PG1

If you could look ahead by, say, 50 years... what do you hope to see in your life?

6 posts in this topic

Guys, if you had the ability to look ahead 50 (or so) years, and see ONE scene from your life, what would you hope to see? You wouldn't know what got you to that point, what events have taken place, who might have been involved in those events. Imagine and describe just ONE scene. Let's keep it clean, huh? :) This isn't VDA. ;)

Honestly, I'm not thinking that far ahead, I'm just thinking about the next few years & if I'll meet someone or not.........who wants to be old anyway! :lol:

I'm in the back yard. My garden is coming along nicely. As I sit and pull weeds from the ground, I hear my husband working in his shed. I'm not quite sure what he's making this time. You see, every few months, after intense work, he'll emerge with a beautiful creation. Just a few weeks ago he gave our four year old great grand-daughter a tiny rocking chair perfect for her size. I'm so glad he got into woodworking after he retired... If he hadn't found a hobby to keep him busy, I would have killed him long ago!
I finish pulling the weeds and stand, brushing dirt from my knees. I jump slightly as strong arms suddenly wrap around my middle. 'Hi,' he whispers. Even after all these years, just the sound of his voice sends shivers down my spine. 'There are some people here to see you,' he says, and I turn to look at the front gate. Heading up the front steps is my family. I smile, content with my life, and I lean back into my husband. Yes, even after all these years, after seven beautiful daughters, seventeen grand children, and five great grandchildren (and one on the way), his voice makes me shiver, he's still the love of my life.

7? Sure? I think you might re-consider that after the first one but good luck :lol:

1 person likes this

Id be 68. So maybe Id be on my porch, admiring my car collection after a long day of autocross 😎

Imagining the future isn't for everyone, but for some of us it is fun to consider the possibilities once in a while. For me, when I do it, it helps me remember that I still have hope... which is good, because I get depressed when I start to feel hopeless. So, I just thought I'd see if anyone else like to play that game. :)

1 person likes this

Good point libs. Maybe I'm hiding from depression... I do a lot of thinking about the future...

I would be in my 70s.

I would want to see a holiday meal. And to see the food from my wife's garden that I helped her grow. My son and daughter with their families both married and having several children, all of us gathered a dining table that I built over many months. As we pray over the meal and I hold hands with my wife I can still feel the passion flowing.

"Love is always sixteen

Its always the same

though lovers might change

Its forever young

Love don't have to turn cold

Though lovers grow old"

-Billy Ray Cyrus

(I'm a muscion and quoting songs comes natural)

1 person likes this

I'd be 75, so hopefully I would be sitting in my chair next to my wife's & be relaxing.

That would be on off days, but hopefully we'd still be healthy enough to travel.