Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Physical Strength; a deal breaker?

10 posts in this topic

As I read Vince's topic on ask the girls, I thought up a counter thread for the guys. I have always been a strong girl, I can lift heavy things. My Dad always told me I'm the strong farmer girl type, we have farmers way back in our family.

My question is, how do you men feel about a woman who can either help with carrying, carry her own load or maybe even carry you? How do feel about muscles on a woman?

I think lean muscle is attractive on a woman provided that she's not the female bodybuilder type.  :lol: I know that there are a lot of women that think weight-lifting will turn them into She-Hulk, but in reality it gives them a more toned look.

8 people like this

I think its a great attribute overall. I'm only 135lbs so I'm going to need some help with my hobby farm when I graduate. The stronger the better. :D I don't really think either has anything to do with being good at manual labor though. All the guys in my family stay between 100-140lbs until their late 20s. Then they go up to 180 and stay there until they go back to 105-115lb at 90 years old. :P Every one, including myself, grew up on small farms so you can definitely be a small framed woman (or man) and be good at chores.

That being said, there's a big difference between a girl who grew up lifting on a farm and someone who is into the competitive lifting scene. The former is okay but, the latter is gross to me. I don't like the super bronze type that lives for the gym.

It's attractive. I feel that when a girl is stronger, I don't feel like she's going to break when I hug her.

Edit: By stronger, I don't mean miles stronger than I, I mean stronger than the average girl.

5 people like this

I think lean muscle is attractive on a woman provided that she's not the female bodybuilder type.  :lol: I know that there are a lot of women that think weight-lifting will turn them into She-Hulk, but in reality it gives them a more toned look.

This is exactly how I feel, too. It's always funny to me when people say they don't want to lift weights, because they don't want to "get big," as if it's that easy. For most people, especially for those with smaller frames, getting muscularly large is a combination of strict dieting, exercising, supplements, and maybe drugs. Also, the people in the magazines are oiled up, pumped, and tanned to make themselves look bigger. Even if one is prone to developing large muscles with little effort, there's a simple solution if one starts to get "too big." Just stop working out, or at least stop working out so intensely. For most of us, though, that's not going to even be an issue. For most of us, lifting weights will give us some simple tone, shape, and strength. Getting big takes a huge effort, and working out is the easy part.

3 people like this

A woman who is mentally strong, is able to do every task she wants by removing every hinder that's on her path. That's what I call true strength; dedication.

About muscles on a woman:

Fitness models = yeah (squatters)

Bodybuilders = NEVER.

5 people like this

My sentiment exactly. To me, it shows she can take care of her body. Who knows? Maybe she'll whip me into shape :lol:

1 person likes this

In the gym I've seen physical perfection lol. It seems to be more difficult for women to gain strength like men. Personally a woman that's fit is ideal or one that strives to be fit. I've seen women who are so muscular that they look like men. I don't find that attractive but someone else might.

In general a woman who's strong physically is great! Healthy = Sexy, beautiful, attractive etc...

4 people like this

Simply put, I personally don't mind if she still looks like a woman.  To me, I find curvature very very sexy and feminine, and I think there are a multitude of ways women can express their own brand of curvature without having to apologize for it.  If that curvature comes with some muscle, she should flaunt it as confidently as any other woman.  So, personally, I think if she maintains feminine curvature with some muscle too, I'm game.

Also, its not always about form, but function too.  A stronger woman will be a lot more fun with which to do neat athletic stuff that can keep up.  I like to go on hikes, and roll on the mat doin' jiu jitsu.  I also like to exercise.  Another benefit to stronger ladies is that there is a little testosterone boost to her body.  The boosted estrogen can naturally follow it to balance the hormones, but the testosterone boost will make her more horny.  As a waiter, this is just an awesome thing to think about.  Mmm mmh.

Always remember ladies, just "do you."  Don't apologize for being stronger or different, or whatever.  Variety is a sign of prosperity, and oh my, we human beings have been abundantly blessed with so much variety.

5 people like this

I gotta say... the topics here... my goodness.

Physical strength isn't a deal breaker. Even if she were stronger than me. You can't always help who you will end up with... sometimes it just falls into your lap.