znk99fg7

Traits You Like

8 posts in this topic

Hi People :)

I'm asking this in both the Girls and Guys forums. WHAT sort of little traits would you like in your significant other? I'm not talking tall, dark and handsome or kind and caring, etc. I mean like: (here's a few of mine but I'll add a post later)

• if he sees litter on the ground, he'll pick it up and throw it in a bin
  • he loves animals with a passion, especially dogs
  • he has me walk on the inside of the pavement

That sort of thing. So, guys and girls - what little things would you like Mr/Mrs Right to have/do? :D

1 person likes this

If he asks if I need any help carrying things, instead of assuming I need help.

Doesn't mind talking with my dad even though he is really being interrogated.

He likes dogs, because my family has a lot.

One thing that always catches my attention is a man jumping in to help lift and carry.  Don't just stand around and let two women move a gigantic mattress by themselves.  (Can you tell what I've been helping to do the past few days?)  

Anyway....

It's the little things.  The things that he may not even be aware of; it's just automatic to him - like opening a door or picking up litter or doing things because they come naturally to him...and he does it without thinking or demanding recognition for his actions.  It's how he treats his family and friends and animals.  If my dogs trust someone, I will too.  

1 person likes this

I am attracted to men who love animals and children, and who seem like they will be a great dad one day :)  

1 person likes this

•opens the door for me and other people

•loves his family and is nice to people around him

•helps with whatever I need help with (kitchen, carrying heavy things, changing the lightbulb)

2 people like this

-being able to take charge. I'm not talking about being bossy, but in a gentle/considerate/thoughtful sort of way

-can pick out my quirks and tease me about them, and take the same from me (big thing in my family. We love quirks)

-goes out of his way to help someone

- A girl who shows appreciation of me giving her flowers (To me, showing appreciation is in the action not the words; in other words, she takes care of her flowers that I gave to her by changing the water daily to help the flowers stay healthy and vibrant longer). 

-If she returns romantic gestures, like also writing me letters to remind me that she cares about me, just like I do to her. 

-A girl who is artistic and crafty, and makes home made gifts and crafts for me. 

A guy who sees litter and stops to pick it up, so he can throw it away, and doesn't think I'm gross when I do it. Or doesn't think I'm a total freak when I do it, and then have to rush to the nearest bathroom to wash my hands. It's an OCD thing.

Smile to a stranger. Especially if they have a scowl on their face.

Oh, and this is a big deal for me, someone who knows how to take charge when I need him to. Making dinner/date decisions because he is perceptive and knows what I'll like, even if I can't make up my mind. Or, if we are at a party, or any other gathering, and he can see that I'm not handling it well (all the people, I'm not good with a lot of people). So, he takes my hand (squeezes gently, and brings it to his lips softly, with a look that just says 'I got this'), and makes sure to do most of the talking until I'm acclimated... and, if he can manage to NOT make me feel left out in the process... yeah, he's a keeper.

AAANNNDDDDD, I think some bit of fantasy got into that description... maybe a little by accident, and a little on purpose. lol

2 people like this