PG1

Anyone have any favorite lines from movies or tv?

38 posts in this topic

"Wax on, Wax off" - Mr. Miyagi from "The Karate Kid" (1984) 

The ONLY really GREAT one... in my humble opinion. :) The others varied from good to sucky. lol

1 person likes this

Anything with Dr. Ian Malcolm (jeff goldblum) in Jurassic Park

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

John Hammond: All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: But again, how do you know they're all female? Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?

Henry Wu: We control their chromosomes. It's really not that difficult. All vertebrate embryos are inherently female anyway, they just require an extra hormone given at the right developmental stage to make them male. We simply deny them that.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: John, the kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

John Hammond: [sardonically] There it is.

Henry Wu: You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will... breed?

Dr. Ian Malcolm: No, I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way.

2 people like this

'Funny, but wrong.' ~Steve Martin, Cheaper by the Dozen

'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock' ~ Big Bang Theory

1 person likes this

"I think it's better to break a man's leg then his heart." -- George Woolf in "Seabiscuit."

"You know, you don't throw a whole life away just 'cause he's banged up a little." -- Tom Smith in "Seabiscuit."

2 people like this

Patch adams qoutes

I wanted to become a doctor so I could serve others. And because of that, I've lost everything. But I've also gained everything.

You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you'll win, no matter what the outcome.

-Hi. Patch Adams.

-Mitch Roman. Georgetown University. I was awarded the William F. Thompson Scientific Achievement Award.

- Mmm. Emerson Elementary. I once drew a picture of a rabbit that got me two gold stars.

1. & 2. Motorcycle Diaries

3. Man of steel

4. The lunchbox

5. I origin

6. Lost in translation

7. Casablanca

"Listen to me, Theo. Before you can change the world you must realize that you, yourself, are part of it. You can't stand outside looking in." - The dreamers

I'm certain I'll come back with another post in here... ah, movie lines...

post-44137-0-88570900-1422642424_thumb.j

post-44137-0-97275900-1422643811_thumb.j

post-44137-0-16372800-1422643880_thumb.j

post-44137-0-20340900-1422643994_thumb.j

post-44137-0-79510800-1422644034_thumb.j

post-44137-0-70319400-1422644749_thumb.j

post-44137-0-97272700-1422645232_thumb.j

1 person likes this

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner" Dirty Dancing

Hercules: "Aren't you... a damsel in distress?" Meg:" I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this. Have a nice day." Hercules (1997)

Edited by kelli1993
2 people like this

How am I just now finding this thread? I am a huge movie buff and actually play a game every morning called "Guess that movie" where I quote a line(s) from a movie and if they guess it correctly I buy them breakfast. :)

So here a few of my favorites off the top of my head.

"I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame." - Atonement

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly without complexities or pride. I love you because I know no other way than this. So close that your hand, on my chest, is my hand. So close, that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep." - Patch Adams

"I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One." - City Of Angels

"Loving someone, and being loved means so much to me. We always make fun of it and stuff. But isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?" - Before Sunrise

"My first love was everything all at once. The kind that you never fall back from. Never try to. Never want to. My love's so big. So Strong. It never dies. Never fades. Never loses its electricity. The kind of love you fight for. The kind of boy you fight for." - Endless Love

Sorry that they're all love quotes. It's the only thing that came to mind. :)

Romantically, off the top of my head, I really like the line from Notting Hill "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her".

Comedy, I love Joey's line from Friends "How you doin"

One of my favorites is "Wrong answer!" from Chameleon. One of the evil bosses would yell this if he asked a question and he didn't like the answer he received. My younger brother and I were giggling at it like crazy when we were younger. MUCH younger. 

Almost anything from the Beverly Hills Cop series:

Axel: Boss, I cancelled the SWAT team.
Todd: You what? I wouldn't raid a church bingo game without SWAT.

[Foley hands the keys to his beat-up car to a valet]
Axel Foley: Can you put this in a good spot? 'Cause all of this --- happened the last time I parked here.

In the Fifth Element Zorg saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself", right before the spaceship blows up with him in it.