Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtsyGal

Has marriage affected your worship of The Lord?

5 posts in this topic

Hello :)

Now that you have been married, has your worship of your faith changed?

Has it gotten stronger, pulled you away?

I understand that each couple will be different. Any insight or advise that you have about your experiences would be lovely :)

Thank-you in advance for post :)

8 people like this

Hello!

This is going to be a bit of a strange answer since my husband and I are actually Muslims! However to answer your question, it has definitely strengthened our faith.

Both of us had decided at a young age to give ourselves towards humanity and service towards God, so we spend a lot of time volunteering together in mosque, and because of our busy lives, that time running  and developing programs becomes our 'together time', where we are working together for a big purpose - it's very fulfilling, and if you have good communication, you can make a big impact together! 

We also enjoy discussing our relationship with our Lord with each other, which I think strengthens our faith and also strengthens our relationship with each other ! 

I have to say - the only thing better than praying and serving is praying and serving together :) 

5 people like this

On 09/08/2016 at 4:34 PM, Selina said:

Hello!

This is going to be a bit of a strange answer since my husband and I are actually Muslims! However to answer your question, it has definitely strengthened our faith.

Both of us had decided at a young age to give ourselves towards humanity and service towards God, so we spend a lot of time volunteering together in mosque, and because of our busy lives, that time running  and developing programs becomes our 'together time', where we are working together for a big purpose - it's very fulfilling, and if you have good communication, you can make a big impact together! 

We also enjoy discussing our relationship with our Lord with each other, which I think strengthens our faith and also strengthens our relationship with each other ! 

I have to say - the only thing better than praying and serving is praying and serving together :) 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooo very much for your deep and inspiring answer Selina!!! Wow:! That's awesome !!! You're an inspiration for me and that's beautiful to see how you and your husband can both serve God and the others together. I do want to experiment that! That's truly awesome! Thank you again for sharing !

1 person likes this

Hi ArtsyGal,
My husband was a non-believer when I married him. He created problems in my life. He had no love for me and always went after girls. I prayed to God to change his behavior. He never changed his rude behavior. I somehow managed to take him to a relationship counselling in Toronto, and that has changed our lives. 
He started respecting and considering me. He also began to worship God along with me. That was one of the greatest advantages that I had. Our life changed totally and we are living a happy life right now.