MissVirgin

Should there be a dating site for virgins?

Should there be a dating site for virgins?   46 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a dating site for virgins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

I'm not sure. The closest would probably be ChristianMingle.com and jdate.com (Jew Date), but honestly I had a ChristianMingle account and was amazed at how Many members are okay with pre-marital sex. But I'm sure you will find some virgins on ChristianMingle, just hard to find.

1 person likes this

Why not! But then isn't this a bit of a dating site? Although the emphasis isn't on dating but rather on support & interaction but I think the owners are hoping to turn it into more of a dating site (correct me if I'm wrong about this).

I think there are a couple of sites out there for virgins (apart from religious ones) but we also have to remember that not all such people are virgins by choice, some are virgins only because they couldn't find anybody to have sex with because they are deemed unattractive or shy or too introverted, etc. So in that sense, this site is more specifically directed at those who are virgins by choice AND wish to remain so until marriage.

2 people like this

I like the idea, but of course with everything involving internet dating, you'd have to be careful. I'd also be afraid of people just wanting to be there to meet virgins (in a creepy way...)

17 people like this

A dating site for people committed to WTM would be very helpful - it would save a lot of awkward conversations and would mean that less time was wasted! I would certainly sign up for a site like that.  

One site that I have found very useful is OkCupid as if you answer all the questions about waiting until marriage as mandatory you can come up with some very high matches (99%) and virtually all of those matches will be fellow waiters.  Unfortunately for me, I currently live half the world away from the vast majority of the eligible waiter men on OkCupid, but that's another story!

If a site was marketed as being for virgins I would be a bit wary of the clientele is might attract - as znk99fg7 said, there may be a fair few people there who want to meet virgins for their own creepy reasons.  

5 people like this

Well there should mainly be one for people WTM, but also there could be a separate one for people who are just virgins not WTM.

Why would someone want to meet a virgin for "creepy reason"? Surely they'd clear off after a while if they're not actually WTM too :D

2 people like this

I think there should be a dating site for virgins, because there are certainly plenty of virgins who also prefer virgins.  But i don't think Waitingtillmarriage.org is the right place for that.

2 people like this

I think there should be a dating site for waiters, so as to include people who aren't virgins but are committed to waiting.

With ChristianMingle, I encourage Christians to contact the Advisory Board and write a sincere letter asking for a field where people can state their beliefs in abstinence till marriage and search for abstinent members, or write a letter just saying you're waiting until marriage and what your thoughts are.

ChristianMingle is owned by Spark Networks, which is a secular company, however the ChristianMingle Advisory Board is made up of Christian leaders such as pastors and book authors.

If we appeal to the Advisory Board, I think they'll respond with some action to improve the situation.

About Advisory Board: http://www.christianmingle.com/advisory-board.html

Let's make our voices heard!

5 people like this

Actually I think I've changed my mind after reading a couple of the above comments... It's true that every video game and online website is just overflowing with trolls and creeps... This is a little haven right here on WTM.org

4 people like this

It'll attract disguisting pigs and liars who'd want to marry a virgin: ABSOLUTELY NO.

1 person likes this

A dating site for people committed to WTM would be very helpful - it would save a lot of awkward conversations and would mean that less time was wasted! I would certainly sign up for a site like that.  

One site that I have found very useful is OkCupid as if you answer all the questions about waiting until marriage as mandatory you can come up with some very high matches (99%) and virtually all of those matches will be fellow waiters.  Unfortunately for me, I currently live half the world away from the vast majority of the eligible waiter men on OkCupid, but that's another story!

If a site was marketed as being for virgins I would be a bit wary of the clientele is might attract - as znk99fg7 said, there may be a fair few people there who want to meet virgins for their own creepy reasons.  

But that "mandatory" thing isn't there anymore, right? :(  (Or have I just managed to miss it altogether somehow.... :wacko: ). I so wish that I'd joined okcupid when that mandatory thing was still there, I wouldn't have had to go through thousands of profiles to find waiters then  :mad:

I'm not sure. The closest would probably be ChristianMingle.com and jdate.com (Jew Date), but honestly I had a ChristianMingle account and was amazed at how Many members are okay with pre-marital sex. But I'm sure you will find some virgins on ChristianMingle, just hard to find.

but i am not Christian or Jew i am Muslim  but it does not matter i would like to marry from any religion just want him VIRGIN and litte religion thought!

1 person likes this

But that "mandatory" thing isn't there anymore, right? :(  (Or have I just managed to miss it altogether somehow.... :wacko: ). I so wish that I'd joined okcupid when that mandatory thing was still there, I wouldn't have had to go through thousands of profiles to find waiters then  :mad:

It's still there on OKCupid, in the questions :)

1 person likes this

I don't really trust any dating site... I'll just die a rebellious loner (Y) and maybe donate sperm so that some kid can have my amazing memory skills and high susceptibility to asthma.

4 people like this

It's still there on OKCupid, in the questions :)

Thanks!  :)  But where exactly is it located?

This is what my Q&A interface looks like, & I can't find anything in & around the questions that might allow me to mark any question as mandatory :(

Untitled.jpg

I don't really trust any dating site... I'll just die a rebellious loner (Y) and maybe donate sperm so that some kid can have my amazing memory skills and high susceptibility to asthma.

Come on, give yourself a chance! I've been like that most of my life so far, I've thought about sperm-donation as well :lol:  but you know, we got to give ourselves a chance & put ourselves out there, look around & at least TRY to see if there's someone out there for us, if we still don't find anybody worthwhile then at least we can say, "Hey, I tried & it didn't work out", that way at least we won't be there old & on our deathbeds thinking, "Why didn't I try? What if I'd tried?".

And it's a not question of trusting the site, it's a question of getting to know a person enough, over a period of time, so that you feel comfortable enough to trust the person. Cheer up, man! :)

Thanks! :) But where exactly is it located?

This is what my Q&A interface looks like, & I can't find anything in & around the questions that might allow me to mark any question as mandatory :(

Untitled.jpg

:)

They seem to have changed the format of the questions since the last time I used okcupid a couple of months ago. Before, there were options to mark the importance of the answer as 'mandatory' or 'not at all' in addition to the three options shown in your screenshot.

This is annoying to say the least. There should always be an option to mark answers as mandatory as this gives the highest match %. There are certain things that a person just cannot be flexible on!

1 person likes this

Thanks!  :)  But where exactly is it located?

Untitled.jpg

In the "Answers You'll Accept", you'll just choose "Not Until Marriage" in the question about how long you wait to have sex and when you get to the importance section, rate it as high as you can. There is no "mandatory" button but that makes it pretty clear if you do it that way. 

1 person likes this

Why not! But then isn't this a bit of a dating site? Although the emphasis isn't on dating but rather on support & interaction but I think the owners are hoping to turn it into more of a dating site (correct me if I'm wrong about this).

I think there are a couple of sites out there for virgins (apart from religious ones) but we also have to remember that not all such people are virgins by choice, some are virgins only because they couldn't find anybody to have sex with because they are deemed unattractive or shy or too introverted, etc. So in that sense, this site is more specifically directed at those who are virgins by choice AND wish to remain so until marriage.

That would be so GREAT if this site turn into a dating site that would be really great idea!yes you are right some virgin are bcz they couldn't find anybody to have sex.yes this site is more specifically directed at those who are virgins by choice until marriage but this a forums,i had a wished why this site is not a dating site it would be really good if owners change it in dating site, i specialy love the name www.waitingtillmarriage.org ;)!

1 person likes this

Yes you can find some virgins on OkCupid,few days ago i joined OkCupid i got 1 matche 99% but he is not online since August, i got other matches 96% too but not luck yet and still trying to fing!

They seem to have changed the format of the questions since the last time I used okcupid a couple of months ago. Before, there were options to mark the importance of the answer as 'mandatory' or 'not at all' in addition to the three options shown in your screenshot.

This is annoying to say the least. There should always be an option to mark answers as mandatory as this gives the highest match %. There are certain things that a person just cannot be flexible on!

Yeah, I was looking around in some of the forums a few days ago & that's how I found out that there was this "mandatory" importance as well........before I joined  :( 

The feeling is that they removed it because they thought too many people were using it for minor questions & thereby throwing off the whole match % since it had 5 times more weight than "Very Important". That thing obviously, would have helped people like us, who are looking for very rare qualities :(

In the "Answers You'll Accept", you'll just choose "Not Until Marriage" in the question about how long you wait to have sex and when you get to the importance section, rate it as high as you can. There is no "mandatory" button but that makes it pretty clear if you do it that way. 

I have. Besides, I openly mention it on my profile anyway but I haven't seen that many waiters amongst my highest matches but it could be because I'm looking for non-religious ones, & I guess there aren't enough weird people like me aka non-religious waiters, so it could likely be just that. Nonetheless, having that "mandatory" thing would have helped A LOT as I've read that it had 5 times more weight than "Very Important". So right now, I sometimes get girls that are like 95% match & their answer states that they'll have sex after 1-2 or 3-5 dates :excl:

That would be so GREAT if this site turn into a dating site that would be really great idea!yes you are right some virgin are bcz they couldn't find anybody to have sex.yes this site is more specifically directed at those who are virgins by choice until marriage but this a forums,i had a wished why this site is not a dating site it would be really good if owners change it in dating site, i specialy love the name www.waitingtillmarriage.org ;)!

This thread indicates that they are intending to turn this into more of a dating site -

http://forums.waitingtillmarriage.org/topic/3570-so-the-first-dating-feature-is-done/?hl=%2Bdating+%2Bsite#entry51960

Yes you can find some virgins on OkCupid,few days ago i joined OkCupid i got 1 matche 99% but he is not online since August, i got other matches 96% too but not luck yet and still trying to fing!

August? I've probably messaged a couple of waiters who visited LAST YEAR's August :lol:

The thing is, waiters are very rare so it's likely that a lot of waiters get bored & stop visiting the site after a while because they can't find anybody worth the trouble. Girls, especially, get a lot of messages so I guess anybody who's not visited for a while probably has their mail set up to not accept okcupid's e-mails (just my luck)  :(  But guys, typically, don't get a ton of messages, so it's possible that you message a guy who's not visited for a while & he hasn't opted out of okcupid's e-mails so he might just show up :)

August? I've probably messaged a couple of waiters who visited LAST YEAR's August :lol:

The thing is, waiters are very rare so it's likely that a lot of waiters get bored & stop visiting the site after a while because they can't find anybody worth the trouble. Girls, especially, get a lot of messages so I guess anybody who's not visited for a while probably has their mail set up to not accept okcupid's e-mails (just my luck)  :(  But guys, typically, don't get a ton of messages, so it's possible that you message a guy who's not visited for a while & he hasn't opted out of okcupid's e-mails so he might just show up :)

yes since i joined okcupid i got ALOT massages or my inbox filled of emails there ;D

1 person likes this

In the search part of OKCupid, you can search for the question/s about waiting until marriage and select the 'after the wedding' one and then you get people who have entered that too. Unfortunately no one who is is close to me and those in the same continent are very far away!!!!!!!

1 person likes this