Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kquest87

Valentine's Day

8 posts in this topic

1st off, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So in a month and a half, it will be that special, man made romantic day of the year. Though I have never cared for the holiday... but I realize this is the 1st time I have a boyfriend and I actually want to something special. Only problem is I don't know what will be good to do. I have asked all my friends and for them, it all leds to the bedroom. Noooo,so I'm asking y'all, as successful waiters, before getting married how did you celebrate Valentine's Day without in fear of it leading to the bedroom?

Beau and I have never really done anything big for Valentine's Day. We're more likely to celebrate in a way that's unique to us, like watching Star Trek, drinking beer, and eating boneless wings.

So that would be my recommendation, do something special for y'all, not something generically romantic (unless you like that! we love candles!). Get tickets to something special, or cook your favorite meal, or do your favorite activity. Whatever y'all really like.

3 people like this

Unfortunately he doesn't like any of those things. I was thinking cooking dinner together. Put in a good movie, wine? IDK, I kinda want to do cheesy too. Maybe take a pottery or paint class... is that romantic? Clay and paint?

2 people like this

You could always do a date night and go out to a nice romantic restaurant and then a walk (if you don't live in the frozen tundra like I do) and know ahead of time you aren't going back to anyone's place. If it's planned in advance there won't be any pressure. It sounds like you've got yourself a good guy that isn't going to pressure you, but why give yourself the temptation of being at home with a bedroom right down the hall if that's something that you want to avoid?

2 people like this

That is a good idea skepto. I live in NY so frozen tundra too. But there is this comedy club that is nice. Wonder if anyone good is performing then.

Unfortunately he doesn't like any of those things. I was thinking cooking dinner together. Put in a good movie, wine? IDK, I kinda want to do cheesy too. Maybe take a pottery or paint class... is that romantic? Clay and paint?

I would skip the wine, if you're avoiding temptation...