PG1

Anyone have any favorite lines from movies or tv?

38 posts in this topic

I enjoy quotes. So, this is just meant as a fun little thread. Do you have a favorite line, or scene, of a movie or tv? Is there a reason you like it?

"I'm going to need a hacksaw." -Jack Bauer (24, Season 2)

That's a good one. Just because it could apply to SO MANY situations. :) I never got past season 1.

That's a good one. Just because it could apply to SO MANY situations. :) I never got past season 1.

I know. I always apply that to my day job as a professional hit man whenever someone needs to disappear. :P You really should get into the later seasons. Most of the series is great except for seasons 6 and 7.

3 people like this

I know. I always apply that to my day job as a professional hit man whenever someone needs to disappear. :P You really should get into the later seasons. Most of the series is great except for seasons 6 and 7.

Maybe I will. I've got a lot of shows to catch up on. I stream almost everything, or dvd. Maybe that'll go on the future list. :)

"She has four fatal diseases."

"And it only takes one."

~Meet Me in St.Louis

Whenever someone calls in sick these two lines always pop into my head. The first line is a little girl talking about her doll, btw.

This is totally cheating because it's from a book, but it was quoted basically word-for-word in the movie adaption, so I say it counts!

“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.â€

-The Fault in Our Stars

3 people like this

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine" - Casablanca

6 people like this

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam (The Two Towers)

9 people like this

I've never actually seen this movie, but this scene is always what comes to mind when I hear or read something really, really stupid....

5 people like this

Oy with the poodles already! ~Gilmore Girls

1 person likes this

"Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana, Scarface

5 people like this

Bazinga! (If you don't know where this comes from, I feel very sorry for you. You are missing out! lol)

2 people like this

'Don't Panic' ~Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

1 person likes this

No idea if this made it into the movie adaption or not, and I haven't even read the original comic, buuuut I saw this in a Reddit thread full of chill-worthy quotes and felt it was too awesome not to share:

The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion.

There is nothing else.

Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs.

It's us.

Only us.

(Rorschach in Watchmen)

3 people like this

"What! What do you want?!" "Lord Dark Helmet you are needed on the bridge." "Fine, did you see anything?" "No, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again sir!"

2 people like this

Dharma: Okay. I promise to always let you be you, and me be me.
Greg: Thank you.
Dharma: As long as every now and then we get to get naked and switch.

1 person likes this

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both."
-Forrest Gump

6 people like this