Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jegsy Scarr

Phantom of the Opera Appreciation thread

9 posts in this topic

Hey, guys!

This is the official appreciation thread for The Phantom of the Opera. This is where to post any videos, pictures, comments and whatnot related to Gaston Leroux's novel, the movies, the musicals, the music, and so on.

I'll just kick things off with my favourite Phantom song (with Michael Crawford):

Also, here's one of the original illustrations from the first edition, with Erik modelling a Red Death costume and totally rocking it:

post-319-0-73778900-1421339892_thumb.jpg

So, I know there are Phantom fans on here. Get posting. If you refuse, you will give Faust to-night in a house with a curse upon it.

xxx

(Thanks to zoyuxi for suggesting this!)

2 people like this

I've never seen the musical, but I've always really liked this symphonic metal rendition of one of the songs:

1 person likes this

So, I know there are Phantom fans on here. Get posting. If you refuse, you will give Faust to-night in a house with a curse upon it.

Ok, I have no clue what is the meaning of the last sentence, but it does sound dreadful lol.

Here's an acoustic guitar rendition of The Phantom of The Opera Main Theme.

6 people like this

In a bit of a hurry now, but until then, here's my favourite Phantom of the Opera/Les Misérables picture:

large.jpg

3 people like this

Ok, I have no clue what is the meaning of the last sentence, but it does sound dreadful lol.

Here's an acoustic guitar rendition of The Phantom of The Opera Main Theme.

This is seriously the coolest!! 

When I was in high school I saw Phantom of the Opera on a traveling broadway show, it was so neat! I'd love to see it again someday although there are so many other Broadway shows I haven't gotten to see yet...

1 person likes this

There are many great versions of The Phantom of the Opera, all of them heartbreaking in a beautiful way, but my personal favorite would have to be the movie with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum. A lot of people don't like this movie for various reasons, many of them stemming from the fact that it is a little different in many respects from the book and theater productions, but if you watch the movie for what it is as a stand-alone work of theatrical art, and not for what you think it should be, you can begin to appreciate the masterpiece that it is. The acting is superb, the singing is excellent, and the filming is nothing short of beautiful and artistic. It's the kind of movie which is almost painful to watch, but which at the same time you cannot turn off.

Gerard Butler is my all-time favorite actor, and the Phantom is one of his best roles, in my opinion. It was one of his first major roles, and to this day he still calls it one of the most difficult he has ever played. The range of emotions that he and several of the other actors and actresses portray in this movie, sometimes all in the same scene, is just jaw-dropping.

1 person likes this

I don't know much about the Phantom of the Opera, but here's a cool cover I like of one of the songs from the musical.

This guy makes some really awesome covers. :)

2 people like this