LiveToRide

Deleted

17 posts in this topic

I would have no problem doing that. My Dad wouldn't be concerned at all, and would actually find it strange if my boyfriend and I didn't share a bed (my family don't know that I am waiting).

I personally wouldn't even be alone with my gf in a bedroom, let alone share a bed together before marriage. It's because I know myself and what my weaknesses are. I do not want to wish to allow room for such strong temptation for me.

3 people like this

Not Happening. I find it out of line and disrespectful. Yes my parents trust me and I myself and even the gentleman that'd be courting me but I'd rather be alone in the family den.

3 people like this

Nope, why throw myself into the path of unnecessary temptation?  Plus like Jas said it's disrespectful to the both her and the parents; maybe I'm old fashioned but I can't for the life of me picture a father being okay with a dude sharing his daughter's bed in his house.

4 people like this

No I wouldn't. One of their rules and I respect them enough to keep them. My brother has had lady friends stay over my parents' house and he slept on the couch.

If my dad knew a guy loved me, I don't think he would really mind. Especially since I have night terrors and someone to comfort me would help.

This. One of the times my boyfriend slept over was when my mother was unexpectedly hospitalized. She wasn't in any life-threatening danger, but I was still in shock and really needed someone to comfort me. Another time was when my mom was out of town for about a week, and I was really uncomfortable with being entirely alone in my house for such a long period of time, due to some past traumas as well as the sleep paralysis/hypnagogic hallucinations I mentioned I suffer from in the other thread.

The other times have pretty much been cases of us accidentally falling asleep next to each other and just not waking up till morning.

2 people like this

My mom would let me, but given the space in my mom house, I would opt for a hotal room with him or just stay at my house. Sleeping next to someone doesnt bring extra temptation unless you put it there. Keep your hands to yourself and go to sleep.... not that hard to achieve. If you go to kissing and touching and groping and then yeah its tempting, but you can do that in a loveseat plus with better angle, so it shouldnt matter if your in a bed or not.

3 people like this

Sleeping next to someone doesnt bring extra temptation unless you put it there. Keep your hands to yourself and go to sleep.... not that hard to achieve. If you go to kissing and touching and groping and then yeah its tempting, but you can do that in a loveseat plus with better angle, so it shouldnt matter if your in a bed or not.

I think I'm being reasonable here when I say that most guy's will have arousing thoughts while laying in a bed next to a girl. They may be able to resist the desire to touch the girl laying next to them, but the point is that by laying next to her, those thoughts will emerge and since he is laying next to her, it's exceedingly opportunistic to do so.

I can't speak for girl's, but I imagine a good portion of girl's would also experience heightened temptation while laying next to a guy.

The argument that "Well, you could be tempted anywhere" doesn't seem persuasive to me, because when you are laying next to someone in a bed, there is a great deal more opportunity there than in other places.

3 people like this

I've slept in the same bed as my girlfriend before, no added temptation at all. It's not hard to not remove your clothes.

4 people like this

I've slept in the same bed as my girlfriend before, no added temptation at all. It's not hard to not remove your clothes.

Since you've openly shared this on this forum, I don't think I'm in the wrong to say that... don't you have a very low sex drive? If so, then your experience doesn't reflect most guy's.

I just feel that the notion that it's not that hard to not do things while sleeping in the same bed with someone may make some people feel emotionally good, but it doesn't reflect reality. It seems awfully naive and out of touch with reality to me.

I don't have my own room so not going to happen. Plus I think I would not be comfortable sharing a bed with a boyfriend in my mother's home.

Different strokes for different folks I guess ( is that how it's said? Lol)

1 person likes this

In my parent's house, no.  

But considering that I live only a couple of miles away from my parents, having to stay overnight there is not something that would happen.  

Even though I live alone, I would not have him stay overnight with me here.