DanceSingLove

Wedding planning

6 posts in this topic

Inspired by the recent "weddings" topic :)

Anybody else in the midst of wedding planning? Personally, I have NOT enjoyed a majority of it so far! I am so indecisive and I am not enjoying how expensive it is getting.. although we are very fortunate that our parents are helping us out quite a bit with the cost!

I was SO overwhelmed at the beginning of planning after we got engaged, but it is getting better now that most of the big things are planned.. venues for ceremony & reception, the cake, I have my dress and bridesmaid/MOH have theirs, honeymoon is booked (cruise around the bahamas!), flowers tentatively figured out, many of the decorations for ceremony and reception are semi figured out, and also recently also decided on a couple to DJ/ run karaoke for the reception which I think will be SO fun! 

I still have some other things to figure out- hair and makeup for us the day of (I think I know where I want to go, just need to contact them) and some other decoration stuff but overall I am feeling very good about it and we are still 5 months out! We often joke that we should have just eloped, though.. It feels like planning is more trouble than its worth. People will still find something to complain about anyway   :P  we are too deep in to change our minds now, though haha.

If you are married, did you enjoy the planning or find it stressful? If you are not married, are you looking forward to wedding planning? 

I definitely think wedding planning is one of those things that sounds really fun when you're just fantasizing, and is actually incredible painful when you really have to deal with the logistics of it all. My ultimate dream is to get married at Disney World, and it's not just cuz I love Disney: their years of hardcore dedication to professionalism, customer service, and streamlining everything imaginable means I'd feel way more comfortable trusting them with my wedding than I would any other venue. Plus, they're a 'one stop shop' for a lot of things (ceremony, reception, food, cake, flowers, etc), so I wouldn't have to deal with trying to coordinate a bunch of separate things.

2 people like this

After going through my sister's wedding, I'm not going to sweat the small stuff or have a big wedding. I just want mainly immediate family and a couple friends :D .

Congratulations BTW!!!!!!

Well after my mom and I did most(all) of the wedding planning for my sister's wedding I actually think it's a piece of cake! Some things were stressful especially since I was studying too but after knowing what my sister likes and doesn't it got easier so I already know what to do and what not to do.

CONGRATS!

I'm planning my wedding on Pinterest! Imaginary wedding lol. I feel like planning a wedding would be stressful though and surprisingly something I'm not looking forward to. If I could I would just elope lol.

Pinterest and Etsy are both so wonderful! Even just for ideas that you can then think about how to personalize them for yourself. For the flowers we have been shopping around a bit to get estimates from different places and I literally just show them a picture I found on pinterest of a bouquet I love and they are just going to do that.. otherwise it was just too many options and incredibly overwhelming.

and thanks for the 'congrats!' It has been a bit stressful, but is also such an exciting time!!  :wub: