znk99fg7

When would you like 'xyz' to happen?

13 posts in this topic

I know we're all WTM, so clearly sex would happen after we're married. But I after reading some posts on the site, I realise some people would prefer marrying young, others later in life; some people don't want kids, some people want a house full!; etc.

So, here's my question for you all. Imagine you could have your ideal future like you've got it planned out in your mind - what ages are you/after or before what do you want whatever to happen? I'll give you my scenario for an example/template.

Ok, I'd like to have finished studying before I get married. That would be around mid 20s, but then I'd like to be a few years into my career so I'd prefer late 20s. I'd like to be with Mr Right a couple of years before engagement and then if this happens when I'm still studying, have a long engagement. I don't know if I want to have kids, but if I did, I would want them in my mid to late 30s OR I would like to have been married for at least 5 years before kid or kids come along.

Of course I realise that life isn't as simple as this, but IF IT WERE, what would your dates/times/etc be? DISCUSS :D

1 person likes this

I would get engaged to my boyfriend after my college graduation (which for me is this coming May), move into a little apartment with him as soon after graduation as possible, and get married no later than 26 (earlier is better, but something in me kinda likes the idea of getting married on our 10th anniversary, so I'd be willing to settle for that :D ). He is going to be getting his masters right after graduation, so I would likely find a job that could help support us both, so he can afford to work part-time. I'd like to have a house by my mid/late 20s, and have our first kid around 27/28, definitely no later than 30. I want two or three kids, each spaced about three years apart. (So ideally, first kid at 27, second kid at 30, final kid at 33 if I chose to have one.) I would love to be able to stay home with them as long as possible; full-time until they're all in preschool, and perhaps part-time until they're in middle school.

Ideally, I'd like to get married in my early 20s. If I go back to university next year, I will be done by the time I'm 22, so I could get married then - but considering I'd like to date for at least 2 years first, I'm more likely to get married around 25. I wouldn't mind having children right away but spending 1-2 years just with my husband is cool too. I would like at least four children, and I'd like most if not all of them to be born before I'm 30. I want to be a young mother :)

So if life happened the way I'd like it to, it would happen like this:

- meet my future husband in the next couple of years

- date for 2-3 years

- get married aged 22-25ish

- have kids within the next 2 years

- keep having kids 18 months to 2 years apart

- be done with babies by the time I'm 35

- enjoy the years alone with my husband ;)

1 person likes this

My preference would have been to be getting married this year, at the age of 25. That's when I always thought I would be getting married. But I am still very much single in every way. Anyways... 

If it had happened that way, I would wait about 2 or 3 years to have my first child so I'd be 27 or 28. Then we would play it out when to have the following children or adopt whichever we decide to do. 

1 person likes this

I'd marry as soon as possible if I could. It's better to marry after university though but it's not that big of a problem for me.

And just like Steadfast Madcap said, I also want my first child at the age of 27 (before 30), the second at 30 and the final one at 33 (after 30 and before 35), or something close to it.

1 person likes this

I'm 20 right now, and I'll be in university (if everything goes well) till about 23. I'd love to get married about 25 (so I need to hurry up and find him). Then, probably just get started with the babies...

xxx

1 person likes this

I was so cute in my early twenties, hoping to be married by 26 and start having children soon after. I am actually glad that I am not married now, in a way, and I am glad I'm not a mom yet, because I now know I wasn't ready to be a mom at that age. Watching my sister become a mom definitely put it all in perspective and I love being an auntie!

4 people like this

I just graduated university at 23, so now I would love to just get my career in line and pay off most of my student loans in the next 2-3 yrs. Being financially secure (primarily paying off the student loans and saving up some substantial money for my parents' retirement in the next few years) is one of the things I would prefer to do before I get married. I hope to meet Mr Right in these years and get married at around 26-27. Two-three years of companionship before having kids would be ideal, but if it happens suddenly, all the better :) 

1 person likes this

I'd like to get married in the next two or three years - I'm already way off the schedule that I had wanted to follow but hope I won't have to wait much longer.

As an older waiter, it would be foolish to put off having children so I would ideally like to be at least pregnant by our first anniversary. A honeymoon baby would be wonderful!

I'm actually quite pleased that my life has turned out the way it has so far - being unmarried throughout my twenties has allowed me to travel the world and to have a wealth of experiences I may not have had if I had been married - it's been a great time, but I'm more than ready to settle down now!

4 people like this

I'm 24. Will be done with my education at 24. If I had a girlfriend I'd marry her right after college but I'm sadly single. So if I could control the world I'd be married by 26 and have kids starting in my early 30s. Of course until I find my Wife to be it's only the career and me 😖.

1 person likes this

I'll be married in my thirties after 2-3 years of dating. By then I would be finished with my masters, hopefully working on my PHD. I would already have my career established . I traveled to a bunch of different places but would like someone to travel with. I don't want my own kids so there's no rush to get pregnant but would love to foster teens

1 person likes this