Invincible

"Meet the Mods" Submit Your Questions (open for a week)

24 posts in this topic

Our lovely resident feminist, Belle Femme has requested a more comprehensive look at the lives of those who administrate this fine community of sex delayers.

Here's how it works: From now until next Tuesday October 21st, this thread will be open to all to leave questions you'd like for the admins to answer once the thread is closed next week.

Please keep the questions PG. None of us are obligated to answer anything we deem to personal. However, if you have a question for me specifically, I will accept R-rated questions since I'm such a freak. :P

6 people like this

Woohoo, I'll start!!!!!

Let's go all circa 2000 chat room first.

A/S/L (Age/Sex/Location, for any of y'all too young to have been on the Internetz in 2000). Location can be as specific as a city or as broad as a country.

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it?

What is your day job? (I freelance for a web design company, doing social media, copywriting, and project management).

What is your realistic dream job? (Be a freelance writer and copywriter).

What is your fantasy dream job? (Be a world-famous author whose books are turned into a TV show).

What's your college major and/or what's your degree in?

If you could only watch 5 movies for the rest of your life, which movies would you pick?

3 people like this

Woohoo, I'll start!!!!!

Let's go all circa 2000 chat room first.

A/S/L (Age/Sex/Location, for any of y'all too young to have been on the Internetz in 2000). Location can be as specific as a city or as broad as a country.

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it?

What is your day job? (I freelance for a web design company, doing social media, copywriting, and project management).

What is your realistic dream job? (Be a freelance writer and copywriter).

What is your fantasy dream job? (Be a world-famous author whose books are turned into a TV show).

If you could only watch 5 movies for the rest of your life, which movies would you pick?

A/S/L (Age/Sex/Location) 24, Female, United States

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it? Yes, Catholicism. I still practice Christianity, but I do not follow all facets of Catholicism. (i.e. Feast Days of Saints, praying to Mary or Saints, etc.)

(

What is your day job? I'm a teacher's assistant

What is your realistic dream job? Teach my own classroom of 5th or 6th graders

What is your fantasy dream job? To only teach social studies and language arts

What's your college major and/or what's your degree in? Middle Childhood Education, Social Studies and Science

1. Little Women

2. Pride & Prejudice

3. The Day After Tomorrow

4. The Giver

5. Safe Haven

4 people like this

I think we're just asking questions now, so everyone has a chance to chime in with their questions, and then a new thread with the answers will be posted. I love Sally's enthusiasm, though. :D

Also, I think mods can ask each other questions too!

2 people like this

Oh, okay, that makes sense! I kind of want to come up with my five movies now, though...I reckon the Hunchback of Notre Dame will be in there somewhere. Perhaps I'll include a Phantom of the Opera, but I'm not sure which version (and I prefer the book, anyway).

Anyway, I'll work it out later. I guess I'll add:

Your five favourite books

Hobbies, etc.

What you consider your greatest achievement in life so far

What motivates/motivated you to WTM

Okay, those are the ones I can think of. I guess we'll answer all or most of them, or if there's loads, pick a selection we'd like to answer. But I guess we can make the posts long-ish if we want, since presumably, you're reading the thread because you're interested.

Anyway, get those questions in! I'm getting excited! It's like I'm a weird celebrity, or whatever...

xxx

1 person likes this

:) I think this was a pretty cool idea. I've often wondered about the mods, as well. It seems like the personal question are pretty well covered... So, in the intereste of a little fun...

What is your favorite word? Why?

What is your least favorite word? Why?

In case of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' (lets just play that it could happen), what 4 actors would you choose to be a part of your group to help you survive (recent or actors from the past, it's imaginary... anything goes)? Is there a reason, or are you just crushing on them? :)

And, for a question that's a little more personal, but not too personal...

Do you come from a big family (say 3-8, or whatever, siblings... lots of aunts/uncles, etc) or a small family? Did/do you enjoy it?

2 people like this

*Ahem* So uh, what happened to this thread? lol

I reckon I'll go ahead and answer the questions that were asked so far.

A/S/L 22, Male, Southeast USA

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it? Yes, Christian. Independent Baptist, specifically. I no longer practice, per se, as I haven't believed in god in 3 years (I doubted for a year before I lost all belief). But, I still attend church at least once a week with my family, as I am closeted to everyone but my parents and the people on this forum. I feel guilty about it, but I'm just not prepared to tell the rest of my family and people at my church.

What is your day job? I'm still looking for a full-time job in my field, but for now I have a part-time job driving foster kids to and from visits with family across the state.

What is your realistic dream job? A job in engineering that involves awesome technology and isn't soul-crushing.

What is your fantasy dream job? Space ninja. Alternatively, space viking

What's your college major and/or what's your degree in? Mechanical engineering

If you could only watch 5 movies for the rest of your life, which movies would you pick? I, Robot; LOTR: The Two Towers; The Transfomers, The Movie (1986); Serenity; The Pianist

Your five favourite books I'm gonna have to put whole series on here, so sorry about that... A Song of Ice and Fire; various Hank the Cowdog books (from my younger days; they were hilarious); The Rover by Mel Odom; Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead; The Chronicles of Narnia (It's been a long time, but I'd say either Voyage or Silver Chair were my favorites.

Hobbies, etc. Video games (my favorite genres being shooters and medieval fantasy rpg); playing piano; reading; lifting weights (haven't in a while but want to get back into it), reading up on scientific and technological breakthroughs and future possibilities

What you consider your greatest achievement in life so far That's not a very long list, but I suppose it would have to be getting my engineering degree with a 3.7 gpa.

What motivates/motivated you to WTM I think it would be my desire to have the deepest possible connection with my future wife, and I feel personally that having past sexual relationships with other women would detract from that. I could be wrong, but it seems worth the sacrifice to me. I probably doubt marriage and starting a family more than I doubt waiting itself, but I always come back to a desire for both of those things. On a side note, I didn't really put any thought into waiting until my sophomore year of college. I'd had one relationship in the past, at the same time my religious beliefs were dying, and i was looking at the prospect of beginning a new relationship. I realized that since I no longer had a religious restriction on sex I had to decide my own boundaries, and here I am. There are other reasons, and I certainly have my doubts at times, but this is already long enough!

What is your favorite word? Why? It changes, but I'd say right now it's lozenge. It's just funny. I mean, say it. Lozenge...Lozenge...

What is your least favorite word? Why? It's actually two words put together: "Just Sayin'" I hate when people say this after making a point. And if you do this, don't take it personally. My mother says it a LOT and I'm very fond of my mother.

In case of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' (lets just play that it could happen), what 4 actors would you choose to be a part of your group to help you survive (recent or actors from the past, it's imaginary... anything goes)? Is there a reason, or are you just crushing on them? Will Smith, because he's a bad-ass, he's likable, and he's not afraid to take the fall for others, most likely in a dramatic and emotionally gripping manner; Dwayne Johnson, because we'll probably need muscle from time to time; one of the guys from Duck Dynasty (hey, they count as actors, right), simply because we'll need a hunter to provide enough meat to sustain The Rock's muscles. And lastly, Jessica Alba, because hey, I need a reason to live.

5 people like this

Dude, I forgot about this. Thanks Matt. :) 

Ok, here goes. 

A/S/L 25 (26 in 6 days), Female, Missouri USA

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it? Yes. They raised me as a Christian. Restoration to be exact. I am still Christian and Restoration but I am exploring my faith, looking for answers and for truth. That's a lifelong process. 

What is your day job? I'm also looking for a full time job. For now, I am working as a substitute teacher mostly for preschool and elementary schools.

What is your realistic dream job? A job in social work. Where I can work with needy populations, foster care/adoption, domestic violence victims and survivors, etc.

What is your fantasy dream job? Professional awesomeness creator, just getting paid to be me and to grow and learn as much as I can while having fun and being goofy as I wish. lol

What's your college major and/or what's your degree in? Social Work, graduated in August 2013

If you could only watch 5 movies for the rest of your life, which movies would you pick? Anne of Green Gables, Back to the Future 1 and 2, Forrest Gump and Silver Linings Playbook

Your five favourite books Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Night Song by Tricia Goyer and Finding Alice by Melody Carlson

Hobbies, etc. Reading, Learning/Studying, Singing (not well), Dancing (in an empty room mostly), being in nature, photography, drawing

What you consider your greatest achievement in life so far Getting my Bachelor's in Social Work

What motivates/motivated you to WTM Initially, it was just how I was raised, then religion, then I really thought about it and it made sense in so many ways. I am a very emotional person. It would cause me so much grief if I slept with someone and it didn't end right and it rids out the jerks, and a whole list of other reasons regarding physical and mental health, etc. 

What is your favorite word? Why? Cryptic. I just like it, okay?!? 

What is your least favorite word? Why? The F word. No one needs to hear about your furnace!

Nah, I think people know which one I mean. I just hate how crude it is. There are others which I hate just as much but I could only pick one. 

In case of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' (lets just play that it could happen), what 4 actors would you choose to be a part of your group to help you survive (recent or actors from the past, it's imaginary... anything goes)? Is there a reason, or are you just crushing on them?    Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reddus because... the Walking Dead... they've had practice, even if it is fake. Also they are nice to look at. Jared Padalecki because I'll need to repopulate (after our zombie attended wedding that is ;) ) And I need a female friend so Jennifer Lawrence, she's funny and she seems like she could handle herself at least as much as I can. (which isn't saying much) lol  

7 people like this

A/S/L

30/F/Missouri, USA

I was raised Christian, but I reevaluated the religion I was raised with, decided to wipe the slate clean, and became a Christian again as an adult but based on what that means to me. 

What is your day job?

I am a full time college student majoring in Dietetics and minoring in Psychology.  I will be a nutritionist when I graduate. 

My new page: Facebook.com/1NutritionMadeSimple

What is your realistic dream job?

Nothing specific, but it includes working with people and improving the lives of people.

What is your fantasy dream job?

A public speaker that inspires people to live to higher standards (like Martin Luther King and Malala).

The book of Proverbs

Tyler Perry’s Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life

Nanny911 (the book)

My Science, Sociology, and Psychology Textbooks

Hobbies, etc.

I sew.  More specifically I re-create old clothes into new clothes!

Bible studies

Rollerblade

Facebook (a bad habit! Lol)

Stepping out of the mold I was raised in and society put me in.  It’s so free and wonderful out here. Getting to college and pursuing my career dream (of being a Nutritionist) despite all the obstacles.

I came up with the epiphany one day that WTM protects you, empowers you, sets important boundaries, and is only to your benefit.  Also, it is an easy way to weed out men who just “want you for your body”.   If you are in a relationship and you don’t WTM, it might leave you always wondering why exactly they are with you.

â€œNo”.  Unfortunately, I grew up afraid of the word (I still can’t get my mom to say it).  As an adult, I learned that “no” is not a bad word!  “No” doesn’t actually hurt anyone.  You can even say it nicely such as “no thank you”.  “No” sets important boundaries.  “No” keeps you safe.  It’s okay to say “no”.  A child is sometimes raised to not say “no” to elders, etc.  But sometimes, people are there to hurt you.  Even a child can say “no” “that is not okay”. The word “no” comes in handy with WTM.  Waiters sometimes have to say “no” a whole lot.  It’s hard to say “no” to some people, especially when they get angry.  But “no” holds the boundary of self-respect, and a person is entitled to their “no”.

“Stupid” is my least favorite word.  It is an unnecessary word.  It is often used to hurt someone’s feelings.  There is no positive use of the word.

In case of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' (lets just play that it could happen), what 4 actors would you choose to be a part of your group to help you survive (recent or actors from the past, it's imaginary... anything goes)?

Vin Diesel (he is strong and courageous), Mayim Bialik (because she is a neuroscientist and surely can think her way through anything), Madea (because she would provide humor and kick ass and guns), Taylor Swift (she is busy being awesome but will stop to stand up for herself when needed).

5 people like this

Oh and we missed these questions.

Do you come from a big family (say 3-8, or whatever, siblings... lots of aunts/uncles, etc) or a small family? Did/do you enjoy it?

I have two older sisters and my mom and dad who have been married for 34 years. So that's 5 of us. It's not a large family compared to my friends' but we are pretty close. I have a fair amount of extended family members but not very many actively have a relationship with us. I wish we were closer as an extended family. Holidays are hard because of that. My immediate family seem to be too close sometimes though. Lol It's difficult to get some space.

1 person likes this

Oh crap! I'm so sorry I totally forgot about this and I was the one who started it. I am the worst person in the world. Charles Manson would be ahead of me in line to become a saint. lol

Anyways here are my answers:

Age/Sex/Location

29/Yes please. Oh you mean my reproductive parts? I mean Male/Portland, OR

They raised me as a Christian. It was your typical "believe because we say so" kind of deals. Eventually remained true to the Christian faith but I now know why I believe.

What is your day job?

Customer Service Rep, though sometimes it feels like I'm a therapist for old people.

I'm studying to be a web developer

A loving father and husband :) As a REALLY fantasy job, I'd be a Jedi Knight.

Political Science

Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

V for Vendetta

Romeo Must Die

The Boondock Saints

The Bible

Harry Potter.....and that's it. lol. I don't really read much.

Hobbies, etc.

video games, shooting guns, making fun of Jegs for being Catholic, bowling, technology, eating delicious food.

Developing good character

I'm a loser. What choice do I have? jk :P Aside from faith, I only want to share that kind of intimacy with one woman for the rest of my life.

Face. I am known to use a lot of "your face" jokes a lot.

Yolo. It is perhaps the most unintelligent word in the English language. It is commonly used word by unintelligent people to justify doing unintelligently mundane or unintelligently dangerous things.

In case of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' (lets just play that it could happen), what 4 actors would you choose to be a part of your group to help you survive (recent or actors from the past, it's imaginary... anything goes)? Is there a reason, or are you just crushing on them?  :)

Chuck Norris. He doesn't require an explanation and he's all I would need.

And, for a question that's a little more personal, but not too personal...

Not my immediate family. It's just my parents and my sister. But I have a huge extended family on my mom's side. She is the youngest of 7 children and I have over 20 cousins on the side.

7 people like this

Y'all are awesome! Thanks for letting us know a little bit more about your backgrounds and interests. :D

Age/Sex/Location

29/Yes please. Oh you mean my reproductive parts? I mean Male/Portland, OR

You are so predictable. :P

4 people like this

Walker! Now there is a show I need to watch from the beginning. :)

In the eyes of a ranger, the unsuspected stranger, had better know the truth of wrong from right...

I could go on, but I won't. :)

2 people like this

My turn, I guess, if folks are still interested in all this...

A/S/L
20 (and a half)/Female/Scotland

I'm a cradle Catholic, and proudly so! For anyone who doesn't know, I'm the "Resident Catholic" here.

What is your day job?
I'm an English Literature student, currently in Junior Honours year.

Be a writer: YA novels, Catholic apologetics books, the odd screenplay here and there, etc. (That's kind of realistic, right?)

As above, with movie deals and whatnot. 

English Literature (MA), and I'm hoping to do a postgraduate in Creative Writing when I'm done with this course.

The Miracle Maker
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney)
Pan's Labyrinth
Some Like It Hot
Splash

The Phantom of the Opera
Mere Christianity
Holes
Till We Have Faces
Life of Pi

Hobbies, etc.
Reading, writing, singing, acting, the occasional cross-stitch, loom bands...

I finished a novel-length Phantom of the Opera fan-fiction piece (100,000 words). 

Partly my religious beliefs, but mostly because I want to save myself for my husband. I think WTM is beautiful.

Transubstantiation (Because it's Catholic and awesome)

The C-word (No explanation required)

In case of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' (lets just play that it could happen), what 4 actors would you choose to be a part of your group to help you survive (recent or actors from the past, it's imaginary... anything goes)? Is there a reason, or are you just crushing on them? :)
Doug Jones, because he's awesome, and has experience in zombie movies (and could probably pass for a zombie with very little trouble), and three dudes from some ninja movies.

I'm an only child (with two siblings who are with Jesus), so my immediate family's pretty small, but I have quite a large extended family. I have a grandmother, three uncles, three aunts, five first cousins, six first cousins once removed, two first cousins twice removed, a great-aunt and great-uncle...yeah, I think that's everyone. Not to mention spouses, and a couple of first cousins once removed from my uncle (by marriage)'s first marriage...Plus, my godmother and her daughter, who are kind of like family. Plus a bunch of relatives on my mum's side who I see at funerals and weddings but at no other time, but I think every family has those.

xxx
5 people like this

Chuck Norris. He doesn't require an explanation and he's all I would need.

Chuck Norris is awesome! Roundhouse kick for the win! 

Walker! Now there is a show I need to watch from the beginning. :)

In the eyes of a ranger, the unsuspected stranger, had better know the truth of wrong from right...

I could go on, but I won't. :)

I like Walker too :)

Aww.. you won't go on. Well, I'll continue, here's the theme song.

1 person likes this

What is your most awesome talent?

Do you have an unusual/unique party trick or ability? :P (Like being able to lick your elbow or do the wave with your eyebrows)

1 person likes this

I'm the third of four biological brothers, and I have a slightly older foster brother (practically adopted) and one adopted younger brother. I enjoyed it for the most part. We were very close-knit during the early years and I have a lot of good memories from those days. As far as extended family goes, we were pretty much isolated from them, except for occasional visits from grandparents and a couple of my uncles.

I guess I'd say piano. I picked it up really fast when I started learning about 5 1/2 years ago. Unfortunately I didn't match my talent with dedication and training so I'm a pretty mediocre player compared to what I want to be.

Do you have an unusual/unique party trick or ability?  :P (Like being able to lick your elbow or do the wave with your eyebrows) 

I can wiggle my uvula back and forth, making a clicking sound against my tonsils. It's sexy.

I don't really feel like I have a talent. I know a lot of useless facts so I'm pretty good at trivia. lol Also, being sarcastic. 

Oh, and waiting. I'm pretty good at that. 

Do you have an unusual/unique party trick or ability?   :P (Like being able to lick your elbow or do the wave with your eyebrows) 

No. Not really. I can roll my tongue. But so can a lot of people. lol 

I guess it's my turn now.

A/S/L
29/M/California, USA

I was raised Catholic and I still follow and practice it. Although, when I was in college, I thought I wanted to become a Buddhist.

What is your day job?
I tutor high school students in mathematics.

Occupational therapist. I want to help people engage in activities that are meaningful to them (like being able to play a musical instrument).

Aside from copying Vince’s answer (loving father and husband), I wouldn’t mind being a college professor in Religious Studies specializing in East Asian religions. I want to write the books lol.

Philosophy

Sound of Music
Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney). The “Hellfire” song is oh so cool!
Rocky 4
Spirited Away (Miyazaki)
Schindler's List

Your five favorite books?
Harry Potter
Life Is Worth Living
The Screwtape Letters
The Great Train Robbery
A Walk to Remember

Hobbies?
Music (I play acoustic guitar in my choir)
Chess
Reading
Cooking

What you consider your greatest achievement in life so far?
Hmmm… that’s a hard one. I would probably say receiving my second degree black belt in martial arts after 10+ years of study.

Well, partly my religious beliefs, but I also want to save myself for my future wife. I want to share that special intimacy with just one person.

Chihuahua. I like how it rolls off the tongue (chi-hua-hua)

F-word. It’s just not so appealing to me.

Chuck Norris because he is awesome, and…..my mind is blank right now. Can we choose animal actors? Like Toto from the Wizard of Oz, the Arabian horse (Cass Ole) from The Black Stallion, or Tai the Asian elephant from Operation Dumbo Drop. On second thought, Toto might get eaten pretty quickly. Oh dear, :(.

I’m the youngest of four children (two boys/two girls) with a mom and dad and have an identical twin brother. Do I like being a twin? For the most part, yes I do like it. On the other hand, when I was growing up, we shared everything: clothes, toys, and a bedroom at one point. I was happy when I finally had my room.

As far as extended family goes, I also have a large family on my mother’s side. She is the third of 11 children, so there are a lot of cousins there.

3 people like this

i don't know... Toto, being a dog, might be able to sense things out, and sniff around, to warn you... Never underestimate the keen power of the small and scrappy! ;) Lol

2 people like this

What is your day job? I'm still looking for a full-time job in my field, but for now I have a part-time job driving foster kids to and from visits with family across the state.

What is your realistic dream job? A job in engineering that involves awesome technology and isn't soul-crushing.

Lol guess who got a soul-crushing engineering job :D 

It's actually not too bad. My coworkers are pretty cool, the atmosphere is fairly casual and low-pressure, and I finally feel like I can start moving forward with my life.

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it? Yes, Christian. Independent Baptist, specifically. I no longer practice, per se, as I haven't believed in god in 3 years (I doubted for a year before I lost all belief). But, I still attend church at least once a week with my family, as I am closeted to everyone but my parents and the people on this forum. I feel guilty about it, but I'm just not prepared to tell the rest of my family and people at my church.

Oh, and to update this, I haven't been to church in months. I love having my Sundays to myself.

A/S/L  19, Female, Czech Republic

Did your parents raise you with a specific religion? If so, which one, and do you still practice it?  No they raised me as an Atheist but I'm interested in religions

What is your day job?  Im a student

What is your realistic dream job?  a job where i can travel

1. Suicide Squad

2. Pride & Prejudice

3. Deadpool

4. Marley and me

5. The Hobbit