GodsPhysicist

Physicist introducing himself & waiting too

15 posts in this topic

Hello.  I am a man introducing myself from the U.S.  I am pleased to see others who value purity, and I am waiting for marriage (or waiting forever, I am not sure yet).  I seem to be a little older than most here as I am in my 30's, and I hope that's okay.

I spent a lot of time on my education because, and I earned my Ph.D. in nuclear physics about two years ago.  I was never ready for relationship during my education because it was too dynamic to ever settle down.  Now that I am finally finished, I am ready for relationship, but I forgot how late in the game I am entering these things.  I find that when I was younger, I wore my purity like a badge of honor.  Now that I am this far into life, I am having trouble relating to others in this area and feel like its a terrible secret I hope people don't bring up in conversation.  Ever feel like that?  I find myself sort of doing everything I can to not say anything about it and act like I know what they are talking about.  So, I decided to join the site after I discovered it.  I hope I can relate better in the arena with people who understand what waiting does to a person.

On the flip side, I find that there are some really neat things I was able to do differently in life that most people simply can't with family and relationships.  I play guitar a lot and was able to accumulate some really neat gear as a good musician.  I am almost done with my private pilot requirements too, and I hope to get my own plane afterwards.  Actually, other pilots ask me if I have a family, and when I say no, they say, you'll be fine as a pilot then.  I guess waiting does have its perks.

On a final note, I love Jesus very much.  I am not really a "religious" person though.  I have worked and hung out with many peoples from all over the faith spectrum (including no faith) through science and music.  I hope to meet some interesting folks here too.

How about you guys?  Ever find that your "secret" (or maybe not-so-secret for you) about waiting led to some really neat possibilities in life too?

Oh yeah.  If you like to play Portal 2, I am game anytime, haha

9 people like this

Wow, you sound like such an interesting person. Welcome!

Well, I am 26, and I did feel that waiting saved me from a lot of trouble i.e., from giving my body away to the flavor of the week, but at this present moment, i am climbing-up the-wall for sex and wish I was married lol. It's funny how love doesn't arrive when you are ready. Be encouraged, my pastor married the love of his life in his 40s. He amassed lots of knowledge and accomplished a lot in the meantime. He has many masters degrees and a PHD.

4 people like this

I hope you find what you're looking for here. I know the people here have helped me to feel less alone in the world. I totally understand the age thing, as well. So, welcome. :)

3 people like this

You love Jesus AND you're a physicist?  A rare gem indeed.  I favor the sciences as well but I've seen that theists become slimmer and slimmer in science fields the more educated I become.

1 person likes this

Hello and welcome to the site GodsPhysicist :D I hope you do find the fellowship you are looking for ^_^

I would agree with you about the opportunities we have as waiters because we are not attached to a spouse and/or children. We need our single time to grow, mature and learn who we are :) I am so happy to hear that you grabed hold of this opportunity and have learned so much!

Also I would agree that I am hesitant to reveal that I am waiting beacuse in this day and age most people think there must be something "wrong" with you that you haven't done the deed. I don't know if it the same for guys, but I found there are quite a few men who find out that I haven't "been around" that they want to be with me to be the first :o So yea, I understand your hesitance in sharing that information :)

You sound like a neat person, love to read your future post :D

welcome! i myself entered this community no so long ago and trust me it does make a real difference seeing people sharing the same situation with you. When i whatch several personalities that are now practising abstinence or people who are creating dynamic web sites to show how they are proud to be virgins in spite of their age, it strenghens me.

May God bless you

I find that when I was younger, I wore my purity like a badge of honor.  Now that I am this far into life, I am having trouble relating to others in this area and feel like its a terrible secret I hope people don't bring up in conversation.  Ever feel like that?  I find myself sort of doing everything I can to not say anything about it and act like I know what they are talking about.  So, I decided to join the site after I discovered it.  I hope I can relate better in the arena with people who understand what waiting does to a person.

Man, I'm only 24 and I feel the same way.  I'm proud that I made a decision to wait, but it can make you feel very "out of the loop" sometimes.  Glad you found this site, there are plenty of like-minded folks here! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Also I would agree that I am hesitant to reveal that I am waiting beacuse in this day and age most people think there must be something "wrong" with you that you haven't done the deed. I don't know if it the same for guys, but I found there are quite a few men who find out that I haven't "been around" that they want to be with me to be the first :o So yea, I understand your hesitance in sharing that information :)

From my understanding, it doesn't really work the same way with guys.  Women who are also committed to waiting will find it attractive for the most part, but otherwise it tends to work against you, especially as you get older.

These are warm welcomes from everyone.  Thanks for that.  I will try to join the Sunday chat at 6 pm eastern, and try to meet some of you fine folks a little more directly.

Welcome!

These are warm welcomes from everyone.  Thanks for that.  I will try to join the Sunday chat at 6 pm eastern, and try to meet some of you fine folks a little more directly.

And thanks! We try ;)