Queen

1st date

20 posts in this topic

Not me!

I feel kissing to be a very very intimate and special thing. I can only imagine kissing someone I'm in a deep committed relationship with.

3 people like this

Not the first date but, after that, I'd just see when I felt comfortable with it. For me, kissing is something that I think is an acceptable physical intimacy. Of course, there are different levels of kissing, too... and different situations for kissing. Now, THOSE are things I consider.

2 people like this

Hm... Depends on the relationship prior to that date.

If we knew each other, already expressed interest in each other, and the date just makes things official, I might.

If we just met on this date, then I don't think so.

5 people like this

Me personally? No and not the second either. I'd ideally wait until we've set boundaries.

5 people like this

Um, personally it takes me a while to get used to friends and family's various smells and germs and personal space. So for me, no. Though it would probably be a little bit sooner if it's someone I really really like  :P but for a normal waiter who's not from outer space or something, I'd guess it's about 50/50, though this is a complete stab in the dark really.

3 people like this

I have kissed on the first date in the past, if there has been an immediate connection/good chemistry.  More often than not though, the date just ends with a hug or a kiss on the cheek.

1 person likes this

It completely depends on the relationship with the person before that date. For example, if he's like your best friend and the two of you decide you have feelings and go on a date, it could be perfect and wonderful to have that kiss at the end of that date. But if you just met someone, a first date kiss might be a bit more rare and uncomfortable.

4 people like this

I kissed my husband on our second date. The circumstances weren't really right to kiss him on the first date, but I totally would have.

2 people like this

Me personally? No and not the second either. I'd ideally wait until we've set boundaries.

I like how you put that, Jasmine. I'd say that's me too.

Because depending on the relationship before the 1st date... it could be many different situations.

And who says love can't happen fast? I really resonated with Belle Femme...

I kissed my husband on our second date. The circumstances weren't really right to kiss him on the first date, but I totally would have.

and I agree that boundaries are a must for the freedom & safety to express and be intimate... !

2 people like this

No, I have to feel emotionally connected to someone for me to enjoy any sort of physical intimacy so even if it did happen, I probably wouldn't enjoy it which is why I usually take longer before diving in into the physical stuff.

3 people like this

I wouldn't kiss a guy on the first date unless we were good friends before the date. But even if we were good friends before I wouldn't kiss him unless he made the first move and  I felt comfortable with kissing him, cause I don't think I would be brave enough to make the first move.

But if I was on a first date with a guy I didn't know very well (I wouldn't go out with someone I didn't know very well), he better keep his nasty lips to himself or I'll punch his lights out.  :P

1 person likes this

I wouldn't. I want to preserve as much intimacy as possible for my wife. I understand you have to give some part of yourself emotionally to someone you are pursuing in courtship but, you don't have to share physical intimacy that should be reserved for marriage.

I'm not a fan of kissing on the first date.  I'd rather build some trust first. 

2 people like this