cookiemonster

Would you buy tampons and/or pads

26 posts in this topic

If a friend, sister, girlfriend, or wife or any other female in your life asks you to buy tampons or pads for them, Would you buy them? Would it make you uncomfortable? Would you feel embarrassed?

5 people like this

Only if they promise to go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich afterwards. :P

8 people like this

You better marry a special girl to put up with your sandwich jokes, Invincible...

Oh don't worry, because whoever I marry will definitely have a sense of humor ;)

9 people like this

Yes. That is not a problem at all. And why would anyone should feel embarrassed is beyond me.

2 people like this

Been there. Done that. Have the t-shirt. 

Well, come to think of it, no, I wouldn't wear an "I know how to buy maxi-pads" t-shirt. ;)

I've even bought make-up and hair dye for my mom from beauty stores.  With some disclaimers/jokes to the cashier of course.

6 people like this

What kinda question is that? Why wouldn't I? I just cannot see why it should be 'only buyable by girls'.

4 people like this

What kinda question is that? Why wouldn't I? I just cannot see why it should be 'only buyable by girls'.

I know some guys might feel embarrassed. Or grossed out by it. I asked my brother to get me pads when I was younger and he was grossed out by it. I even asked my dad when my mom wasn't home and he didn't know what to buy and I had to force him to go to the store.☺

1 person likes this

Only if they promise to go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich afterwards. :P

Turkey or ham?😆

3 people like this

I absolutely would not buy them. I don't want people thinking I have a vagina.

5 people like this

I have NEVER asked a guy to buy me pads/tampons/etc from the store.  The only reason I would is if it were an emergency, and for some reason I was disabled enough that I couldn't get to the store myself. But it is a nice thought that he would be more than willing if I needed him to.

5 people like this

This is why God made women PMS. So we can scare our men into buying our tampons for us.

9 people like this

Exactly. When a guy comes up to the register with tampons I'm like "Oh no, he's really a woman!"

6 people like this

This is why God made women PMS. So we can scare our men into buying our tampons for us.

And throwing us chocolate from a safe distance ;)

9 people like this

I too have a sense of humor... But u make that joke all the time! I'm just saying, if I heard that all the time... Well let's just say the sandwich wouldn't be ediable!

You're right, it is getting old. I'll just have to come up with new women jokes to keep things fresh. JK :P

DISCLAIMER: I'm not actually sexist, I just play one on TV. I love and respect women. In fact, my mother is a woman interestingly enough and I definitely love her. As far as I know, she is still a woman. I hope so anyways, that would be weird if she wasn't....

Turkey or ham?

Roast beef :D

Yeah, they would think that. The surgery you had was way too convincing.

It would scare me into building a nuclear bomb shelter underground.

5 people like this

I'm sure it's a very pretty vagina, Matt.

8 people like this

I would. I wouldn't be scared of buying them. I would just feel weird handing my mom tampons. I would do it for my mom if absolutely necessary. I would do it for almost any other girl no problem. Although I'm sure my mom would make jokes about my reaction to lighten the mood lol. 

3 people like this

Actually, it's funny a woman would ask this question. When I was younger (18 or so) my mom and sister made sure I was not squeamish at all about feminine health products or needs. I will never forget the time my sister sat down at the lunch table and loudly exclaimed, "I'm ovulating and my head is killing me!"

So in summary, I will buy my girlfriend, spouse, sister, mom and/or friend tampons, or pads. If you want, I'll even carry her purse if her hands are full, or her shoulders are aching that day!

4 people like this

Well, come to think of it, no, I wouldn't wear an "I know how to buy maxi-pads" t-shirt. ;)

I guarantee there are kids in Japan wearing such a t-shirt without having a clue what it says and just being happy that it's in English xD

6 people like this

I don't mind as long as she specifies on which she wants, what brand, etc.

If I get a weird look, I'll just simply say "It's not for me..."

2 people like this

I'm sorry for my first reply, cookiemonster, now when I read it it looks aggressive. I had no intention to attack you or to humiliate you. My intention was something like, ofc I would.

I apologize since my intentions were not to attack or humiliate you, cookiemonster. Conversing without body language or emotions really is difficult.

Sometimes in the past, I would read the text on the package of pads, because I was bored of my parents shopping. I remember how the women would look at me like, what the hell are you doing here boy? :D

OMG this thread has some of the funniest comments:lol:

For my wife, not even a problem...but the mom and sister thing....ohh lord I am pretty sure a zombie apocalypses would have to take place and even then they might not ask....if for some reason I had to...I think that is one of the few times my wife would hear me say..."I am not in the mood...can it wait" lol...

I am not saying this is a valid reason but more of an explanation as to why getting them for my mom/sister would really really really really gross me out....I was raised in a culture and family that completely sexualized a women's body. So as a result getting something that is going into their _______ is just.........*shivers*...ok i can't even finish this sentence.... I am sure if i was raised where a women's body was not sexualized and more from a natural/functional perspective, then i would not have an issue with getting them for my family members.

On 10/1/2014 at 7:48 PM, Invincible said:

Roast beef :D

I about fell out of my chair when I read this lololololol...If the pun was intended, then absolutely hilarious....If not, then nevermind and don't look it up lol.