Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waitn4myprince

dating and waiting

8 posts in this topic

hello all :lol:

When dating, how long do you wait to tell the person that you are WTM? Do you tell them on the first date, the third, do you wait until you both decide to be exclusive?

I wait until at least a few dates. I think thats a good time because it doesnt scare people, and its before things get too serious.

Yeah I would say definitely after a few dates. I don't think coming out with it the first date is necessarily a bad thing (although I've never done that) but like Sally said, waiting a few dates helps to negate the "scare factor" if there even is one.

Well, you know what I did the last time I was on a date, so I don't have to tell you. LOL! I'm of the "tell him on the first date" approach. I want to see their reaction, see if they're WTM, etc. Last date that I was on, we talked exes, religion, family, etc. I used to be more delicate. Now, I just cut the heart out of it & see what's in it, to determine whether or not I want to stick around. It's a little more cut-throat to some, but I got school, so time is key... &, I don't practice patience like I should...So, I might not be the best person to give advice on this subject. But, if it's consolation, no guy that I have ever told ran away.

Like the post above tell them on the first date because that way you find out if there waiting as well and that way you dont start to like them and then find out that there not waiting and getting ur hopes crushed.

Hello All :lol:

Thank you so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I asked because my last dating experience I didnt tell the guy until he launched at me. I wish I had told him sooner cause after that he was really catty. I didnt even know straight guys could be catty. We didnt say we werent going to see each other anymore we just didnt speak to each other and we saw each other like everyday(in class) but didnt say a word. I think im just gonna come out first date to avoid this again. Thank you all for your wonderful replies :D

Well I haven't made up my mind whether I am WTM or not, but either way I will approach sex in a very conservative way. Because I haven't made up my mind whether I want to WTM, I am not going to start dating yet. But I think I'd just get it out on the first date, at the very end. I'd rather he end things on the first date than the third or fourth or whatever when I am getting attached to him.

Well, you know what I did the last time I was on a date, so I don't have to tell you. LOL! I'm of the "tell him on the first date" approach. I want to see their reaction, see if they're WTM, etc. Last date that I was on, we talked exes, religion, family, etc. I used to be more delicate. Now, I just cut the heart out of it & see what's in it, to determine whether or not I want to stick around. It's a little more cut-throat to some, but I got school, so time is key... &, I don't practice patience like I should...So, I might not be the best person to give advice on this subject. But, if it's consolation, no guy that I have ever told ran away.

Like this girl, I don't waste time.

When I talked to my Mom about this, she told me that it'd be a great way to run a guy off on the very first date. Then I realized that we live in a world where a lot of people have sex for fun and don't even need the grounds of a relationship in order to have it- it's became awfully casual.

I guess I feel that the person you're dating is going to have the same response on date #1 on date #5 when the topic comes to the surface. So, I have let it been known in advance- I'd rather him run earlier.