Marlene

Am I worrying about waiting more than I should?

8 posts in this topic

I am the kind of girl that plans things out beforehand but sometimes I worry about the future too much :P I want to be a surgeon when I grow up by I don't know I I will meet a guy who will want to marry me because 1. I'm a waiter and 2. I will be too busy. I know there's guys who will still want to be with me even if I wait but I might be too busy to actually, you know, spend time with that person. Am I worrying too much? Is there a successful married waiter who has a busy job?

2 people like this

I am the kind of girl that plans things out beforehand but sometimes I worry about the future too much :P I want to be a surgeon when I grow up by I don't know I I will meet a guy who will want to marry me because 1. I'm a waiter and 2. I will be too busy. I know there's guys who will still want to be with me even if I wait but I might be too busy to actually, you know, spend time with that person. Am I worrying too much? Is there a successful married waiter who has a busy job?

I've been looking online, and apparently doctors and surgeons can have quite a free schedule, though obviously emergencies may urgently require more of your time. There are doctors who have families and spend time with their families, so it's probably just like any other job. The thing that might really hog your free time is earning your degree, but even then, you get summer breaks :)

3 people like this

Oh ok. Well thanks for making the research I should've done by myself :P Maybe I shouldn't worry that much. Thanks

1 person likes this

Yes... you do worry too much... :D trust me, they'd slaughter each other just to marry you ;)

2 people like this

No you're not worrying too much. You're perfectly fine! :)

Yes... you do worry too much... :D trust me, they'd slaughter each other just to marry you ;)

Smooth

2 people like this

You're worrying too much. Afterall, haven't you seen The Cosby Show :D?

Actually, funny you say that. I base one of my most influential relationship observations on my old photography teacher. He was a chemist-turned-photo-teacher, and he paid for his wife to go through surgery school when they were younger. They had kids later, but if someone loves you, they will wait. He's like 48 and is still smitten with her. It's beautiful. So you're worrying too much. You will be a great catch for a great man, so don't settle. Us women do tend to overthink and overworry. It's our nature. Relax, go with the flow of your life, and the right man will come along and stay. But you also have to make time for him. Daz is right about your time with summer. Love is much better than worrying, wouldn't you agree :3?

4 people like this

I've gotten to talk to a bunch of doctors, particularly women with kids, since being in medical school and they have all told me the same thing..."if you want a family, have a family. The job won't stop you, its just really easy to use as an excuse." I'm looking at surgery as well, and they can have a pretty cush schedule. Some orthopedic surgeons I've shadowed recently start at 7:30 AM, but they are done at 1 PM and that is what everyday looks like for them. Their schedule makes me jealous. lol. I can vouch for what Daz says though, medical school eats time like nothing else. I'm partway into my second year and this past summer was the last traditional summer break I would have gotten, but I spent the whole time doing research 9-6ish. Your time table for marriage/kids might be a little delayed from what it would have been if you didn't become a doctor, but it will still happen if you want it to.

4 people like this