PG1

Women who go grey early...

11 posts in this topic

I am just curios about your view on women who are (relatively) young, going grey. Now, in a few weeks I'll be 35. I started getting grey hair in my early 20s, it's not really heavy, but it's silvery color does show up quite well sometimes. I have only died my hair ONE time in my life (only once of perming, as well). It was fun, but I'm more of 'go natural' girl. Doing what makes ME happy, etc. I don't even wear make-up that often. Now, I know make-up has been brought up before, and how most you feel on that, but what about a woman going grey. Does it make you feel as if she is too old for you? Do you like it? What are your thoughts. :) There is no right or wrong, no reason to have differing opinions argued. I am just interested in picking your brains. hehehe...

5 people like this

Hey, its sexier than male pattern baldness....*sigh*

I wouldn't mind it. As long as she's not overly self-conscious about it and 'owns it' it could add quite nicely to a person's uniqueness/quirkiness. I'd prefer natural hair colour either way. That or we can have long sessions of plucking out gray hairs like the asian ladies do or dye it completely gray - she'll be my cougar and I'll be her boytoy  ;)

4 people like this

Nope, she'll never be too old for me if that would happen and I won't have any problem with her starting to have gray hair. I expect though, that she'll dye her hair, because she's too young to have gray hair, life's already short, leave the gray hair to a later age. Let us be young.

The reason of having this opinion may be due to my rejection of old age. Seeing old people and how they live, I don't pity them. I just don't  want to live such a life. Yes and this is my choice I don't expect anyone to understand me.

I rather live a short but happy life instead of a long but sad one.

I have very dark hair and I have gray hair....  Some of my friends my age (30) do too.  When I was 14, I developed a silver streak in my hair.  I used to be embarrassed of it until I learned that people thought it was the coolest thing.  So I sported the streak for a few years.  Now, it is spreading and doesn't look like a distinct streak anymore, so I dye my hair occasionally.  I am much happier with it when it is dyed but I don't like the maintenance.  There sure is a lot of maintenance in womanhood and beauty..

I wouldn't care from an appearance standpoint, but, I actually may encourage her to dye her hair depending on the field she is working in.

Teachers, Business women, etc, earn more respect from not looking old in many cases.

I love grey hair so I wouldn't mind at all. :P Women who have grey hair usually seem intelligent or sophisticated to me. It's quite odd as blonde, while I like it :), is my least favorite natural color and it's the one that's closest to grey in appearence. Hair isn't really a big deal to me as I like all the natural colors and even the crazy pink or blue dye jobs that go around.

The only thing I don't like is when a woman is sporting a boy haircut. <_<

I am just curios about your view on women who are (relatively) young, going grey. Now, in a few weeks I'll be 35. I started getting grey hair in my early 20s, it's not really heavy, but it's silvery color does show up quite well sometimes. I have only died my hair ONE time in my life (only once of perming, as well). It was fun, but I'm more of 'go natural' girl. Doing what makes ME happy, etc. I don't even wear make-up that often. Now, I know make-up has been brought up before, and how most you feel on that, but what about a woman going grey. 

I am okay with it since I think it's something that people can't really control. I mean, yeah there are dyes and hair coloring and such, but I think getting gray hair is normal. I even have some gray hair on my head from time to time. 

This is one more example of how culture never fails to invent one more trivial thing for women to needlessly worry about in order to sell a new product.  As if CEO's and boardmembers didn't have enough already, they need to hold meetings on how to make women forget how beautiful they already are so they can generate need for their products to become even richer.

Do you like feeling worse about yourselves at your expense to pay CEO's and Boards of Directors in beauty product companies, ladies?  I don't think you should shell out one more dollar, its been going on long enough.

For proper encouragement, I offer the following ancient testimonial on gray hair from Proverbs 16:31: " Gray Hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness."

Maybe those who go gray early, men or women, have better morals, heh...

The silverback gorilla is the leader of the pack.  As primates, I am sure there is a similar social cue to leadership that applies to head hair for human beings.  We just don't unanimously have the back hair to go the way of the gorilla.  Think about it; if you lived long enough to make it to graying hair in the wild, people are going to want to follow your example to longevity.  "I want to hang out with this person, they didn't die young.  I wonder what they are doing right, let me follow them so I last a long time too!"  Well, the social cue lets you "cheat" the social system a little if you go gray early.

I suggest running a social experiment to see how much free authority you get by flaunting you early gray hair, and finding out what social changes result when you dye it instead.  I would wonder if you have more authority with gray hair...

1 person likes this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=grey+hair&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIpcCUvNKBxwIVxTwUCh1_dQ86&biw=1271&bih=589#imgrc=_

Looking at these, grey hair can look really good if you treat it like any other colour. I sometimes panic a bit too if I find a long white or black hair but I think, speaking about outer beauty, if you are really attracted to someone and how they present themselves, you will like any colour on them. 

I'm just stunned you're 35. Hahaha

Yeah? :) Thank you...I think? lol