Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boots

Distance to meet people

7 posts in this topic

How far would you go to meet someone?anyone women from wisconsin or minnesota area?

4 people like this

Distance is no barrier for me - I would go wherever I needed to go to meet that person.  I have been fortunate enough to live in several different countries around the world and it has shown me that ultimately, the world is as big or as small as you want to make it.  Whilst some people would balk at the thought of a three hour drive across state lines, I would see nothing wrong with flying 16 hours to the other side of the world to meet someone if I was to find a true connection with them.

5 people like this

Before we go any further, I'm not from the Wisconsin/Minnesota area. Used to study in the Midwest, though, and absolutely loved it there. Full of some really lovely people.  ^_^

I find myself getting extremely bored, whenever I'm in the same place for lengthy periods of time; so it's not unusual for me to act on a whim, and just go (provided the time and means are available to me). Much like 29K said, before me: I don't consider distance to be an issue, per se. Breaking the perceived barrier can often prove to be an adventure worth having.
...Permission to use 'YOLO'?  :lol:

Whilst some people would balk at the thought of a three hour drive across state lines, I would see nothing wrong with flying 16 hours to the other side of the world to meet someone if I was to find a true connection with them.

I wish it would take three hours go cross my state's line :lol: I drive three hours a couple times a year to see my best friend or my brother, and that's within the state of Texas.

I'm not rally how sure I would go for someone. Visiting someone I care about is fun, and it creates an adventure.

You all make an excellent point. I like the sound of adventure, just sometimes people get tied down with family, friends and jobs. Not saying its impossible to do. Just hard to get up and go where ever, if you meant to spend the rest of your life with this person. Yeah it would be worth whatever the distance is

5 people like this

From this site? Well, if I had the means (meaning I had a car and someone to drive me, because I don't drive and won't get my license... for health reasons, mainly... or had the money to fly somewhere) I'd go anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those things and, from my experience of talking to different people (not just from this site), most people want to do the 'half way' deal. Where you meet somewhere in between. So, I'll be taking time to get to know everyone as much as I can online, in hopes that I'll be able to meet a few of you someday. There are a few people that I can already see myself being IRL friends with. I suppose if someone turns out to be someone I could see more with, then I'll have to figure something out with him to see if there is. In the meantime, I'm still working up courage to skype with a couple of people. Which, you'd think, would not be such a difficult thing... but it is, for me. :)

1 person likes this