Invincible

Podcast 4: Struggles with Waiting (feat. CrystalFaerie)

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys! This week we have the wonderful CrystalFaerie with us to discuss the topic at hand. Enjoy!

PS Remember to give us feedback and let us know if you want to be a guest sometime.

14 people like this

I enjoyed this podcast as always :D 

CrystalFaerie, your accent is the best! 

2 people like this

CrystalFaerie, is it just my imagination correlating two kiwis or do you look like Tim Southee's sister? :lol:

southee.jpg
adult photo hosting

BTW, here's my vote for getting Steadfast Madcap on one of these podcasts :D

1 person likes this

Loved this podcast! Vince, you were right on point with some people being hostile towards waiters! I've experienced this so much recently Thanks for addressing it. In reality, it's not even their business, and yet some people get hostile about it.  :P

4 people like this

I'd say let the guests talk more. The length of time on podcasts is fine (around 20-30min) and I don't mind the rambling. (just keep it funny :P ) Here are some future topics I would like to hear:

The stigma of being an older virgin

Singleness in the church 

Dealing with criticism about waiting

Feeling like you're missing out on youthful sex

When everyone is getting married except you

Double Standards in Society

PUAs 

Pop Culture and Hip-Hop

Cohabitation

You can probably merge some of these. Thats my input.

9 people like this

It was great being on the podcast with you guys!

CrystalFaerie, your accent is the best! 

Haha, thanks! I tried to make it intelligible for the podcast, it's had a strong surge of kiwi-ness since I moved back home… :D

CrystalFaerie, is it just my imagination correlating two kiwis or do you look like Tim Southee's sister? :lol:

southee.jpg
adult photo hosting

Uh, maybe? I don't know, I've never been told that before :P

I'd say let the guests talk more. The length of time on podcasts is fine (around 20-30min) and I don't mind the rambling. (just keep it funny :P ) Here are some future topics I would like to hear:

The stigma of being an older virgin

Singleness in the church 

Dealing with criticism about waiting

Feeling like you're missing out on youthful sex

When everyone is getting married except you

Double Standards in Society

PUAs 

Pop Culture and Hip-Hop

Cohabitation

You can probably merge some of these. Thats my input.

Thanks for the input, Natureboy. I just realized that the guests don't get to talk much because we're dominating the conversation so we'll work on that. Also thanks for the topic suggestions. We'll be sure to discuss those at some point.

Great episode you guys! I was so not expecting to be name-checked, haha. Maybe I should change my title to "Resident Atheist."

BTW, here's my vote for getting Steadfast Madcap on one of these podcasts :D

:blush:

1 person likes this

Great episode you guys! I was so not expecting to be name-checked, haha. Maybe I should change my title to "Resident Atheist."

:blush:

I think you should cave into the peer pressure and be on our next episode. JK. You don't have to, but it would be nice ;)

1 person likes this

I think you should cave into the peer pressure and be on our next episode. JK. You don't have to, but it would be nice ;)

I think it'd be nice.  :) I'm recovering from a cold though, so it might depend on how my voice is doing on Sunday (that's when you guys film, right?).

I think it'd be nice.  :) I'm recovering from a cold though, so it might depend on how my voice is doing on Sunday (that's when you guys film, right?).

Yeah Sunday is our day of filming. We'll leave it up to you. If you can, great. If not, that's cool too. Just let us know. Feel better!

1 person likes this

Enjoyed this, thanks. Nice to see you CF, your accent is cool.

Waiting's challenges do vary by the time in your life and who you are with or where you are. At my age, it is probably the feeling of aloneness and loneliness that is the most trying. People don't reach out as readily to you when you are older as when you are all young together, it takes more effort and planning to find people to spend time with. And one does get more selective too, from experience.

For Vince and his interest in ice cream...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/walmart-s-great-value-ice-cream-sandwiches-don-t-melt-in-80-degree-weather-video-shows-1.8929140

http://food52.com/blog/4276-ice-cream-in-literature-roald-dahl

1 person likes this

So, I'm watching these kind of late in the game. They're really wonderful. I love watching your reactions to each other. Jegsy, your accent is great. Vince, you definitely have a voice for this stuff... you could do voice overs, or radio. :) There's just a good chemistry there.

This one was really good. I didn't even realize that open hostility was a normal thing for us waiters to experience. I kind of thought people just thought me odd in my decision, and that my aunt (a bit of a story there) was the oddity for trying to get me laid all of the time. She never has understood my decision.

Then, of course, the difficulty of staying true to yourself when you are with (or even just want to be with) someone who IS NOT waiting. I've been there. As you guys stated, just because you decide to wait doesn't mean your sex drive is put on hold. Or, maybe, you think it'll somehow make them want to stay (or be) with you. So, this kind of thing definitely makes it more difficult.

As for topic ideas? Right now the only one I can think of is, possibly, the subject of WHEN do you tell someone? We all have different views on that. So, it's not something that you can give a direct answer to, I know. Forgive me, if I don't know how to choose a topic for a podcast. :) Until this site, I never really got to into them (even though I have tried) and I don't really know if there's some general rule on how to choose topics. lol

2 people like this

"Say something I'm giving up on you" *sings*

Ahh good job guys! I'm a bit surprised this is the first podcast I've watched.

I say we have a politically-centered podcast! haha jk... perhaps.

I like the suggestion for a podcast on cohabitation and being single when everyone else is in a relationship/engaged/getting married. I think the latter specifically is something everyone faces (whether waiting or not) at some point in their lives.

I think it would be good to do some podcasts also not necessarily related to waiting/marriage/similar topics. Sports, video games, animals, *ahem* winning things online ;) lol. Anything is game, but I would only suggest throwing in these off-topics once in awhile, keep most of the podcasts on waiting and such.