Honeymoon baby?!

30 posts in this topic

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-pregnant-derick-dillard-expecting-first-child

Jill Duggar and her husband Derick Dillard, a couple who waited until marriage to have their first kiss, have announced that they are expecting a baby, just two months after they got married.

How would you feel if you and your spouse found yourselves expecting a honeymoon baby? Would you be delighted that it happened so soon, or wish that you had been able to have at least a couple of years where it was just the two of you?

3 people like this

My niece is a honeymoon baby and we just adore her :D and come to think of it, I came pretty quickly after my parents got married too. I don't have a problem with it if God blesses us with a child so soon.

I'd like to do what my parents did: wait 2-3 years before having kids after getting married. Gives you time to really grow in your marriage and do things you won't be able to do as much after you have kids, like travel.

6 people like this

If I get married when I think I'll be getting married (around ages 24-26) then I think I'd like to have at least 3 years to be alone with my husband before having a kid. It'd give us time to settle into our marriage, plus I'd like to be able to buy a home and make it nice before bringing a child into it. However, if I got married closer to 30, I think I'd be eager to have a honeymoon baby -- my biological clock would probably be ticking pretty loudly at that point!  :lol:

1 person likes this

It would be nice to have a few years alone with my husband, but if I did have a honeymoon baby, I would be just as happy. I can't wait to meet my future children :)

1 person likes this

Unless there's a serious reason to postpone having a baby (financial reasons, health reasons etc) then I'm not going to wait. Granted, I don't think I'll be actively trying to get pregnant, just not trying to prevent it, either. On our honeymoon, if my husband and I want to have sex, then we'll go for it. If we get pregnant, we get pregnant.

I want a big family, anyway, so I should probably get on it quickly...

xxx

4 people like this

I would want to wait about 2 years before my first but if it happens, we'll roll with it and enjoy the heck out of the 9 months we'll get. You know, when I'm not puking and generally being uncomfortable with pregnancy. lol 

1 person likes this

I would really want to wait for at least 3 years, time to have my career, to do stuff just the two of us, before having the responsability of a child. Now I'm young and I'm saying that if we did have a honeymoon baby I'll be pissed off, but knowing me if I'm married and in love I'll be happy!

2 people like this

Uh oh.  Are you telling me that sex can cause babies?  Whatever happened to calling in the stork?  :P

Seriously, I have always hoped to wait a couple years or so... but as for most things in a marriage, that would be a joint decision so I can't say for sure.

3 people like this

I would personally rather wait a bit, kids change everything in a marriage. On the flipside I would still be thrilled about having a baby regardless of when it happened, nothing is 100% so I can't just expect everything to go according to plan.

4 people like this

I would WANT to wait a few years before having a kid. It would be nice to have time to develop the bond between us.

(And time to have all the carefree sex we want!)

4 people like this

THAT'S WHAT I'M HOPING FOR! Only God knows what will happen. But I really hope I have a honeymoon baby if not I won't be mad!

How can anyone be upset about it? You're having sex that's what happens!

2 people like this

My parents were married in July, I was born in April so clearly I was a honeymoon baby but I would never do that in a million years. My mom told me that they never saw the point in waiting but that is all too hectic for me; getting married, having a baby and a new home all in one year think that would be hectic for anybody. Personally, I would love to wait for at least two years before even thinking of starting a family.

2 people like this

THAT'S WHAT I'M HOPING FOR! Only God knows what will happen. But I really hope I have a honeymoon baby if not I won't be mad!

How can anyone be upset about it? You're having sex that's what happens!

Hahahaha, good point. I see so many young parents on the bus who are are horrible with their kids, because they probably never wanted to be parents - they just wanted the pleasure of sex. People these days are so dumb, they forget that sex = babies.

3 people like this

Hahahaha, good point. I see so many young parents on the bus who are are horrible with their kids, because they probably never wanted to be parents - they just wanted the pleasure of sex. People these days are so dumb, they forget that sex = babies.

Amen to that! I cannot tell you the amount of struggling young parents I see. I feel bad for the babies.

2 people like this

I just see that as a sign that they needed to be taught more about birth control, or, if they did know accurate facts about it, they should've been more careful about using it. Sex doesn't have to equal babies 99.8% of the time (and, if using two methods perfectly, you statistically have about the same chance of getting pregnant as someone practicing abstinence). I don't think someone who knows themselves well enough to know they wouldn't be a good parent needs to be doomed to celibacy their entire life.

3 people like this

I just see that as a sign that they needed to be taught more about birth control, or, if they did know accurate facts about it, they should've been more careful about using it. Sex doesn't have to equal babies 99.8% of the time (and, if using two methods perfectly, you statistically have about the same chance of getting pregnant as someone practicing abstinence). I don't think someone who knows themselves well enough to know they wouldn't be a good parent needs to be doomed to celibacy their entire life.

But that's the thing, most of them (if not all) already know about it and have been taught. But because the flesh is weak they give in to peer pressure and because it "feels good" they continue. Then they don't care about protection because it "feels weird" with a condom on so they try the "Pull out" method and well we all know (well I was taught) a guy has to have good will power to "pull out" or else "THERE'S SHE BLOWS!" OMGOSH!!!! did I really turn that into a free willy line? EW! God help me!

2 people like this

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-pregnant-derick-dillard-expecting-first-child

Jill Duggar and her husband Derick Dillard, a couple who waited until marriage to have their first kiss, have announced that they are expecting a baby, just two months after they got married.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT KNEW WHO SHE WAS OR EVEN WATCHED THE DUGGAR FAMILY! :D

2 people like this

I'm not nessecarily talking about unmarried people though -- plenty of married couples either want to delay having kids for several years, have only one or two kids, or never have them at all. I wouldn't tell them to only have sex a handful of times when they're 100% ready to have kids; birth control is likely used more often by married people than by unmarried people, in my estimation! And hopefully, if you made the huge descision to be married, you wouldn't be so immature as to whine about condoms or decide not to pull out at the proper moment. Plus married couples don't have to worry about STDs, so they can rely on more convenient and reliable methods, and only use condoms/pulling out if they feel they need a backup method to be extra safe.

1 person likes this

I personally think it's important to have a strong marital bond with your spouse before children. I know us waiters generally date/court/whatever for a longer time BUT marriage is a new journey that is important to a "married with kids" journey but not exactly the same thing. Therefore, some time alone IMO would be essential.

5 people like this

I have 0 interest in having a child, so I would be extremely pissed off at a honeymoon baby.

2 people like this

I have 0 interest in having a child, so I would be extremely pissed off at a honeymoon baby.

:o:mellow:

So your wife is now pregnant and you're "pissed off" what would you do?