it hard to know who in my own area shares my values. Those who are promoting and living a more promiscuous lifestyle tend to be more vocal, in my experience. Sharing and bragging to coworkers, etc.

Really!! Apart from a couple making out in the car in a parking lot... I did not really come across anything that suggests the existence of promiscuity in a level that you suggest! But then again, you actually live in CA... and I was there for just about a couple of months. So I guess, I must believe what you say. Trust me the East is not better either... the only difference is that the people don't talk about it here.

1 person likes this

Sorry, I'm not from Cali nor have I been to it. Regardless, we're glad to have you here!

1 person likes this

Welcome! I'm not in California, but it is always nice to find out that there's one more person who is waiting than I thought.

1 person likes this

Hiya! I'm from SoCal. Just joined this site today. Anyone else from SoCal? 

BTW where can I find a guy who's WTM in SoCal? Seems like the culture is just as "open" and "liberal" about sex down here in SoCal as it was in NorCal (where I'm originally from). I feel for you Noga...I got crucified in San Francisco and Berkeley for talking about WTM, and this was 5 years ago. I bet it's even worse now!!

1 person likes this

I'm from SoCal here too...Los Angeles and I work in Santa Monica. It's great to meet other local WTMers. I wish the WTM culture was more visible here! I mean we have West Hollywood with rainbow flags all over the place...why can't we have a WTM flag and our own little city like that?

2 people like this

I like your flag idea :) It would definitely make it easier to find people:)

I'm from SoCal here too...Los Angeles and I work in Santa Monica. It's great to meet other local WTMers. I wish the WTM culture was more visible here! I mean we have West Hollywood with rainbow flags all over the place...why can't we have a WTM flag and our own little city like that?

Something like with the imagery of a clock and wedding bands?