ArtsyGal

Any other Warhammer 40K or Fantasy nerds out there..........

18 posts in this topic

Hello :D

Yes, I will admit that I am a 40K nerd!

So nerds unite, and announce yourselves :D

How did you get into the hobby?

What is your favourite aspect of the game?

Do you read up on all/some of the "fluff" of the Warhammer universe?

post-41149-0-11243700-1417935484_thumb.j

1 person likes this

Oooh oooh me!!!!!!  I love Warhammer 40k.  I'm so excited, I need a new change of pants!

1 person likes this

I've read 3 Warhammer 40K books and have played a game w/ one of my best friends!!! Good times!!!!

2 people like this

Hello :D

Yes, I will admit that I am a 40K nerd!

Oooh oooh me!!!!!!  I love Warhammer 40k.  

Are you talking about the trading cards or the computer games?  Never played it to be honest.  What is it about?  I know it plays in the space hulk universe [something like that].. 

I've read 3 Warhammer 40K books and have played a game w/ one of my best friends!!! Good times!!!!

And I didn't know you get warhammer books.. interesting 

I am talking about a table top game that is similar to Space Hulk but completely diffent. You use the same miniatures as you do in Space Hulk depending on which army you play. In a Space Hulks set there are Blood Angles( type of Space Marine, super inhansed human) then Tyrinds (an alien race that is always hungry and devouring anything or anyone in its path.)

But there are many other armies as well that you can play with, like my army, the Eldar ^_^

You play with no board, just a table where you set up terrain, fortresses and other things for the game.

As for books, you can order them online, find them in big book stores if they carry them or at a specialty store like Games Workshop or some other store that carries Warhammer.

I hope that helps you Eugene :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that you have a main rule book for the game, then an additional rule book that is specific to what army you play. So it is an extensive hobby on that alone, but very enjoyable ^_^

Don't forget the Dawn of War series of computer games! That is also set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Also, Dawn of War introduced the Blood Ravens chapter to players, and made the Blood Ravens chapter an official part of the Warhammer 40,000 universe!

1 person likes this

You are so right Stephen!! How could I have forgotten!

There is also a game for the Xbox 360 that is about Spacemarines. Very fun, and has an online multi player when you can be Spacemarines or Chaos.

There will also be an MMO called Dark Millennium based on the Warhammer 40,000 universe available in the near future. So does anyone else want to contribute to this thread? ;)

I played as a Space Marine army against my friend who was Alien type creatures. I'm a little rusty on my Warhammer 40K lingo, though, I have three of the books on my shelf right now. I was really digging the Sisters army; they seem Amazonian and cool! :)

I played as a Space Marine army against my friend who was Alien type creatures. I'm a little rusty on my Warhammer 40K lingo, though, I have three of the books on my shelf right now. I was really digging the Sisters army; they seem Amazonian and cool! :)

That is great Jgotmilk :D I believe you may have been fighting the Tyranids, they remind me of the aliens off the movie Aliens.

Yea, the Sisters of battle are gorgeous models :) And they are women who kick butt, especially alien butt :D 

1 person likes this

Yes, the Sisters of Battle would be my army of choice!! Yes, I was fighting the Tyriads. lol  You know your Warhammer 40K lingo I see. :) 

1 person likes this

It's funny how all these Science Fiction groups borrow ideas from each other. In Starcraft, the Zerg were largely inspired by the Tyranids.

It's funny how all these Science Fiction groups borrow ideas from each other. In Starcraft, the Zerg were largely inspired by the Tyranids.

Really Stephen? I didn't know that :o

Well the name and design of the Eldar in Warhammer 40K came from J.R.R. Tolkien's Eldar. 

I did noy know that Tolkien created the name Eldar!

Really Stephen? I didn't know that :o

Well the name and design of the Eldar in Warhammer 40K came from J.R.R. Tolkien's Eldar.

1 person likes this