PG1

If you could look ahead by, say, 50 years... what do you hope to see in your life?

7 posts in this topic

Ladies, if you had the ability to look ahead 50 (or so) years, and see ONE scene from your life, what would you hope to see? You wouldn't know what got you to that point, what events have taken place, who might have been involved in those events. Imagine and describe just ONE scene. Let's keep it clean, huh? :) This isn't VDA. ;)

I asked the guys this. So, I thought it would be fun to see what we say. I wrote a little blog about it, for myself. Which made me start to think it would be fun to see what others might think about.

My scene was me and my husband, sitting on a porch, just watching the evening sky. Reminiscing. How we met, fell in love, etc. Then he shows me a letter he wrote to himself the day I made him put our wedding photo into his wallet. It was so sweet and ornery (telling himself that even when I annoy him, and I WILL, to remember why he fell in love with me to begin with). Any time he was up to anything, it was always either sweet or silly. Never mean. He lets me read the letter and, when I'm done, he tells me that I'm his love. Always.... But 'Could we just, please, site in quiet and enjoy the evening?'. :) I reply with 'What, am I annoying you?' and a chuckle, then quiet. Then we just sit there, holding hands.

I wrote a very short story detailing my scene. I had to, the scene kind of got stuck in my head and I had to let it out. :)

3 people like this

Ooh, this is a great question! I think I would pick seeing me and my boyfriend (he *better* be my husband by then!), at Thanksgiving/Hanukkah/Christmas season, celebrating with our kids and grandkids. I get all mushy just thinking about it.  :wub:

3 people like this

Hmm… I would be past 80... I see myself speaking (I would have hopefully got over my dislike of talking at least by then :)) to a crowd of youngsters on the importance of helping out with missionary work / sharing my life's experiences with them.

2 people like this

I would be 77. I see myself playing with my grand babies or greatgrand babies. But this could be because my niece isn't even one and I enjoy playing with her and seeing her sweet little smile :D

At 77, retired, with my husband at my side, taking our grand-kids on cruises and trips to Europe.

2 people like this

I'll be almost 70, and I hope my husband and I are still joking with each other. That we can still give each other that cheeky smile or a cheeky wink to make the other laugh at something.

I do have this image in my head of being probably on a dig/excavation in a foreign country, probably somewhere in Africa for my work and I'm admiring the sunset and he comes and stands next to me and we look at each other and just smile, still just as happy as we were the day we got married. Maybe he even cracks a joke and I slap him playfully before we head back to our tent/campfire. He takes my hand and we walk back together. :) ahhhhhh

2 people like this

Geez ill be 82...my scene would be a Christmas with my husband and a house full of grandkids and grown children I dont know yet cooking, laughing, singing.

And I would be still mentally alert and physically able to move all over the place as i please!   This grandma will still be with it!

1 person likes this