PG1

Girls who like Star Wars...

26 posts in this topic

Yay, or Nay?

OK. So, I'll admit that I like it. I don't know every line, and I haven't seen it a billion times, but I do enjoy watching it. Of course, I didn't really get into it until my late 20s. So, I am not as knowledgeable about it as some might be. However, I do prefer watching it in the order it was made... and I do know SOME of the facts about it.

I've heard that it's pretty cool to guys if a girl likes that stuff, but how do you feel about girls who really enjoy watching that movie series, or series like that?

3 people like this

I have epic plans to watch the midnight showings of the new movies and then complain bitterly about how George Lucas/Disney ruined them afterward. I'm very excited.

If you ever have the privilege of watching the "updated" aka ruined versions of the originals with my husband, he will point out every CGI addition with hilarious commentary.

Also we listen to Star Wars books on tape during long car rides. We drove 10 hours today from where we live to my parents' house, and we spent about half the drive listening to Scoundrels.

Tl;dr If you're into Star Wars, marry someone else who is into it.

2 people like this

It would be better if she liked Star Trek: Next Gen.

(Because we ALL know, it's better ;) )

2 people like this

I guess it would have been better if I'd have just said Sci-fi. :)

I don't much get into Star Trek, but I have been considering giving it a shot again. I grew up watching The Next Generation with my mom and I didn't care much for it. Star Trek and Star Wars are so vastly different. So, who knows, maybe now that I really enjoy science fiction, I'd get into it.

1 person likes this

Also, I don't care if a guy likes sci-fi or not. If not, it'll just be something I watch on my own from time to time... or, if he wants to watch just becaue I'm watching that's ok, too. My interests vary in so many way, I am sure we will finding something share. Actually, that makes me think of a really good question for another topic! :)

This might be the most controversial opinion I will ever post on this forum!

Battlestar Galactica > Star Trek: TNG > Star Trek: TOS > Star Wars > Firefly.

1 person likes this

It would be better if she liked Star Trek: Next Gen.

(Because we ALL know, it's better ;) )

I love both. My husband and I watched TNG, then DS9, and now we're on Voyager. Our next sci-fi series will be TOS and then Enterprise.

ALSO we dressed up as Troi and Riker for Halloween and Comic Con. We're going to another Comic Con this year, where we get to meet Michael Dorn and Terry Farrell. SO excited!!!!

2 people like this

A girl who exhibits any kind of geekiness gets massive amounts of bonus points in my book :) I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and I would consider myself lucky if I found a girl who liked it too. In fact, I would go so far as to say anyone in general who doesn't like Star Wars has to have a mental illness. Who wouldn't enjoy space battles and lightsabers and the Force? lol

This might be the most controversial opinion I will ever post on this forum!

Battlestar Galactica > Star Trek: TNG > Star Trek: TOS > Star Wars > Firefly.

Eh not really. The only thing I'd disagree with is that I wouldn't even have Star Trek in my list at all. I personally am not a fan. But I wholeheartedly agree with BSG being first :) As much as I love Star Wars, it doesn't compare to the depth and superior writing of BSG.

So my list would go:

Battlestar Galactica > Star Wars > Firefly

3 people like this

You people are ridiculous!

FIREFLY IS AMAZING! You guys are all putting it down!!!! If it lasted longer, it would have done better. It's AMAZING, a GEM!

But on the more relevant side of things, girl liking sci-fi = h.o.t.

4 people like this

FIREFLY IS AMAZING! You guys are all putting it down!!!! If it lasted longer, it would have done better. It's AMAZING, a GEM!

Have to say. I'm with you on this one. I love this show. Unfortunately I didn't discover it until after Serenity was made. Joss Whedon is awesome.

2 people like this

Who wouldn't enjoy space battles and lightsabers and the Force? lol

I want one of those really fancy lightsabers, but it would only be fun if I had two... of course, then I'd kind of have to learn to fence (which I'd also love to learn).

Sure Libs, why not like a girl who enjoys Science Fiction? I don't know if liking Science Fiction makes her more attractive, but I think it's cute!

Oh! I love Firefly (and Serenity).

My friends all love it too. I just don't get it! And Buffy is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, so I was pretty disappointed.

I don't get the intense love for Dr. Who, either....

Unpopular Opinion prt 2: Torchwood > Dr. Who

1 person likes this

YES!!! THANK YOU!! SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T LOVE DOCTOR WHO!!!

I think this thread alone shows why most of us on here are virgins... ;D

4 people like this

My friends all love it too. I just don't get it! And Buffy is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, so I was pretty disappointed.

My love of firefly is probably related to my love of steampunk. It's the old west, with some victorian era stuff, thrown in with the future and space. Not to mention the far out political aspects of it. However, that's just my view of it. :) I'm not trying to convince you. You're allowed to not like it. lol Oh, I also love both Buffy and the Angel series. They are just so very different stories than Firefly. Just goes to show how one creative mind can have so many ideas.

Also, I don't know if I like either of those shows. I just barely started watching Dr Who (TOS).

As long as her favorite character isn't Jar-Jar Binks... :P

Not my favorite (though I do think he's funny)... my favorite is C3PO.

I think this thread alone shows why most of us on here are virgins... ;D

Maybe. Just like WTM, the outside world just doesn't understand... their clueless as to how awesome some of this stuff really is. :)

2 people like this

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars ....

Vince my man... I didn't know you are a Star Wars fan :D  hi 5 bro :D  we must skype for sure.  When I finished my exams, I watched all 6 Star Wars episodes. (but must say.. some of the remastered aint cool)  Especially when Darth Vader grabbed Palpatine and threw him down the core reactor.  In the original 1980's film Vader never shouted "nooooo"  but in the remastered one they added it.  

And it's cool that you get woman who likes Star Wars :)  thank goodness no Edward the vamp :)

1 person likes this

... Edward the vamp :)

Are we talking Twilight? I'm not ashamed. :) I like the series, haven't read the books, yet, though.

My tastes and interests are vast. I can get into ALMOST anything. I also love when I meet someone and they introduce me to something new.

1 person likes this

Nope, I hate hi-tech or science-fiction movies. Oh and say twilight next to me and I'll buy the first ticket to a place far away from you.

Don't ask my why I cannot like it; hyper science-fiction movies just disguist me, you may like such movies but I don't.

My fav are fantasy (GOOD ones such as the Witcher and Game of Thrones), thriller, mystery, horror, romance or drama but NO movies with robots or hyper-technology.

I don't have any fanaticism for a movie or character.

1 person likes this

I can't get into Dr. Who either, I just get bored.

2 people like this

Eh not really.

In fact, I would go so far as to say anyone in general who doesn't like Star Wars has to have a mental illness.

Hm....  :P

Yay, or Nay?

OK. So, I'll admit that I like it. I don't know every line, and I haven't seen it a billion times, but I do enjoy watching it. Of course, I didn't really get into it until my late 20s. So, I am not as knowledgeable about it as some might be. However, I do prefer watching it in the order it was made... and I do know SOME of the facts about it.

I've heard that it's pretty cool to guys if a girl likes that stuff, but how do you feel about girls who really enjoy watching that movie series, or series like that?

Yay!

The franchise is my favorite, but this new trilogy has me on pins & needles.

Are we talking Twilight? I'm not ashamed. :) I like the series, haven't read the books, yet, though.

My tastes and interests are vast. I can get into ALMOST anything. I also love when I meet someone and they introduce me to something new.

Yeah I was refering to twilight :)  I'll be honest... I pity Anakin.  And another thing.. why couldn't Yoda saw that senator Palpatine is Darth Sidious?  or the sith lord?