PG1

Just for fun...

17 posts in this topic

Curse words. Now, I don't use typical ones. Most of them, at least to me, just sound vulgar. Not to mention they sound weird coming out of me. Or so I have been told. However, I am a firm believer that everyone should have 'blow off steam' words. Words that you can use if you're angry, hurt, or just feel stupid sometimes. You know, anytime the normal person would use a curse word.

So, I thought it'd be fun to see if anyone has anything unusual that they say.

I do.

Fudge Knuckles

Woopsy

Crapsy

Gursh

Crimany

I have many more off the wall ones that I use. I'll probably update this when I think of them. :)

3 people like this

I don't swear either, but I do have my "vent-words". "Shhh" is one I use quite often, in situations where other people would say another four-letter word beginning with S. I also use variants of "oh Gods" or "oh my Gods" quite a lot, which my friends find quite funny. It's not that out there, it's just something you don't hear very often.

My favourite, though, is "oh hammer" or "what the hammer". I got it from Blake's Tyger Tyger Burning Bright - there's a line that goes "What the hammer? what the chain?" and I always found that quite funny, and a good alternative to "what the f---". Plus it makes me sound cultured when I explain it to people :P

3 people like this

I like to use "ah-crap" and "darn-it".

I don't use profane language either and try avoid it at all costs.

1 person likes this

I don't make a habit out of it, but when I'm around my close friends I have been known to use language that would make a sailor blush! Obviously I don't use these words at work, but let me tell you I've certainly learned some interesting phrases from my students. 

When I'm around people who I know would be offended by bad language I just keep my mouth in check, I don't have any alternate words expect for saying things like 'oh no' when I otherwise might have said another, stronger, word.

I also don't cuss so here are some of the many expressions that I use instead. lol 

Son of a monkey, mother, biscuit, other random thing..

Fudge, Fudge balls

Mother of finances (that one is really weird, it just came out one time when my dad nearly hit another car) 

dang it, darn it

oh my goodness

Mother of Pearl

2 people like this

I don't sware at all. Even calling people out of their names hurts me haha but I do say "awe man" a lot.... I'm too proper I guess more of a goody two shoes..... blame my parents

2 people like this

I have no problem with swearing but generally, I try to save them for the most heinous moments in life.
Most substitutes tend to be noises as a product of stifling a curse, but some common ones are:

Sugar!!
Crikey
Gosh darn it to heck
Frickidy frick frick
Mother of a chicken
Oh raass/raatiid
Fukushitu (from Dirtquest on Youtube)
Daaym
Oh shizzle
Oh snap
Bakayaro!
Feck (Irish)
Sheeeez/jeeez
You... toilet seat! (from Kerchiiing... Can't believe I still use that tbh lol)
Crapachu (crap+pikachu)

Toilet seat is mostly replaced with any other random word I can think of :D
I mainly say these to my brother... Especially "Bakayaro, konoyaro!"

I was trying to find a clip of Kerching but it's nowhere on the internet :( it's like it was erased from History.
Taj used to be like "Danny, you... You... toilet seat!"

1 person likes this

You know what's strange? I NEVER swear in Dutch or Turkish. Especially not in Turkish since they really are disguisting and Turkish culture really pays much attention to it as you can completely severe ties with someone for a lifetime just for one curse.

But that's not the reason I don't curse ofc, it's because I don't wanna be seen as a curser and because it's not right.

But... when I speak English? Once or twice a week I can say f*** or sh** said in a way like darn. And never do I say FU or other insults to people.

And I usually do say WTF or WTH for a surprise :P

I swear to much.

But I try to substitute Feck for the other F when I can, as mentioned above it's Irish.

But I really swear to much, decided to do a swear jar last Summer and had quite a lot of money by the end of it!.

I swear like a sailer, my parents couldn't even keep it under control. There are no substitutions.

1 person likes this

I was taught to shun boring, generic swearwords and use my full vocabulary to express the way I was feeling.

2 people like this

I used to swear a lot. But over the past few years, I've made a point to stop completely due to religious conviction and to make myself appear more intelligent than I actually am. Occasionally a swear word will slip out but for the most part, it's not really in my vocabulary anymore.

The words I use to substitute swear words are admittedly aren't much better but it's a start.

Maggot

Insect

Fool

Idiot

Crap

Poop on a stick (don't ask, even I don't know why)

Your mom

Your face

Your mom's face

Your face's mom

Your butt

Your mom's butt

Your dad's butt

Your butt's mom

Your butt's dad

Vegan (If I call you that, you know I REALLY hate you. lol)

1 person likes this

Poop on a stick (don't ask, even I don't know why)

Because you talk to me too often. I also say this. lol 

3 people like this