Adeleyestar

22 and still single

14 posts in this topic

So i am a 22 year old girl in my senior year of college and I am frustrated with always being single. This usually does not bother me, but every once in a while it does. This is really just a spur of the moment rant on how it just doesn't seem like there is any suitor for me. I thought it was cute to have never had a boyfriend when I was 18, but now pushing graduation and still going back and forth on the story of having a crush and it turning out that he doesn't like me back, or him liking me but not being my type is a little pathetic. It's even worse with my roommates banging their boyfriends literally everyday, and all i want is a first kiss. I am already a confident person who knows I am a good catch, but it seems that I am invisible to most guys. Sometimes i just wonder what I am doing wrong. Does any waiter sometimes feel the same?

8 people like this

I feel the same way in that I'm ready to have a relationship with someone, in my case, get married to someone. I'm just dying for intimacy, both physically and emotionally.

5 people like this

I understand. I think we all go through that feeling at different times in life. I wish I had some sage advice to give, but all I can say is just keeping going. Remember what you have just said, that YOU ARE a good catch. I have to tell myself that, sometimes, too.... but it's nice to be reassured of it on occasion. It would just be nice if it was a significant other doing the reassuring. :) I don't have much more experience than you, though just a little, and I'm quite a bit older... I feel your pain.

2 people like this

*sigh*...I'm in the same boat - 22 and never dated  <_< but looking at the serial infatuated dating and heartbraking routine that has become the general norm I'm like "aah, no thanks!" I think I'd rather be waiting for someone suitable  :D

5 people like this

To all the early 20 somethings, don't worry if you haven't dated or met anyone yet. This day and age, people hump like bunnies and get into and out of relationships. In the end all that happens is that you have two pissed off people who don't talk to each other and have serious baggage afterwards.

Trust me, you guys will neet someone in good time. I'm past my 20's and I see alot of people with issues from sleeping around and being serial monogamists in their 20's.

4 people like this

Why are you frustrated with being single? There's nothing wrong with that. I think it helps if you find something you like to keep your mind off of finding a relationship.

2 people like this

Ya, nothing wrong with being single.  If you're looking for "the one", just keep looking.  He's the only one in all the people in the world.  He just might not be in your life yet.  If you would like to expediate finding a boyfriend.  Be out there, go to places (social groups, clubs, activities at college), meet people, widen your options.  Then subtly flirt. Know how?  If that's the deal, we'll tell you here or you can post in the Girls Only section. 

Also something I have learned in my life.  Don't settle.  With that said, no one is perfect.  But don't settle when it comes to a person's character.  You are looking for someone who has the same values as you.  Sometimes that is hard to find and is worth the wait.  Don't compromise on that.  But you might find a diamond in the rough in that that compatible person doesn't look like what you thought he would.

2 people like this

Feel for you.

See if you can do things that take your mind off of your immediate unmet need. Find something fun to engage yourself in.

Ultimately, energy attracts like energy. So, if you are feeling lonely it will attract nobody. But if you feel friendly to yourself, enjoy your own company, and feel romantic about *yourself* ... then that will attract friends and romance to you. It works.

I know how hard it can be. I am 40, and still waiting.

2 people like this

I know that feeling. I'm 25 and have always been single, but my younger brother has already had his first kiss & his first girlfriend (but they broke up amicably).

1 person likes this

I just turned 26 and have always been single. I have had days like you where I feel pathetic or hopeless and lonely. Those days have been less as I've gotten older.

When I meet someone who values waiting like I do, I am glad that I have never been in other relationships even if that means awkwardly figuring it out with him when I meet the right one. 

Take your time entering a relationship. If real love is what you want, it takes time to grow. That's my advice. I don't regret it for myself. 

4 people like this

I'm 27, I haven't always been single, but I have for the most part. I go through fazes where I feel alone and unwanted. And other fazes where I am very happy to be single (I'm in this faze right now :D ). I think everyone goes through it, its part of life, unfortunately.

So i am a 22 year old girl in my senior year of college and I am frustrated with always being single. This usually does not bother me, but every once in a while it does. This is really just a spur of the moment rant on how it just doesn't seem like there is any suitor for me. I thought it was cute to have never had a boyfriend when I was 18, but now pushing graduation and still going back and forth on the story of having a crush and it turning out that he doesn't like me back, or him liking me but not being my type is a little pathetic. It's even worse with my roommates banging their boyfriends literally everyday, and all i want is a first kiss. I am already a confident person who knows I am a good catch, but it seems that I am invisible to most guys. Sometimes i just wonder what I am doing wrong. Does any waiter sometimes feel the same?

You asked if any waiter sometimes feel the same. You bet they do :P and that is pretty much one of the biggest reasons why this forum exists!

I am 27 and in the same boat as you.

You mentioned that it seems that you are invisible to most guys. For a second less assume that this invisibility is real then question is do you become invisible to them after they find out about your waiter status or before? If the answer is after they find about your waiter status then being invisible to those guys just means you are not what they are looking for which is not such a bad thing :). However, if the purported invisibility starts before they learn that you are in waiting mode then its either a) something to do with your body language and what signals it gives about your openness to communication from potential interested parties or (b ) your invisibility is not real !

If a) then this problem can be fixed by following Stacie's advice. If (b )... then there is nothing to worry about :)

I remember when I was in my senior year. Yes, it definitely got lonely back then but it was also one of the most exciting times of my life because I was figuring out what I was going to do after I graduated! If you haven't figured out your next steps after you graduate ... think about them and plan out your future. Move on to bigger and better things confidently and boldly :). An awesome adventure called life awaits you and I am sure it is awesome enough to keep your mind off of the loneliness for extended periods of time hahaha :D. Oh and while you are going on to do amazing things after college ... sometime along the way Mr. Right will also show up :P

All the best :)

1 person likes this

Take your time entering a relationship. If real love is what you want, it takes time to grow. That's my advice. I don't regret it for myself. 

Which is one reason I dislike the whole 'falling in love' terminology - if you're falling its not love  :lol:

3 people like this

Which is one reason I dislike the whole 'falling in love' terminology - if you're falling its not love  :lol:

Completely agreed!