Tempest Desh

Dating Sites for Those Waiting Till Marriage

15 posts in this topic

So, Mike mentioned earlier the possibility of writing an article/creating a stickied post of/on dating sites that work best for those waiting till marriage (VCTM, in my personal lingo, lol). OKCupid was mentioned (and I do have a profile there XD)...but does anyone have any other suggestions?

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

1 person likes this

At least OK Cupid has the little tests that actually ask you your opinion on pre-marital sex. That's more than I've seen on most others.

Maybe try some of the religious dating sites? Or I guess in your case, are there Muslim dating sites?

At least OK Cupid has the little tests that actually ask you your opinion on pre-marital sex. That's more than I've seen on most others.

Maybe try some of the religious dating sites? Or I guess in your case, are there Muslim dating sites?

There are Muslim dating sites...but most Muslims don't use them. They seem to be kinda stuck in the old country mentality...as most aren't American. And the younger generation...well, while the stereotype is that they wait...most that I've met only pay lip service to the religion at that...and mess around, until their parents force them to get married. I've only met one girl (so far) who might fit with me...but, she's going to be gone after this semester (still in the area...but at a different school).

Just trying OK Cupid....interesting so far...I think I need to beef up my mandatory settings lol

On a side note, I just realized that my personal acronym for WTM sounds like the word 'victim' XD. But, yeah, OkCupid is nice. If I could somehow navigate the world of dating Muslim girls, I'd have it set, as far as having a decently sized dating pool, as I have found enough openly-WTM types on OkCupid recently, thanks to the types of questions (some with 99% match/compatibility ratings, lol). Anywho...

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

Maybe this site? --->wewaited.com

...but I don't think it's free

i actually sign up on this site and they charge 5 dollars every month is not bad but u have to go through background test to see if your for reals and they actually said i dont live where i live which is weird but i did get to check some of the profile and personally im not impressed

There is a site called 2 date 4 love. It's for people who choose not to engage in sex or cannot due to physical limitations (cervical cancer, physical handicap, etc.). It's new. There are some on the website that might be looking to develop a relationship that would lead to some form of physical intimacy (within their limitations)...However, I think it offers a more direct & clear approach (than other dating sites that I've visited) for those who are looking for a non-sexual relationship.

Thanks! That sounds good. Wewaited is ineffective and okcupid def has a lot if ppl okay with sex or casual relationships

Definitly nix okcupid. Unless you aren't religious. I found a guy I like, but he doesn't match up with me Christianity-wise, although he's got his act togetherand tend to be more moral.

Christian Mingle is okay.....maybe I just need to give this a break lol!

Usually God's time is a LOT idfferent than mine haha----anyone who is Christian on here, have you felt that way before?? about other htings in life too? Like bad times turning into something good? Etc??

I'm just on break myself so I'm trying to call or skype friends back in my home state (my parents moved out of state for a job), so I guess this helps fill some of the loneliness.

1 person likes this

Definitly nix okcupid. Unless you aren't religious. I found a guy I like, but he doesn't match up with me Christianity-wise, although he's got his act togetherand tend to be more moral.

Christian Mingle is okay.....maybe I just need to give this a break lol!

Usually God's time is a LOT idfferent than mine haha----anyone who is Christian on here, have you felt that way before?? about other htings in life too? Like bad times turning into something good? Etc??

I'm just on break myself so I'm trying to call or skype friends back in my home state (my parents moved out of state for a job), so I guess this helps fill some of the loneliness.

Yes, in my experience, many times. I was born premature, the doctors said I had a 50 chance of survival, and low and behold - I am alive today. I was involved in a nasty three car pileup: I was hit in the back, the car behind me was totaled, the car in front of me was fine, and my car drove away with minimal damage. Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I hope those suffice.

I don't understand your response Chris, are you saying that those miracles are reasons you believe in God ?

Yes, these miracles are some of the reasons I believe in God. These are also the reasons why I think I was on God's time instead of my own. God kept me alive for a purpose, even though I don't know what that purpose is yet, lol.