cookiemonster

Tattoos& Piercings

24 posts in this topic

Would you ever get a tattoo of your wife's name or wedding date/day you met/fell in love etc

Do you like a girl with tattoos and/ or piercings?

Would you ever consider getting a tattoo or piercing if someone suggested it to you?

1 person likes this

Would you ever get a tattoo of your wife's name or wedding date/day you met/fell in love etc 

No.

I don't find tattoos to be attractive, to be completely honest.  As for piercings, I'm fine with traditional ear piercings, but I'm not a fan of anything else.

Would you ever consider getting a tattoo or piercing if someone suggested it to you? 

No.

2 people like this

I have never wanted tattoos personally and I never really found them attractive either. I think ear and belly button piercings are cute for a girl, but other than that no piercings either. It's not that if you get a tattoo it is unattractive though. I just don't think it adds to attractiveness.

2 people like this

Maybe after we're married. I dunno. Definitely not before.

Depends what and where xD smaller is cuter. If it's like a giant picture of Bob Marley on their back then probably not but I dunno, maybe I would grow to love it. 

Not unless it's someone I reeeally honestly love. Like, I can be gradually pressured to do almost anything by people I love, when if it was anyone else, I would be straight up like NOPE.

1 person likes this

Would you ever get a tattoo of your wife's name or wedding date/day you met/fell in love etc?

Probably not. As much as I like the thought of our relationship being permanent, you just can't predict the future. Of course, tattoo removal might be easier than I think it is or it might be really easy in the future, in which case I would definitely consider getting a tattoo together.

Sure, they can be hot. 

I've considered the thought of getting a tattoo, so I suppose I would be susceptible to suggestion, but I wouldn't get one just because someone suggested it, no. And while I kind of want to get one someday, I don't think I could ever settle on a design or be comfortable with the thought of the permanence (see question 1). As for piercings, I don't think I would ever get one.

I see the appeal of having a permanent sign of our permanent love, but I really don't think that I'd be comfortable with a tattoo. Our hearts are marked, I don't really have a desire to mark my body too. Plus it'd be really awkward if my wife died and I wanted to get remarried. What, do I cross off first wife's name and write the second?

I don't find tattoos very attractive. I don't mind ear piercings, but I find other types of piercings to be really unnatural.

Nope. I wouldn't want to tattoo my body. I can't imagine being 80 and having a tattoo. That thought alone shoots down any ideas of getting one.

Probably not a name and not a date. But if she really wanted me to get something i'd probably do it. If she thought it really romantic for whatever reason I'd go for it, but she'd have to promise an extraordinary amount of sex in return :P. I like the idea of getting a few tattoos though. Something related to her would be sweet.

Do you like a girl with tattoos and/or piercings?

I don't have a 'thread' running through women i'm attracted to. I'm attracted to women of all different heights/weights/races etc etc

I've seen girls with loads of tattoos I've been attracted to, piercings, girls without anything. So I like some girls tatted up and some that aren't, if all depend on that initial attraction and then the personality. Girls who are tatted up and pierced like crazy tend to be the sweetest going. You really can't tell, a girl at uni got her nipple pierced and showed people, I really wouldn't like that though. Not my cup of tea. (although I did once see a girl with the word 'slut' tattooed on her thigh and thought 'that's stupid, really stupid'... then she turned around and then I saw her face... and thought 'i'm going to settle her down and marry her!' :lol: As long as your face isn't covered i'll probably quite like the tattoos. Unless it's like the name of an ex or something!!

I've seen people gets tats for losing bets and stuff. No thanks!! Wife? Maybe i'd get one. Anyone else suggesting it? Nope and i'd wonder why they were suggesting it!

1 person likes this

i do not believe in tattoos and piercings; me personally as a strong christian believe that God has made us as we are. Tattoos and piercings are worldly things. i am happy the same way God made me!

as for if a girl had got them in the past; i wouldn't mind as long as it not too much and she has decided not to get any more.

i wouldn't get any though

2 people like this

Not really. Although I have seen some rather cute/unique tattoos that a few friends have gotten.

One of the most beautiful (spiritually, physically, emotionally) women I've ever known had many tattoos that cover most of her body. She really changed the way I viewed tattoos because each one represented something that she loved with all her heart. She loved them enough to mark her body with them and that to me was a turn-on.

There are several tattoos I have planned for the future and each of them is a symbol of my beliefs/core values.

Would you ever get a tattoo of your wife's name or wedding date/day you met/fell in love etc 

Highly unlikely. 

Not at the moment...While I think some tattoos/piercings suit people (and their are some good looking tats though if they last looking good is another thing...) its not something I'm looking for. Of what I know about acupuncture points and how even simple piercings like earlobes can affect the body I'd prefer if my partner didn't have them. That being said it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

I have been faintly tempted on occasion...but no.

Delicious name and fantastic question, CookieMonster!

I wouldn't get a tattoo at all, for a few reasons. When I get older, it's likely going to look like garbage. I may not want my kids to grow up with tattooed family members that may encourage them to get tattoos before they are ready to make such a decision. And frankly, I think the human form is beautiful, and need not be edited. There is a difference between putting something ON your body, and making it a part of your body.

I think this answers questions 1 and 3. Even if it is a loved one, I don't really see the point of tattooing their name on my body.

I don't know if it would be a deal-breaker for me. Probably not.  While I don't understand the need for them, it doesn't mean I should declare my belief a universal law, for it's not significantly a moral thing. I can probably be fine with it. I understand showing off to the world something that matters to you, that defines you, but I ultimately think it's best to just know and show it. I'm not PARTICULARLY into tattooed girls. But not opposed to dating one, either.

None of this really applies to piercings. I don't want any myself, but I don't mind them at all. Except for those piercing that just go into your skin, that typically appear on one's arm or face. They actually disgust me.

2 people like this

No. I don't do tattoos.

I've always found them sexually attractive with the exception of facial tattoos and piercings. However, I have yet to meet a girl with multiple tattoos and piercings that shares my moral standards. I have nothing morally against tattoos or piercings, it's just that many of the girls with them a lot of them are what I would consider to be of low moral standing.

Nope. I don't do either.

I do have a tattoo myself on the inside of my left arm and actually, I am against tattoos, but it's acceptable to me if it's something precious and not easy to see.

I believe that some tattoos and piercings can make a girl more attractive, as long as it's not over-exaggerated. 

I'd have no problem if my wife had a lip piercing (small ring) or a piercing on her navel, but anything other than that is just a a big no for me, especially nose/tongue/genital piercings.

And yeah, I'd definitely tattoo my wife's name on my body.

Artificial beauty will never be as good as natural beauty, so personaly i dont like tattoos nor piercing, i do respect everyones right in having them but no one can convince me to have one or have a partner who got some its kinda disgusting

2 people like this

I will never get a tattoo. I'm just not a trend follower or one who gives into peer pressure. Just because everyone's getting them, that doesn't mean I feel like I need to get one. My opinion of them is fixed and can never be changed.

"Would you like a girl with tattoos/and or piercings?" I personally find them unattractive. In a way it bothers me she thought it attractive to permanently do that do her beautiful skin, permanently mark it with ink. I'd never like her tattoo but it wouldn't be an issue if it were tiny and out of the way like on her ankle. The big stuff, huge things on her back, her stomach, legs, an entire sleeve of tattoos on her arm or arms, that would be too much of a turnoff and I wouldn't pursue her. The same with piercings. I don't like them but something like a bellybutton piercing wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't pursue a girl with something in her tongue, piercings in her face, if I found out she had pierced her nipples or her privates down below than we'd be too different and we'd never work as a couple. I'd only be interested in a girl with none at all or very, very mild forms of this cultural trend.

Would I get one if someone suggested me to? I don't understand, if I don't like them and don't want to get one why would I suddenly go against who I am and get one because someone suggested it? Of course not.

I once heard it put like this: "Does a car look better with or without bumper stickers?" Bumper stickers do not improve the appearance of a car. Tattoos and piercings do not improve a person's appearance. But at least bumper stickers are pretty easy to remove. Tattoos on the other hand....

I don't mean to insult anyone here that may have tattoos or non-earlobe piercings (I don't desire for one to have regular earlobe piercings either, but I can overlook them). But it seems that these things are often indicators of promiscuity and unclean living. These things don't make someone this way, but they often go hand in hand with certain lifestyles. Aside from that, it seems to indicate that they want attention. It indicates a lack of foresight. Tattoos may hinder ones job prospects and they will look worse over time. It is also a waste of money. If you bought a painting you didn't want anymore you could always sell it. But if you got a tattoo you don't want..... well your stuck with it and there is no way to recoup your monetary expenditure. Now, I don't think a regular ear piercing necessarily indicates such things on a girl aside from a little vanity perhaps. But, I still think even regular ear piercings are a form of physical mutilation.

In short, no, I would never get piercings or a tattoo. Additionally, there is no one that looks better with tattoos and piercings than without.

6 people like this

Not a big fan of piercings or tattoo. Though if she has a small tattoo I'm okay with that just not like an entire arm with ink would be a big turn off!

Answers in order...

No tats. Religious & personal reasons.

Depends on how many tats she had & what kind they are. Piercings are ok so long as they aren't in weird places.

No tats. See my first answer. I do have a piercing in the left ear, but do not want any elsewhere.

Would you ever get a tattoo of your wife's name or wedding date/day you met/fell in love etc?

No. Romanticism is a dominant trait of mine and I'd feel like I'm inviting worldliness into the relationship if I chose to represent our commitment to one another with a symbol attributed to rebellion. I believe that when you get married you become one and receive authority over each other's body. I see no reason to unnecessarily risk contracting disease to commemorate our bondage to one another. Being married in front of God is more than adequate.

It depends on the tattoo. Some tattoos look really cute and others are way too obnoxious for my taste. Ideally it'd be something that will look just as cute after 40 years of sagging skin. :lol: Non traditional piercings are a no for hygiene reasons. Especially if it's anywhere that could damage my little man. :o 

My ideal would be no tattoos or piercings of any kind.

No. I want to represent myself as someone is mature enough for committed relationships and the responsibilities they entail. I don't think tattoos are any indicators of such things, I simply do not wish to create doubt in any woman's mind. After hearing what and how many concerns they have I definitely don't want to add anything to the pile. :P 

1: No

2: No

3: No

On two, maybe three occasions guys have offered to pay for me to get a tattoo if I would get one. Tattoo and piercing free here. The worst are the "in memorium" tattoos. I don't want to be intimate with a tombstone.

1 person likes this

No no no. I think tattoos can be fun to look at images of people with them like any other artform but since i am looking for my equal i never got it done so she shouldn't either. If she had her ears pierced as a child then i guess she would have to let them close up because i don't like ear rings i also don't like makeup I don't want that poisonous stuff coming off on my face when we're kissing. I also don't like any other fake stuff like fake eyelashes, hair dye, fake nails. Glasses or contacts both are ok. Fingernail polish is ok i guess.