Invincible

Do you prefer a "manly" man or a "sensitive" man?

34 posts in this topic

If I had to choose I would pick the manly man. I'm highly sensitive ( even though my face has like no emotion lol) so if I were to pick the sensitive guy we would probably be crying, worrying and maybe fighting a lot lol. I also don't like chick flicks lol. Although I'm thinking the manly man may not be empathetic.

sensitive for sure. id like a guy with a mix of both, but when it comes to extremes, id much rather have someone who shows emotion. Ive seen the 'hit the gym, trucks only, testosterone ftw' kind of guy XD no thanks. i think a guy who can express his feelings and not be afraid has some real guts to do that. a lot more guts than 'manly' men.

7 people like this

I love these either/or's, Invincible.  This one is easy for me though, because the sensitive guy sounds annoying and effeminate, and the manly man sounds more like a normal guy.  I'll take the manly man any day of the week.  (guns, trucks and fast cars sounds way more fun than Oprah and the Notebook)

As a sidenote, I think it's not quite accurate to say that because a man doesn't display emotion the same way a woman might, he's suppressing emotions or doesn't have emotions.

6 people like this

I'll take the manly man any day of the week.  (guns, trucks and fast cars sounds way more fun than Oprah and the Notebook)

Good to know some women appreciate the gun owners. :D

2 people like this

I think the blance is key, knowing when to be sensitive and when not to be.  I think a man who is able to share his emotions in the moment is confident within himself and therefor masculine.  On the contrary, a man who never shares emotions leads me to believe he may be trying to hard to protect a "masculine" image to the person he is with and is displaying insecurities within himself.  If you're in a realtinoship both parties need to show vulnerability and sensitivity.  I think you can be sensitive and masculine at the same time.

Neither of the men show a blance, so I wouldn't be into either of them, but of the two you suggested I would prefer the sensitive guy.

3 people like this

I think it’s safe to say I am a mix of the two.

I dunno that I have a “rugged†look, but at the moment I am growing a beard. I drive a 4x4. Own a gun. Used to have an AK47, a few SKS, and some other stuff. Now down to a 9mm pistol. No tats. Definitely a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I fix/maintain a majority around here such as vehicles, plumbing, wiring, appliances, etc. Would love to teach a woman how to do an oil change, if only for the one time experience. Have been known to shed a tear or 5 during a sappy movie. Or maybe coincidentally I got something in my eye. If something is bothering me, I will tell you. Not a chance I will ever wear skinny jeans. I’m compassionate. Gentle, yet strong. Not musically talented, though I do like to sing. Perhaps a good thing I live alone! If you tell me something, I listen. I work in scrap metal so constantly getting dirty, cut, bruised, burned, etc. Signed on with the local humane society to foster kittens on an as-needed basis. Just finished fostering a litter of orphan kittens a few weeks ago. I'm sure there is more, but I've prattled on as it is with a topic directed to women. :)

1 person likes this

The manly one, if I had to choose.  Why?  Zombie apocalyse - always be prepared.

That said, manly guys have feelings, too, and you might be surprised how many of them want to talk about them, even if they struggle with it.  (If course, if he wants to do it ALL the TIME, I'ma have to punch him in his sensitive little face, because no.)

And since when is loving literature not manly?  There are SO many manly works of literature, by men (in fact, I thought we had more than a few great works written by "dead white guys," many of whom did plenty of manly things in their lives...)