PG1

Aside from the obvious, what are you looking forward to when you're married?

20 posts in this topic

I'm asking both guys and girls this, in the different forums. I'm curios about what my be the same and what might be different.

GIRLS:

What kinds of things are you most looking forward to when you're married? Aside from the obvious. We are all here for the same reason. :) So, we don't need to talk about that. It can be a serious thing, or fun and playful. Whatever you may have thought about what you'd like your marriage to be like.

I'll start.

I just want simple things. Some of them may seem weird.

-To watch him shave and we just talk. Or, maybe he just listens and nods. He likes to listen to me ramble. I'm sure of it. lol

-Cuddling on the couch while watching a bad movie, and mocking it (or turning the sound off and making up our own lines). Or, even a great movie, and just being quiet.

-Knowing that there will ALWAYS be at least one person to lean on when I'm down, or even at a party and uncomfortable. I'd do the same for him.

-Talking. Just random talks, about anything from the serious to the fun.

-Those goofy-oh-so-nauseating couple 'selfies' you see on facebook. Yeah, I want a few of those, but not too many. I don't want to make myself too sick. ;)

There's a few of mine. Of course, most of these can be done while courting, but knowing that they've chosen me to do all of lifes stuff with for as long as we can together. Yeah, that makes this stuff even better.

5 people like this

Like everyone, I look forward to all the couple-y things you do when you're married, like going on holidays together, having inside jokes, and so on. I look forward to hanging out together in the evenings, and having someone to talk to about everything, even the insignificant things. I look forward to waking up every morning and seeing the man I love lying next to me.

But most of all, I look forward to having a home. I want us to buy a house together, furnish and decorate it in our own style, and build a "nest". I want somewhere safe that I can go to every day after work. A place that I love, filled with people that I love - a happy place where I can be myself.

One day I want to look around my house, at all the things we bought together and made together and set up together, and see the children that we had together, and know that my husband and I created this. That's what I look forward to most.

8 people like this

Good questions - I think it's about the simple things too.  

-  Having someone always there to listen and offer a different opinion as to something that I haven't thought about (I'll do the same for him.)

-  Learning his favorite meals and preparing them and if he happens to come up behind me for a taste...

-  Having both deep discussions on serious topics, but also someone to debate with about the silliest, stupidest thing that really don't matter.

-  Someone to travel with and have new experiences.

-  Someone to curl up on the couch with as he watches something on tv and I read a book and knowing that we don't need words at all times, it's enough to just to be together. 

4 people like this

-growing, spiritually and otherwise, together

-human touch (I mean in simple ways, like having a hand to hold, shoulder to cry on, someone to play with my hair and vice versa. Yes, I feel deprived ðŸ˜)

-someone to go on some serious hikes/trips/excursions with

-someone to look after when they're sick

-someone to cook awesome food for/use as a guinea pig (I'm am in actuality a fairly good cook)

-comfortable silence

-someone to help me take the top off my jeep. I'm too short

4 people like this

- someone to have little inside jokes with

- someone to travel with

- someone to be lazy with (sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything)

- someone to help me pick up heavy things when I need or ask. (Would be nice to have some man muscles around)

- someone to wrestle around with one second then cuddle the next.

- someone to complain about. I know that's weird, but it is lonely when your coworkers talk about their husbands.

• Going to sleep next to and waking up to each other every day.

Having someone around who I trust in emergency situations, who is legally authorized to act on my behalf, visit me in hospitals, etc. This becomes even more important once children come along.

Watching him co-parent our child(ren).

Helping each other clean the house, make it nice, etc. Or mutually deciding to put it off another day to hang out and do fun things.  :lol:

Just having the additional security of the marital promise; knowing we are committed to ourselves and our family no matter what. Also, having public recognition of that promise, and recognition of the significance of our relationship to one another, from friends and family.

I really look forward to building a life and a family together, and being able to look around and see tangible evidence of all the things we've been hoping of and dreaming for all these years finally come to fruition.

3 people like this

Ummmm..... the obvious.

Oh besides from the obvious?

Ummmmmmm..... the obvious?

Haha jk

I'm looking for all the stuff I see my parents and other couples do read, cuddle, pray, sing, dance, goof around etc

1 person likes this

I can't wait to just lay in his arms in silent embrace.

I can't wait to please him in any and every way I can.

I can't wait to tell him all the secret things I don't share with anyone else.

I can't wait to just watch him do things(weird I know but whatever)

I can't wait to hug him without words and be accepted

..speaking of accepted.. I can't wait to be fully accepted in any and every way by someone (parents are like that besides sex and also sometimes you just have to have 'filters' with them)

I can't wait to just stare in his eyes without fear of being judged.

I can't wait to have someone who loves me at my worst and best.

I can't wait....the list goes on way far so that's it!

4 people like this

I like the answers, girls :D

I won't ever regret marrying one of you :P

3 people like this

• I look forward to someone knowing me on a level that no one else does - not even my mother.
  • I look forward to waking up in the middle of the night, lying on my husbands chest with his arm wrapped around me, smiling and going back to sleep in his embrace.
  • I look forward to our inside jokes that only we find funny.
  • I look forward to winter where we huddle together while outside.
  • I look forward to meeting him at the airport when he's been away for a while and running into his arms.
  • I look forward to trying new cuisines and discovering new places and partaking in new experiences with him that I otherwise never would have.
  • I look forward to movie marathons, where we are huddled together on the sofa under a blanket and eventually even falling asleep together. Then he carries me up to bed because I'm too sleepy to get off my bottom.
  • I'm looking forward to feeling love. Not just any love - but the most powerful love for my husband. I want to just be looking at him as he's doing some mundane thing and thinking about how much I love him and how lucky I am.
  • I want to catch him looking at me the same way.
  • I'm even looking forward to fighting with him and then making up because we love each other too much not to be together.
  • I'm looking forward to our stupid discussions and equally serious ones.
  • I'm looking forward to being naked. No not physically, but emotionally. To trust someone enough to let them know your soul.
  • I'm looking forward to wearing one of his shirts around the house on a lazy morning, with messy hair and him telling me I'm beautiful.
  • If we have children, I'm looking forward to placing his hand on my bump to feel our child move for the first time.
  • I'm looking forward to him being protective and caring because he loves me so much.
  • I'm looking forward to getting into bed and putting my freezing feet on his nice toasty ones.
  • I'm looking forward to hanging out with my in-laws.
  • I'm looking forward to growing old together and him telling me everyday that I'm the only one he will ever want.
  • I'm looking forward to him telling me to stop worrying about my weight, my make-up, my spots, my stretch-marks because he loves everything about me, even if I don't.
  • I'm looking forwards to finding him!!!

To me, my husband will be incredibly important. Of course in all conventional senses, but there's more. My parents had an awful marriage and divorced after 25 years. The way my father treated my mother during the end and break-up of their marriage was appalling. I have no relationship with him because of it. I don't want that to happen to me. Therefore, to get married, personally, my husband would be so important to me because it means I have found someone who has made me believe in true love lasting a lifetime. Me getting married will mean that I trust my husband so, so, so much that I'm not afraid anymore.

7 people like this

To me, my husband will be incredibly important. Of course in all conventional senses, but there's more. My parents had an awful marriage and divorced after 25 years. The way my father treated my mother during the end and break-up of their marriage was appalling. I have no relationship with him because of it. I don't want that to happen to me. Therefore, to get married, personally, my husband would be so important to me because it means I have found someone who has made me believe in true love lasting a lifetime. Me getting married will mean that I trust my husband so, so, so much that I'm not afraid anymore.</p>

I'm in exactly the same situation!

To me, my husband will be incredibly important. Of course in all conventional senses, but there's more. My parents had an awful marriage and divorced after 25 years. The way my father treated my mother during the end and break-up of their marriage was appalling. I have no relationship with him because of it. I don't want that to happen to me. Therefore, to get married, personally, my husband would be so important to me because it means I have found someone who has made me believe in true love lasting a lifetime. Me getting married will mean that I trust my husband so, so, so much that I'm not afraid anymore.

I'm in exactly the same situation!

Same here. That's why building a home with my husband is so important to me. From the age of 10 upwards (when my parents' relationship started to deteriorate), I never really felt "at home" when I was in my house and with my family. Now that I'm flatting with other people, I'm starting to miss it even more. I look forward to having my own home with my husband.

I love the answers on this thread. It shows how much we truly value our relationship with our (future or present) partners. These men are sure going to be lucky to have you all :)

2 people like this

Having a best friend who I live with and cuddle with and tease, laugh and cry with. :) Ahh.. Sounds like bliss. 

3 people like this

I'm not on much, now, and don't have much time at the moment. I am glad everyone is sharing so much. :) I look forward to reading them all.

What lovely things everyone has said :) Girls, your Mr Rights' are super lucky!

1 person likes this

Ummmm..... the obvious.

Oh besides from the obvious?

Ummmmmmm..... the obvious?

Haha jk

I'm looking for all the stuff I see my parents and other couples do read, cuddle, pray, sing, dance, goof around etc

Also, having a hot guy in the house! Oh yeah! Lol ;)

Yes, the obvious and I like NocoleNova's comment because I want a hot girl in the house baking cookies.  :D

Traveling, having a best friend 24/7, having someone to talk to and share my deepest thoughts with, someone to cook for me, because I suck at cooking