Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cookiemonster

Tattoos& Piercings

11 posts in this topic

Would you ever get a tattoo of your husbands 's name or wedding date/day you met/fell in love etc

Do you like a boy with tattoos and/ or piercings?

Would you ever consider getting a tattoo or piercing if someone suggested it to you?

I've actually seriously considered getting a wedding ring tattoo. I have really short fingers, so it's pretty difficult for me to find one ring that fits comfortably, let alone the traditional two rings that married women in the US wear. Plus, it seems like it would be a great symbol of the depth of my commitment to my spouse, since I feel like too many people take marriage lightly these days. My spouse would have be on board to get a matching one, obviously. 

The downside is that finger tattoos tend to blur and wear off quickly, since we all use our hands so much, so going with anything more than a plain black line is probably not a great idea. I'm also a serious perfectionist about some things, and I'm not sure I'd be able to cope very well if I noticed even a minute flaw in the tattoo once it'd been etched permanently into my skin. Oddly, I'm not really worried about what I'd do in the event of a divorce; first off, because I'm confident in my relationship, but secondly, because after watching my mother's 27-year marriage end, I feel like having to get a small tattoo removed would be the *least* traumatizing part of that ordeal. If my husband died...well, than I'd be honored to have a memory of our life together etched into my skin forever.

1 person likes this

As someone who already has both, yes I would date someone with or without. I love the idea of getting the initials of my future husband on my ring finger. But since these are permanent things, it should be up to yourself weither you want a tattoo or a piercing, should never let someone make you get these things.

No, I don't want any tattoos or piercings on my body. If he wants to put my initials, name, birth date or our anniversary on his body, that's up to him but I'm not asking for it and I'd probably prefer if he didn't. 

I don't really mind if a guy has some tattoos but I prefer a guy with no tattoos and I REALLY prefer a guy without piercings. That's really not attractive to me. 

5 people like this

I think it all depends on the guy, to be honest, and the extent and placement of their tattoos and piercings. I've met, and am related to, some great guys that are totally covered. Which has, probably, made me think a bit differently.

HOWEVER, as far as what you're talking about specifically... I wouldn't. Not because of any lack of commitment, or anything. Just because it's not for me. I know this, because it IS something I have thought about doing, and have come to the conclusion that it's not something I'd want to do.

I really like clean cut guys. Straight arrows. Those are the ones that really get under my skin. Still, if I met a really great guy, who only had a few tattoos, and maybe an ear piercing, or something, I'd probably be ok with that. As long as he respected my decision to NOT have tattoos, and only getting my ears pierced.

2 people like this

I don't know if I'd get a tattoo of my husband's name or anything like that or not. Maybe a little picture representing him or something.

I like/would date a guy with piercings (unless it was a nipple piercing or something. Yuck!) and/or tattoos (unless it was of something gross or offensive. Or the tattoo art REALLY sucked.)

And I would only get a piercing or tattoo if I wanted to get it.

1 person likes this

Nope. I'm not really a fan of tattoos. Nor am I a fan of a guy with piercings. If my mom didn't get my ears pierced as a baby I wouldn't get them now but since I have them I try to keep earrings out as I don't too much care for them but if I do wear them it's in a simple stud or pearls that people hardly notice..... I personally don't find either as attractive. And no I will not get any tattoos no matter what.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure if I like the idea of matching tattoos. Do I like guys who have them and piercings? Yes!

I'm Unsure about getting couples tattoos. I like guys with tattoos and piercings as long at they're tasteful and inoffensive. Im thinking of getting a disney tattoo.

Hi everyone :D

I'm going to share an article that talks about tattoos. It's from a christian perspective.  I've just discovered it recently...

Original article :

http://macarthur.charismanews.com/culture/57543-ex-witch-how-tattoos-relate-to-occultic-blood-rituals

As old-school theologians and hipster believers debate the biblical commands not to tattoo the body, a deeper truth lurks.  

Ex-witch Beth, who herself has a handful of tattoos, says one cannot ignore the similarities to occult blood rituals.  

"A blood ritual is a satanic ritual that is done as a covenant or pact. There are at least two people involved in this type of ritual. The person who is shedding their own blood, and the person who is invoking a demon and its power," Beth writes on her blog, The Other Side of Darkness.

"The person who is shedding their blood is the recipient in this transaction. They are giving their blood (life) in order to receive some sort of benefit, such as life, prosperity, fame, fortune or power. The cuts are now an open doorway for the entrance of evil spirits (demons) (that) you have granted permission. By agreeing to and participating in the shedding of your blood, you have (given) the devil a right to you. Often people who participate in a blood ritual also give over rights to future generations," she continues.  

Beth recognizes a tattooed body is not necessarily one and the same as blood rituals. Even Christians who passionately serve Jesus have tattoos to mark their faith.  

But one cannot ignore the parallels between tattoos and blood rituals.  

"However, you are piercing your skin with a needle between 50 to 3,00 times a minute. You are also shedding your blood, and you are making a choice to pierce your skin and shed your blood," Beth writes.  

"You also have to consider the person who is doing the tattoo. Where are they at religiously or spiritually? If they are another religion or hold spiritual beliefs of the New Age or occult, what does the tattoo mean to them? The one who holds the tattoo gun is the one who is shedding your blood. That is a very powerful position over you. If they are praying over you to their god or goddess, how does that affect you while you are openly submitting to them shedding your blood? Does it really matter if your tattoo is of a cross or a Bible verse in this case?" 

Watch the video to see more of her explanations : http://macarthur.charismanews.com/culture/57543-ex-witch-how-tattoos-relate-to-occultic-blood-rituals

I used to have 14 piercings. I got rid of all of them except for 2 on my earlobes. I have three tattoos. I don't plan on getting more.

If a man wants to have tattoos, that's his business. I don't like piercings anymore though.