28 posts in this topic

I know there aren't only Americans on this site. I'm American, but I want to meet the people who aren't. :blush: I actually want to have a relationship with a British guy. It's something about the accent that sounds like a lullaby to me. Even when their drunk and slurring XD.

So... Any British guys out there? Or just people from other places in general? If you American, don't hold back from posting on this either. I don't mean to exclude anyone. ^^ :P  :D 

I'm only sixteen now, but when I get older I hope to marry a handsome Christian gentleman with an English accent. ^^  :rolleyes:  :wub: 

I'm British (but I'm a girl, sorry :D)! I live in SE Asia at the moment though.

Weirdly enough, despite growing up mostly in the UK, I have never dated a British guy - even at school I dated the exchange student from Germany! 

1 person likes this

I'm Serbian from my mom's side, Croatian from my dad's side, but I'm also Bosnian since I was born in Bosnia. Despite all of this, I'm mainly American as the way I am or the things that interest me. Lived in the U.S most of my life. I remember moving to America in '97. You weren't even alive then! I love an English accent as well. It's weirdly alluring. If my future wife had an accent like that I wouldn't mind. So long as I could understand her.

2 people like this

Lol I used to date german guy ^^ and how come to America to date our men! XD they'll love you

I'd move to America in a heartbeat! I've lived there before and I've been dying to go back.  I must say, my accent went down very well over there too! 

2 people like this

I live in America now, but I'll be moving to Ireland hopefully within the next 6 months for work. If I meet any Brirish lads, I'll send them your way ;)

When you're there, you should go to the Lisdoonvarna festival.  It's a month long matchmaking festival in a village in County Clare and it's supposed to have a really high success rate :D The west of Ireland also has 27 men for every woman so the odds are in your favour!  I'm actually thinking of giving it a go myself at some point - my grandmother would be over the moon if I ended up with a man from 'the auld country', lol

2 people like this

I'm an extremely handsome catholic gentleman with a British accent, but I'm also 23  B) I'm an oldmun, as the Yogscast would say.

4 people like this

I'm not British, but I did live in England for a year :D I'm from New Zealand originally and grew up in Switzerland, before moving back to my little islands at the end of the world last July. I do have British ancestry though.

1 person likes this

I am South African and Americans often tell me I have a very deep accent. So much so that not everyone can understand my English. My first language is Afrikaans. It is a lower German language similar to Dutch. I tend to roll my "r"s and they say it sounds like I am purring. 

2 people like this

I'm British, but the wrong gender ;) I'm guessing you mean the classic British accent, very posh like Hugh Grant?

2 people like this

I'm British, but the wrong gender ;) I'm guessing you mean the classic British accent, very posh like Hugh Grant?

:o :O Another British person!! Hi!

1 person likes this

Im a Belgian Turk, Dutch and Turkish are my native languages. Then English, then French. Strange, not?

2 people like this

I want to learn English accents. I'm starting with Irish though... And its not vary good... YET! I will master it! Next is British. Go Texas southern accents sound awesome!

I'm a mutt!!! I'm native Arizonan who talks like I'm from the north west an west.

2 people like this

I'm Canadian but I'm married to an American but we live in Canada. 

1 person likes this

And omg, Daz. XD yes, he is very handsome :D

LOL ikr but I was quoting Ms znk99fg7 there xD   ^^^^

I've been quoted? Are we discussing Hugh Grant?.... "Gosh, crikey, gosh, yes, errr, whoopsie daisies."

1 person likes this

I'm totally a sucker for a British accent. I watch Hugh Grant movies simply because of his looks and his accent. Not that they aren't good. Most of them are, in my opinion. :) Of course, I like other Brits, too... Ahhhh, Benedict Cumberbatch (Yes, I love his name, too). It really is the accent. There was a time I would have dropped everything if a guy from that area wanted me to... well, if I'd gotten to know him. :) I'm not as spontaneous as I'd like to be. Now, though, I think it would be hard... unless he wanted to live here. I have my nephews to think about. I'd love to live over there someday in the future. I love rain, too.

I'm in America. Arizona. Pretty new to this area, nearly two years. Use to live in Ohio. I wish I could travel more, though. :)