ArtsyGal

Decorating?

9 posts in this topic

Hello gentlemen ^_^

I have an other frivolous question for you :D

Are you ready? Good :)

You are currently married to the lovely woman of your dreams, and now have bought your first house together. Now it is time to make this house a home by decorating! Yay!

Now, would you want to help with the decorating design of the home or let your lovely wife design how the decor should be?

3 people like this

I like things to basically remain neutral. My dad used to build spec homes and he would always make the houses neutral colors. I think for main rooms where guests would be, I would monitor what she wanted to do. If it was a more private room like a bedroom, I would be a little more lenient. I never understood how to match furniture to homes. So I would probably agree with whatever she wanted unless it was really off the wall.

I'm not really interested in decorating... She could do it however she wants within reason.

Just leave me a nice basement room with cinderblock walls and a bunch of gun racks...

5 people like this

I'm pretty picky when it comes to my living areas. I hate Chinese/low quality items so I'd definitely have to be involved so our house wasn't full of disposable junk. Traditional, long lasting decorations and furniture only. :) I'd much rather make my own furniture or save up to buy quality than rush into completing a house with low-end items that will be tossed in a few years.

Architecture is a pretty big hobby of mine too so I probably would have to settle down with someone who isn't interested in suburban carbon copy homes either. :lol:

Provided she knows what she's doing (because I sure don't) and doesn't make the house look overly feminine, sure, decorate away! The man-cave is my jurisdiction though.  ^_^

4 people like this

I hate Chinese/low quality items so I'd definitely have to be involved so our house wasn't full of disposable junk. Traditional, long lasting decorations and furniture only. :) I'd much rather make my own furniture or save up to buy quality than rush into completing a house with low-end items that will be tossed in a few years.

Architecture is a pretty big hobby of mine too so I probably would have to settle down with someone who isn't interested in suburban carbon copy homes either. :lol:

Second that! Good solid stuff that I could pass on to my kids :) Quality can be prohibitively dear though. In my area they have a timber slab factory - things to drool over I tell you!

As for decorating I don't like most modern styles - too cold and shiny - which also plays into my desire to build my own house. I'm fairly adaptive so she'll probably do most of the decorating (that and I've been meaning to decorate my dreary room for ages and haven't gotten around to it!) as long as its along the lines of a style I like and not excesively pink....and by excessive I mean anything above minimal....plus if we are getting quality stuff with the attached price tag then I will most certainly weigh in on my opinion!

1 person likes this

I admit I would like to have an active role in furnishing our home. I would like to use antique furnature wherever possible, as well as vintage appliances. My dream home is a plantation or ranch. ( or anything old with a lot of land really) and maybe a traction engine to give hayrides with.