Jasmine23

I just needed to vent.

18 posts in this topic

Why is it that I see so many of you ladies picking on men so much?(Not really a question...)...The statements made toward men are very one sided, close minded, and downright rude.

Men are not the only ones seeking those of what some of you claim. There are in fact lots of women seeking the same things or worse. It's sad really. I don't see the guys being closed minded and one sided about women (hardly) and the ones that are, are all BANNED.

I know some of you are going to jump down my throat for this and what not but I don't care. You ladies should start thinking about things before putting the blame on men BECAUSE NOT ALL MEN ARE JERKS! Women can be and are the most vicious species around in my book (sometimes....hence why I'm more acquainted with males)... just because one or two or maybe even three guys treated you badly doesn't mean all guys will and vice versa fellas. Truth be told, Every one should think before they speak period.

*rant over*

11 people like this

Because male bashing is the politically correct thing to do these days?

I really appreciate how friendly you've been to me. I haven't really noticed many negative opinions coming from the women on this site. In fact, I think that most of the women on this site are extremely friendly.

12 people like this

I can only think of one particular recent instance where something inflammatory was said towards men. Otherwise the ladies here seem pretty chill.

*kanye shrug*

4 people like this

What on earth are you talking about? I can think of maybe a single post made in the last week that may be construed as 'male bashing' depending on how you interpret what has been written. We are a group of intelligent and passionate women and its incredibly patronising to be told that 'so many of us are picking on men'. Other than the post I alluded to earlier I fail to see any example of what you claim.

PS Being a feminist does NOT equal being a man hater.

7 people like this

I have no idea what you're talking about. Yeah, I call out all the sexist bullshit I see on this website, but I do so with facts and scientific sources. And I call out men and women equally. That's a far cry from "picking on men."

8 people like this

I can only think of one particular recent instance where something inflammatory was said towards men. Otherwise the ladies here seem pretty chill.

*kanye shrug*

I'm not talking about in the last day or week I've been seeing it over time. Yes there are women here that are pretty chill and there are others that aren't and I'm tired of seeing those that aren't chewing men apart.... but like I said, I was just venting. :)

1 person likes this

I've been on here over two yeas and I haven't really seen any male-bashing on here. I can only think of two occasions where I thought someone made a comment I really disagreed with. Once, one girl on here claimed young women are generally mature while young guys are generally all immature. I found this absurd, since most of the young women and young guys I know are both immature, albeit in different ways. The other time was the recent comment about men being unable to control themselves. That was a general, anti-male statement I thought was ridiculous. It wasn't elaborated on, though, so it might have just been a hotheaded moment.

As a man, though, I really haven't felt that the women on here have bashed me or men in general. What specific examples are you thinking of, Jasmine?

9 people like this

How about we just deal with individual violations on a case by case basis? If any of you happen to see a specific post that sexist, racist, hateful against meat eaters etc. then just hit the "Report" button under the post in question. One of the admins will deal with it. Well, most likely it will be me since I'm the wrathful tyrant around here who rains on everyone's parade and no one likes. :D

12 people like this

How about we just deal with individual violations on a case by case basis? If any of you happen to see a specific post that sexist, racist, hateful against meat eaters etc. then just hit the "Report" button under the post in question. One of the admins will deal with it. Well, most likely it will be me since I'm the wrathful tyrant around here who rains on everyone's parade and no one likes. :D

Yeah, you're EVIL, Vince. :P

4 people like this

No one likes you vince... We love you :) <3

7 people like this

Good thing I didn't name any specific person. All I said was I was venting. :D

3 people like this

Whose picking on men?? Whose being rude?? I haven't seen anything that's close minded or rude. I'm confused.

1 person likes this

Whose picking on men?? Whose being rude?? I haven't seen anything that's close minded or rude. I'm confused.

Well you're going to stay confused then. Sorry.

I posted this two days ago...... as I said "I just need to vent." I'm over it now. You can all talk amongst yourselves now. :)

5 people like this

BECAUSE NOT ALL MEN ARE JERKS!

Not all men are jerks.  But some of them really... really.. are.  And that is the society we live in.  We need good men desperately in our world.  And there are some really good ones here on WTM.org.

Also, when someone makes a claim, they may not mean "ALL MEN" unless they say "all men".  Maybe they are thinking of specific examples in their mind or thinking from a certain perspective, even though they didn't specify.

1 person likes this

Yeah, you're EVIL, Vince. :P

No one likes you vince... We love you :) <3

You both flatter me ;)

2 people like this

I'm not talking about in the last day or week I've been seeing it over time. Yes there are women here that are pretty chill and there are others that aren't and I'm tired of seeing those that aren't chewing men apart.... but like I said, I was just venting. :)

Now I'm trying to think back if my last posts were hating on guys. Hahaha. But I agree and honestly I think it's half and half. For every guy jerk there's a female rude chick and the opposite. In the end you have to think of yourself, "Why am I attracting these guys and why do I find them attractive?" If it's a pattern then it's a reflection on the other person as well.

And just to clarify, it's half and half for rude vs nice people regardless of gender. Yes women get the worse end of the stick but in general...

2 people like this