ArtsyGal

Gamer Guys, Hot or Not??

46 posts in this topic

Hello ladies :D

Do you find men who play video games hot or not?

They can be casual gamers or hardcore.

What do you ladies think, date him or run away??

Totally hot. OK, maybe not HARD CORE, but... just as an example...a few hours (even a few times a week) (or having a 'game night') is cool. I'd either play with (if they had the patience to help me learn), or watch them play. I use to play some of he old stuff when I was a kid. Mario Bros. I played that, and a few others, a lot. As an adult, I only play from time to time. I had a PS2 for a while, we still have it, but I gave it to my mom... right now it's in storage. I still haven't beat Beyond Good and Evil. I know, lame, right? :) I don't care much for the games that are like theft, or seem like real life killing, but some of my favorites are the really cartoony ones, and samurai ones... even Mortal Combat (which I mainly only ever played on an arcade game. I'm not very good at racing games, but they can be fun. My sister says she loves watching me because I get so into it (even though I really have no idea what I'm doing) because I just start taking my frustrations of the world out on the game. Still, I'd totally date a guy that plays. I mean, some of those games take real strategy skills, and what hotter than an intelligence? Admittedly, they are also a ton of fun to watch play. They're so passionate!

3 people like this

The definition of "gamers" has changed over time.  I grew up with Super Nintendo, etc.  Those games are fun pass-times every once in awhile or when friends come over (which I still have and do).  But there are gamers who have an identity online and an online gaming LIFE.  This world of violent fantasy is not for me.  I am more attracted to someone who is too busy working a career, contributing to society, and living life opposed to someone running home to play their games every night... by themselves.  I would not mind it being an occasional pass-time (such as once every couple of weeks).  If a man can pay his own bills and maintain his own place, then I think gaming is a little more tolerable but still not an every night sort of thing.  But, ultimately, I like real life.  If a man can fight bad guys in the games, he better also be able to protect me in real life. 

4 people like this

I play games and was a game artist up until recently and like to design games and apps. I would like someone who could appreciate that, which is sadly a bit of work to find, being a woman who likes and does production for a game (this is actually a thing).

It's a case-by-case basis, but usually I have higher hopes for a guy who's a gamer (declared or not) than a guy who isn't. I wouldn't like my Portal references to go unacknowledged.

Thankfully, that's what I got. It was a triumph. I've made a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction :3

3 people like this

I play games and was a game artist up until recently and like to design games and apps. I would like someone who could appreciate that, which is sadly a bit of work to find, being a woman who likes and does production for a game (this is actually a thing).

It's a case-by-case basis, but usually I have higher hopes for a guy who's a gamer (declared or not) than a guy who isn't. I wouldn't like my Portal references to go unacknowledged.

Thankfully, that's what I got. It was a triumph. I've made a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction :3

Liked you for the Portal reference.

2 people like this

Liked you for the Portal reference.

She did what she must, because she could. 

1 person likes this

If you ever need music/sound/story/dialogue writers, feel free to hit me up :D

H.O.T! Yes Yes Yes! Haha it depends on what they are playing though because I like to play with. If it's like GTA I'm not for it.

1 person likes this

Casual gamers are fine. Every once in a while, I'd play with him too. Especially if it's Mario. lol 

But I would not like a hardcore gamer and it would be a turnoff. I need him to have other hobbies, want to go out on occasion and not slack off because he'd rather be gaming. It would especially be hard if he choose a video game over time with me. :/

3 people like this

My husband enjoys video games, especially when he can play with his brothers, but he doesn't prioritize it above other things. With the recent snow, he's been playing more, just because it's been way too cold for him to do his preferred outdoor activities. His interest in video games doesn't make him more or less attractive to me. I can appreciate that we have some different hobbies, just like we have some shared ones. It never interferes with our marriage, so I'm cool with him playing video games.

1 person likes this

Well for what it's worth, I am also a casual video gamer. However, my biggest loves are board games and miniatures gaming. Because board and miniatures games require you to play an opponent in person, I have made several work related contacts through my gaming.

Also, this year when I met a girl who briefly swept me off my feet, all my video gaming time flew out the window.

I don't know how this will affect everyone else's opinion, but I just wanted to offer my perspective as a casual male gamer.

2 people like this

However, my biggest loves are board games and miniatures gaming.

Board gaming FTW! My husband and I are part of a weekly board gaming group.

1 person likes this

I enjoy board games, some, but I tend to get bored with them rather quickly. So, when my sister and I play (say Monopoly) we play for half an hour to an hour, or until one of us gets bored. Then we mark all the spaces, take notes, and maybe a picture. Then we will play the same game every day, or every other day, for a while... until the game is over. It's not that I don't like them. It just the right timing, and the right person, for me to really get into it. I'm hoping that my nephews will enjoy games, because I'd like to try and get into them more and have family game night once a week as they grow up. I just think that would be fun.

If Monopoly is your board game standard, you're playing the wrong games.

Check out Risk, Power Grid, Lords of Waterdeep, Settlers of Catan, Kingdom Builder, Agricola, Union Pacific... just off the top of my head.

2 people like this

I like Monopoly. That was just an example of one we have. I don't think it's the wrong standard, I just can't sit and play the same game for long periods of time. I get bored if I don't jump around doing different things. No matter what I am doing. I also don't like card games. I'm open to trying almost any kind of board game at least once, though.

I like Monopoly. That was just an example of one we have. I don't think it's the wrong standard, I just can't sit and play the same game for long periods of time. I get bored if I don't jump around doing different things. No matter what I am doing. I also don't like card games. I'm open to trying almost any kind of board game at least once, though.

Whoa you can't sit and play the same game for a while but you like Monopoly? 

1 person likes this

Whoa you can't sit and play the same game for a while but you like Monopoly? 

Ha, seriously. With the exception of Risk, the games I listed take 1-2 hours each to play. Monopoly is like 4+ hours.

I didn't say I wasn't going to try those games. In fact, if they are only 1 hour or so games, I should be able to play them in one sitting. I'll check them out, if they sound interesting to me, I'd give them a shot. What I said is that I like Monopoly I just can't sit through a whole game in one sitting. I don't know why that's such a problem, but oh well. lol Like I said. I know I'm weird, but that's ok... the right guy will understand and work with me with this stuff. :)

Monopoly is fun because you can rob your friends and watch the happiness drain from them as their cash fills your wallet... :D

3 people like this

Monopoly actually goes faster if you play by the official rules...which pretty much no one ever does.  :lol:  I only play board games when the power goes out and I can't play my video games! It's probably for the best, because something about board games/card games brings out my insanely competitive side....

1 person likes this

video games are just another way to chill out. some people read, some people swim, some people play video games. and i love video games XD i remember when i was younger i used to watch my older brother play video games. I found we bonded a lot and ever since then i love video games ^^ so sure! id have to say that if a guy hated playing video games, id feel sad ;-;

7 people like this