Queen

Flowers

16 posts in this topic

GUYS:

What if your girlfriend got YOU flowers just because she wanted to?  What would you do?  How would you feel about that?

2 people like this

This isn't answering your question, and I'm not a dude, but...

I often buy myself flowers. Yes, my husband surprises me with flowers sometimes, but I LOVE having fresh flowers in the house too much to only wait for him. Plus when they're marked down at Kroger to Manager's Special, they're a great deal, and they still usually last at least a week.

I do sometimes pick out yellow flowers instead of pink ones because yellow is my husband's favorite color. But I'm not buying them for him; I'm buying them for us.

3 people like this

I am man enough to admit that I would appreciate flowers. Especially these  :P

20120507-082719.jpg

Seriously though, I am partial to the look of dahlias:

dahlia-flowers-arrangements-x.jpg

and white roses:

rose_9.jpg

9 people like this

I would be touched/stirred, since only my mum and brother have ever given me a gift so personal before. Most of my friends or other relatives give me something like deodorant or food lol. Actually one of my best friends gave me a best friend keyring, and even though it broke off, I still keep the little chunk of metal that remains on my keys :) I like personal gifts and I try to give them too.

3 people like this

I would love it! Since I love nature I love flowers and it would make me feel appreciated by her. I think flowers are one of the best works of art by our Creator. Though it shouldn't be a bouquet of all just pink flowers ;) That is too girly. My favourite flowers at the moment are tulips. It reminds me of my heritage, beautiful colourful landscapes, and old windmills. 

tulips.jpg

2 people like this

Sure, but I have this habit of taking luxuriously detailed macro photos of flower and their petals... hard to find anything created more elegant and beautiful and picturesque than a flower... at least not yet. ;)

1 person likes this

Well I'm not a flower fan, (obviously I'm male) - Exceptions do exist -

It's like gifting male perfume to a female - Exceptions do exist - 

Not trying to be sexist, just tryin to tell that men are not in to flowers as much as women.

But still, I'd be really happy if she bought me flowers. I'd run towards her and grab her, lifting her up in the air and carry her like a princess.

I asked my guy friends this question before and was met with awkward silence lol

i also once gave my boss a nice bouquet for his birthday (it was like blue hydrangeas with white roses. i picked blue to make it manly lol) and he looked so startled and was probably thinking like, "what am i supposed to do with this....?" lol

he laughed politely and just awkwardly stood there holding the bouquet lol so i said "let me put those in a vase" and he was like "oh ok yeah cool!" lol

so yeah the whole thing was just... lol

he's one of those macho guys that drive a dodge truck lol

his b-day's next  month but I'm def not doing the flower thing this year lol

i feel like the men who will appreciate flowers are probably the artistic, contemplative, romantic types lol

macho ones might too but the chance is probably less...lol

so definitely consider his personality first.

men can like flowers too.

6 people like this

I'd appreciate the thought, but I HATE how flowers smell, especially roses. Yeah, I'm weird.

I'll just tell her to buy me chocolate bars whenever.

GUYS:

What if your girlfriend got YOU flowers just because she wanted to?  What would you do?  How would you feel about that?

I wouldn't mind if she got me flowers. 

(like Dendrobium Orchids)

post-830-0-59147100-1433985307_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Give me a bundle of orchid blooms any day. Or maybe the whole plant!

.....I give you this flower. Hopefully you unlike this flower will not be cut down in your prime and your corpse displayed as a sign of affection..... :mellow:

1 person likes this

I have to admit a good percentage of guys including myself wouldn't want to receive some pretty much useless dying plants.

I would appreciate that, even am sure she knows that her love is appreciated without that !!

I'm sure I'd like it, someone is doing a kind, outgoing gesture so it is natural to appreciate it.

I've only received flowers from a woman once, it was in high school and it was after a play in which I had the leading male role. I didn't know it at the time but apparently it is common for the performers to receive flowers from people after the play. There was a girl student who gave me flowers after the performance.

That being said, I personally don't really "want" flowers in the same way I think many ladies would. I'd probably prefer something else other than flowers. I had a girlfriend who sent me a delivered gift upon starting a new job. It was this little gift basket thing that was full of little candy bar treats. Now that I liked.

So, to sum up. I'd like it and be appreciative of it because of the thought and the gesture (especially if she was someone I like or had feelings for) but flowers isn't my favorite thing I could receive. It isn't in my nature to decorate my home or desk with flowers.