Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PG1

What tv/movie/book/historical characters would best describe the perfect man for you?

8 posts in this topic

Using characters from tv/movies/books/history, what would be the guy who is most likely to catch (and keep) your attention with the potential to last forever?

For me, if I could combine the compassion and intelligence of Abraham Lincoln, the attention to detail of Sherlock Holmes (from any of the novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), the looks of Benedict Cumberbatch (or Matthew Gray Gubler or Matthew Perry), the sarcastic humor of Chandler Bing (FRIENDS character), the Faith in God and His guidance/determination to make a change/vision of what the future should hold of Martin Luther King Jr, and the shear courage of Winston Smith (1984, George Orwell)... yeah, that would be one heck of a guy. That's not even counting what his interests are. :)

Of course, I will add as a disclaimer that I'm not expecting a REAL man to be ALL of these things to the extent of the characters, but to have a little of each of these things, or some combination? I'm not sure, but I don't think it would be asking too much. :)

Women-wise: Willow Rosenberg from Buffy (though going off of what Irish Redhead said, Hermione Granger is pretty awesome in ways that are quite similar).

Men-wise: Captain Jack Harkness, from Doctor Who and Torchwood. I don't even like Doctor Who, I just love the character.

As for you libs1979, for me the perfect man would also be a combination.

The love for and knowledge of the scriptures like C H Spurgeon, the genius of Sir Isaac Newton / Nikola Tesla (I had a major fascination with these two and their celibacy when I was a teen), the musical magic of Antonio Vivaldi, the ability to change and influence things for the best like Mahatma Gandhi  / Albert Schweitzer (ok, no one could even come close to that but I’m allowed to imagine right?), the appearance of proud reserve of Mr. Darcy (from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice) / Mr. Thornton (from Elizabeth Gaskell’s North & South), and finally… that goofy grin of James Franco :).

Now folks, please don’t judge me for not being married at 34 <_<.

If I could splice a few different guys together...

The faith of JRR Tolkien (Catholic!)

+

The gentlemanliness of Professor Layton (yes, from the Nintendo DS games)

+

The cute shyness of Quasimodo (from the Disney movie)

+

The singing voice of Michael Crawford (does that count, or does it have to be purely historical people?)

+

The intelligence of L (from the manga series Death Note)

+

The loyalty of Severus Snape (because, why not?)

+

The bravery of Atticus Finch (best character ever)

=

PERFECT MAN

That should do it.

Hmm, that's a lot of guys. There must be a simpler way...Ooh, I know!

The Phantom of the Opera (Leroux's novel)

-

creepy evilness

=

PERFECT MAN

xxx

3 people like this

Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables, though I haven't read the books and I've only seen the movies....