Invincible

WTM Podcast: Episode 3 with special guest,NicoleNova

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Here's our new podcast with Nicole as our guest this week. Please forgive my long period of being inarticulate towards the beginning. I didn't get much sleep the night before. lol. Anyways Enjoy!

13 people like this

Wheelies xD I was desperately trying to hold my laugh in since everyone here is asleep!
I'm a fan of you guys <3 please do more!
Well done on your debut, Lady of Sarcasm :P:)

PS: don't quit :( this is the only podcast I approve of other than the amazing YogPod. And believe me, I have done some searching through podcasts.
PSS: CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY! >: D Yes we have it in the UK, me and my friends played it at my friend's coming home party :) feel free to have a little game of it at the end of the next podcast.

7 people like this

Good job! That quiet girl is a little weird though. She shouldn't be on any future podcasts...

8 people like this

Once again, awesome podcast! Some very thought-provoking topics there. Nicole, you seem like such a sweet person, and it was great "meeting" you :)

Tried to come up with some suggestions for future topics and the best I could think of was the challenges of waiting. I can't remember if you touched on this in the other episodes, but I think it would be interesting to talk about the challenges waiters face, from dating and finding the right person to upholding our values in a sex-filled society. Don't know if that's something you guys would be interested in discussing, but it's all I can think of right now.

Oh and if you need guests sometime, I'm up for it! :)

9 people like this

Once again, awesome podcast! Some very thought-provoking topics there. Nicole, you seem like such a sweet person, and it was great "meeting" you :)

Tried to come up with some suggestions for future topics and the best I could think of was the challenges of waiting. I can't remember if you touched on this in the other episodes, but I think it would be interesting to talk about the challenges waiters face, from dating and finding the right person to upholding our values in a sex-filled society. Don't know if that's something you guys would be interested in discussing, but it's all I can think of right now.

Oh and if you need guests sometime, I'm up for it! :)

Thanks, CF!

I think that is a fantastic idea for a new episode. I'm sure that could be a topic all of us can relate to. Okay then, that will be our next topic, Thanks!

And we'd love to have you in the next episode so we can get to know you more and we can discuss the topic you proposed. Jegs and I typically film on a Sunday at around 3pm my time in the West Coast of the US. Since you're in the same timezone as Jegs, it will probably be at around 10pm or so. I'm not quite sure. We could try shooting it this coming sunday on the 21st. Let me know if that works for you.

Good job! That quiet girl is a little weird though. She shouldn't be on any future podcasts...

Actually, we should have her on more often to help her practice ;)

Wheelies xD I was desperately trying to hold my laugh in since everyone here is asleep!

I a fan of you guys <3 please do more!

Well done on your debut, Lady of Sarcasm :P:)

PS: don't quit :( this is the only podcast I approve of other than the amazing YogPod. And believe me, I have done some searching through podcasts.

PSS: CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY! > :D Yes we have it in the UK, me and my friends played it at my friend's coming home party :) feel free to have a little game of it at the end of the next podcast.

Yes, I'm quite the cunning linguist ;) I've never heard that podcast before but I assume it's a fairly well known one. Thanks for holding us in high opinion!

Good that you have CAH in the UK. We were thinking about having a game online at some point. If you're in, we could do a  WTM.org one :)

5 people like this

I want to play CAH too! Be warned, I have a vile imagination, lol! 

3 people like this

Thanks, CF!

I think that is a fantastic idea for a new episode. I'm sure that could be a topic all of us can relate to. Okay then, that will be our next topic, Thanks!

And we'd love to have you in the next episode so we can get to know you more and we can discuss the topic you proposed. Jegs and I typically film on a Sunday at around 3pm my time in the West Coast of the US. Since you're in the same timezone as Jegs, it will probably be at around 10pm or so. I'm not quite sure. We could try shooting it this coming sunday on the 21st. Let me know if that works for you.

Awesome, I'm glad you like my idea :D

And sure, I'm up for doing the next episode on the 21st! I'm not in the same timezone as Jegsy though, unless she's currently in New Zealand which I don't think she is… XD But yeah, 3pm West Coast time would be 10am Monday morning for me, which works fine.

6 people like this

Awesome, I'm glad you like my idea :D

And sure, I'm up for doing the next episode on the 21st! I'm not in the same timezone as Jegsy though, unless she's currently in New Zealand which I don't think she is… XD But yeah, 3pm West Coast time would be 10am Monday morning for me, which works fine.

Oh whoops! Sorry for some reason I thought you were in the UK. My mistake :P But cool, we look forward to having you on the podcast on the 21st. I'll send you a pm a couple days before to check in to make sure you're still up for it. Thanks!

BTW, we use Google+ Hangout video chat. So you would need Google account to use it if you don't have one already. If you don't, you just need to set up a Gmail account and that's all.

5 people like this

Some great points raised! The point about NOT misleading waiters about the probable reality of their wedding-night as well as the point that parents shouldn't just give up on their children with respect to the waiting issue just like they don't when it comes to things like drugs & such.......

Na, she's just camera-shy but she'll grow out of it......

That was fun. Nachos and cola on a hangout sounds like fun, I must be hungry tonight.

Nicole, when an inappropriate sex scene pops up and we're watching together, my mom still instructs me to look away (or fast forwards the scene) and extols the virtues of waiting; probably won't escape the reminders and warnings until you marry. FWIW, you appeared graceful in the podcast, and are brave to go on camera like that.

So I wonder if you guys need to issue your guest with a Jeopardy-like buzzer, so when that have a comment, they can buzz their way into the conversation...

I would help you edit the video if you wanted, but at this stage, I think the raw candor of the podcast is one of it's appealing aspects, because nobody's acting or 'presenting'.

I agree that the past approach to explaining WTM to children has indeed changed in this time. Back when I was 12 or so, there was no internet, and about the only place a teen could get a glimpse was a few minutes sneaking around the dirty magazine aisle until some responsible adult chased you away. I am dismayed when I walk into a typical mall and the public display boards (let alone the actual shop windows) boldly present some poor woman in semi-transparent lingerie for all ages to view and ponder. And the imagery that is available on the internet today without hardly trying is far beyond what we might have glimpsed in a magazine.

So I think today's youngsters need to be told more, more often, and reminded of the reasons for WTM as they try to find their footing and maturity in their own souls. Not in fear of some mysterious repercussions, but with honest, clear reasons why WTM is not just the right thing to do, but how it prevents unmarried pregnancies, STDs, heartbreak and so many complications of life that are not necessary.

5 people like this