Invincible

NERD ALERT! Which superhero/superheroine do you identify with?

23 posts in this topic

I was inspired by a certain member here who affectionately calls me Captain America. Why him in particular? I don't honestly can't remember. Possibly because we both dress extremely dorky. lol

Even if you haven't read comics, many people have seen superhero movies. Which particular superhero do you identify with the most? Or if you're more into the darkside, which villain? lol

1 person likes this

NicoleNova of course, defender of waiting til marriage! No, I've always loved Superman because of many reasons but one of them being that I would often feel like an "alien" among my peers.

Also WonderWoman because I'm a wonder of a woman. Lol

4 people like this

Hm, a lot of it depends on how they're portrayed in individual series/movies etc. Some big ones have been: Dick Grayson (aka the first Robin, aka Nightwing) in Young Justice, Clark Kent in Smallville, Batman in Justice League, Jean Grey in X-Men: Evolution, Rouge in X-Men: Evolution, Raven in Teen Titians, Loki in the MCU....I could probably keep going for a while....  :D

1 person likes this

Daredevil. I love that he is a defender of justice even during his day job. However, my favorite is Spider-Man. I don't know why. Maybe because that was the first movie I watched that got me into even being interested in the genre.

Now, I'm going back into my corner... because I don't know enough, yet, about comics to know exactly what I'm talking about. :)

2 people like this

Batman. He's smart, a brilliant strategist,  and can kick some major butt with his plethora of tools and hand to hand skills. He's awesome. 

MEGAMIND mwahahaha!!!! Seriously though I don't really identify with any superhero really. Maybe Wolverine? I've always liked immortality powers - just think of all the knowledge and experiences one could gain!!! Plus one of the few with a semi decent beard. But then again Mystique could have all of that and more but I'm getting off topic...

I haven't read superhero comics but man there are so many superpowers in there and characters and stories that haven't been "televised" - some are so wacky!

1 person likes this

Iron Man? :P Making a decision strictly on the cool tech and brains he exhibits every time!  ;)

2 people like this

My all time favorite is Spiderman. I think because he was always cracking jokes with his one liners.

Captain America is adorable, BTW. I've got a crush on Chris Evans :wub:

Which particular superhero do I identify with the most?

Magneto - because he's complex and misunderstood, because he's a superhero, an antihero and a super villain :).

3 people like this

ONE PUNCH MAAAAAAN 
SANJOU HISSHOU SHIJOU SAIKYOOOU

He's an ordinary man who is a superhero for fun because he's bored. When he's not fighting, he sits at home watching TV. He protects the earth from monsters every day, but he's always late to the fight, so people hate him and think he's a fraud who just steals the winning punch xD

THE SECRET OF HIS STRENGTH; 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and a 10km run every day!!

4 people like this

Star-Lord, in many ways he's just a regular dude, who happens to be skilled at this one thing, he can be very serious but for the most part tries not to stress the little things in life.

1 person likes this

Star-Lord, in many ways he's just a regular dude, who happens to be skilled at this one thing, he can be very serious but for the most part tries not to stress the little things in life.

I like regular-dude superheroes lol that's why I love One Punch Man. Anyone that comes from humble backgrounds or is not just all-round super and amazing tend to be more interesting to me. In a way, Spider-man and Batman kind of fall under that as well. Well, Spidey has great strength, but he can still be punched out by a thug =] the stakes and tension are still quite high.

1 person likes this

I like regular-dude superheroes lol that's why I love One Punch Man. Anyone that comes from humble backgrounds or is not just all-round super and amazing tend to be more interesting to me. In a way, Spider-man and Batman kind of fall under that as well. Well, Spidey has great strength, but he can still be punched out by a thug =] the stakes and tension are still quite high.

haha Saitama is a bawse, season 2 can't come soon enough!

1 person likes this

haha Saitama is a bawse, season 2 can't come soon enough!

The webtoon is way further ahead of the anime :D the guy who's re-drawing the manga from the webtoon said he's working double-time just to make Season 2 happen sooner ;)

Weapon X!

Explanation: Weapon X is the name given to former NFL player Brian Dawkins who played for the Philadelphia Eagles most of his career. As a kid his favorite was Wolverine. During games he would enter the stadium on all fours. He would act like Wolverine in every way. So other than "Wolverine" people also called him "Weapon X". So since he's my favorite athlete, I chose Weapon X and I guess Wolverine to answer this question.

I love this thread! As a kid, I did not read the comics. I just watched the cartoons…That being said, my favorite hero was Spider-man and my favorite villain of all time was “Venom”  by the way, both are from the 1994 Spider-man-animated series!

Now I love Deadpool!

I would definitely agree with Saitama, but for me it is definitely Sailor Moon

I love Sailor Moon as a kid, I liked how naturally she acted, I mean, if you were thrown into a situation and had to fight bad guys would would act like her, admit it.

1 person likes this