Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DragonTrain

So, people *still* wait in the West?

9 posts in this topic

Hey forumers, 

Found this site amusing. I'm from a certain heavily Westernized country in Asia. Won't mention it yet. 

I thought 20s virgins (as myself) and above are basically non-existent in Europe/US. As for my country, I don't know the exact figures, 'cos sex is taboo here and kept behind closed doors, but one thing I can tell, the sexual revolution is hitting our shores HARD. I would say here, maybe a majority of my generation don't WTM, but it's nowhere near say, 90+%. Maybe anywhere around 60-80%-ish, more like. But in 20-30 years time, we'll "progress" to your level, and we'll be celebrating fornicating, like everyone else! 

But after finding this site, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe some Westerners do control themselves. But honestly, how do you resist the bombardment the media, peer pressure give you I wonder? 

Anyway, I am proud and happy to say for the past few months, I am getting into a position where women take an interest in me. I have ditched my video games and lost quite a bit of weight, for starters, more change for the better will come!

I join this forum, partially to interact with "medieval-era, fun-hating, closet gay/lesbian" (as pop culture says) westerners who believe in WTM, partially to find encouragement as I, a late bloomer, begin to navigate the minefield known as dating, and keep my values intact.

See you around. 

3 people like this

Well that's quite an intro! Welcome to the site! Peer pressure and pressure from the media are definitely an issue. But this site is great for people with a common goal to interact. (Have you seen the list of celebrity waiters: http://waitingtillmarriage.org/category/celebrities-who-waited-till-marriage/ ) Good luck in sticking to what you believe in! You can definitely find a lot of support here.  :)

Welcome. :)

Yes, it can be quite difficult to live in a society where people don't think anything of having sex... and, YES, there are some of us who don't. :)

Welcome to the site! Yes surprisingly enough there are still some of us left here! :)

Welcome to the site & hang in there! You'd be surprised how international the site is. We have or have had members from the 6 main continents, though still no word from Antarctica lol!