Jegsy Scarr

(Superficial) traits you find captivating.

33 posts in this topic

Hey, guys!

So this is just a silly thread I wanted to start. I'm always posting serious stuff, so this might be a nice change! Basically I'm asking, what traits do you find particularly attractive?

Now, I can't stress this enough - they've got to be purely superficial, and the kind of thing you're instantly attracted to. We're all attracted to people who are good listeners and are good with kids, so this is just about the kind of meaningless stuff. The things which, in and of themselves, wouldn't make you want to actually marry someone, but they do make your tummy do that fluttery thing! And if you're with them, and the Pope walked in the room, you'd be torn about leaving them to go talk to him (I'm exaggerating a little, but you get the idea).

In particular, are there any traits which individually are attractive, but in combination, you're completely and utterly captivated?

Okay, so I'll have to go first. I've identified three (and a half):

1. 'Dark' style. As in, kind of gothic-ky style, or Victoriana. Guys in tuxedos are meh, but guys in 19th century tuxedos are awesome.

2. Voice (no surprise there). If he has a really smooth and silky voice, that's amazing. Especially singing voices, I like tenors who can hit high notes nicely, but also have a really good range.

3. Hand gestures. This one's hard to describe, so I refer you to the video examples below.

1/2: Confidence. This one's not completely superficial, but it's the trait that links all of these together. If he sings/speaks and moves confidently, and he owns that gothic clothing, then it's captivating.

Okay, so as examples, I present the following:

Michael Crawford performing 'Music of the Night'. Note all three and a half elements present. This one's subtler, but by the end of the song, my insides have turned to jelly.

This guy playing Riff Raff in a production of 'The Rocky Horror Show'. Not the entire video (he's good, but not that attractive) but just the first half a minute or so. This is like all three and a half traits, turned up to the max. The result is, I've watched this half-minute section about a dozen times in a row, and I still can't get over how amazing this guy is!

Now, if he were only single and Catholic...

(Starts about 0:07. At first, you'll think, "Okay, so nice voice, cool outfit, kind of creepy character make-up, so what?", but just wait till it hits 0:19 and he starts going all out with the hand gestures and turns the voice up to eleven. Even with the fact that I don't like the Lucius Malfoy hair, I still can't take my eyes off him...)

EDIT: NOOOOOO! The video is gone! :( Oh well, just use your imaginations, then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exvbjczw9ho

So, what completely superficial and meaningless traits do you find attractive?

xxx

3 people like this

Muscles + Tattoos + a kempt beard + deep voice = some very weak knees on my part Lol.

Each trait on its own are nice. But a combination makes a very captivating specimen :o

I like beards, when you can see a man's veins running through his arms and hands, a nice farmer's tan, and when someone is wearing plaid it always gets my attention.

So lumberjacks, basically.

Also, men in hunting gear. Pretty much all the men in my family hunt, so that almost always makes me take a second look. He would fit in well...

2 people like this

wow, so many ladies here into beards. I can barely grow a moustache. I guess I'm screwed. lol

As for myself:

1. Nice feet. Don't judge, many guys are into women's feet. I'm just man enough to admit it. :P

2. Gaming girls. A girl who plays video games is a huge turn on for me. Being able to game together would be an amazing bonding experience. Kind of like reading a really good book together, except more immersive :) Usually, these kind of girls tend to be much more laid back and much less dramatic.

3. Soft spoken: I'm not a big fan of loud people in general. I find soft spoken girls to have soothing voices which is nice.

3 people like this

Mine are the voice and eyes. Eyes being more so. I once saw this one guy quite a few years ago that had the lightest clearest blue eyes I had ever seen. They were just stunning and obviously they made an impact since I am still talking about them lol. Muscles don't hurt either I suppose.

Yup lots of beard lovers here and I can't grow one either!

I'll name a few, ...

First, A nice giggle of a laugh, it's wonderful

Second, Attractive hands and feet

(You know lovely fingers and toes,

simple beauty, there's something so attractive about feminine features you're cerrtainly not alone on that one Vince)

Third, No tattoos, it just looks unfeminine.

Fourth, height, I've always fancied women shorter than myself.

(Though that's not difficult, as I'm 6'6")

Fifth, dressed modestly, not with too much skin showing, leaves something to the imagination.

Shows she has strong character.

Sixth, nice little womanly curves, as women are supposed to be a little curvy.

Seventh, Maybe a scar or two.

Seriously, means she's get outdoors and does stuff.

Gotta love a "tomboy" right!

2 people like this

A booty, a raspy voice or a really high voice, one is so sexy and the other is downright adorable.

Too bad, for a male I nearly don't have any hair on my body except for my hair on my head. I can't grow a full beard and it's growing very slowly.

Anyways, to me, traits that I find captivating are:

- penetrating, charming eyes (preferably green)

- a non-childish, absolute and womanly voice

- long voluminous dazzling hairs (preferably brown)

- boldness

- usage of only one fragrance, preferably bergamots, cookies or citrus smells, so that it seems as if it's her body smell.

- HYGIENE: most important one to me. I don't like girls who have dirty clothing or smell bad, be it a good or bad person

- sense of fashion, preferably italian or french. doesn't matter if it's revealing or not, as long as it is beautiful.

- a crazy & bright character

Yes I'm totally in to brunettes, don't like blondes, MEH

Liking the responses so far! Makes me not feel so weird.

Oh, and if it's of any consolation, I much prefer clean-shaven guys.

xxx

4 people like this

Girl who regularly goes to the gym and lifts weights to better herself and stay healthy. With that comes a nice package including a nice rear end lol.

Girl with long black or blonde hair coming down one shoulder like Taylor Swift always has. I don't know why, this is just a strange attraction I've always had.

A girl that likes cars the way car guys like cars.

So basically we can go to the gym together, race home in our fast cars haha, and when we go someplace nice she looks flawless with her long black or blonde fantastic hair strewn down one side. I'm weird lol.

So............. I've had a beard since I was 17.  :D  Doesn't always show up well in photos, cause I keep it short haha.

Okay, I'm a little weird in regard to superficial traits I find attractive, so just roll with me for a sec ...

First ... It's impossible to fully describe with words, but there is a certain kind of pretty face that can instantly make my stomach all wishy washy haha. To give you an idea, it includes delicate features, innocent-looking eyes that seem to follow you from their corners, and a graceful smile that seems to appear without effort. (sigh........) I know, I'm weird.  :P

Second ... A girl who is into guns and shooting is instantly attractive haha. There are a lot of hunters in my family (I mostly only ever hunted coyotes, but oh well), and a woman who likes to hunt, target shoot, et cetera is so ... yeah, you get the picture. All the more intriguing if she is a better shot than I.  ;)

Third ... a woman who is wearing a purity ring. Maybe it has something to do with my search for a waiter like myself, but if I meet a girl who is wearing a purity ring even though she is an adult, she takes on a whole new dimension of attractiveness.

Fourth ... I am hopeless when it comes to women in dresses. But not just any dress, it has to be a certain kind ... it should not be tight or poofy, but should kinda be flowing and drape-like, i.e., it should compliment her figure but not be revealing. I'm not at all sure what the technical style is, but if you follow this link you can see an example of the style I'm talking about:

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/J-Laxmi-Womens-Black-Flutter-Sleeve-Beaded-Cocktail-Dress/8462993/product.html?refccid=YY4GFY4S66XJVKKDBNESY2INOU&searchidx=15

If I see a young woman in this kind of dress, I'll probably pause and look twice haha.  :)

There are a lot of other superficial traits that I find attractive, such as long hair, tanned skin (from hunting of course haha), cute feet (I'm with ya Vince), et cetera. But the four listed above are probably the most likely to make my stomach twist into knots on me. Of course, if you put all four into one woman .... I'd probably fall in "love" on the spot haha.  :wub:

1 person likes this

I'm attracted to nerdy, skinny men... like my husband. ;)

8 people like this

I'm usually attracted to guys who are a little bit feminine, and women who are a little bit masculine. Basically, if you'd look at someone and think "Hm, I wonder if that person's gay,"....I'm probably into them.

4 people like this

The HAIR the HAIR the HAIR. Ahhhh. Like this....

Teenage-Guy-Hairstyles.jpg

Basically if it's spiky or looks super soft and fluffy, then it gets my attention immediately, and I want to run my fingers through it and play with it. lol Except I don't consider this to be meaningless... The hair is actually very important to me :blink:

Don't worry though guys, I actually prefer men so much more without a beard. So much more. Actually most men I prefer without facial hair, unless he can pull it off really well. If he's got some sexy stubble or a nice goatee and it looks good on him, then I don't mind it ;) NO BEARDS THOUGH.

I also like guys who have captivating eyes and that melting smile.

Abs are a major bonus ;)

8 people like this

Yes I'm totally in to brunettes, don't like blondes, MEH

..... OH YEAH WELL I DON'T LIKE STATUES EITHER....

13 people like this

Second, Attractive hands and feet

(You know lovely fingers and toes,

simple beauty, there's something so attractive about feminine features you're cerrtainly not alone on that one Vince)

There are a lot of other superficial traits that I find attractive, such as long hair, tanned skin (from hunting of course haha), cute feet (I'm with ya Vince), et cetera.

Told you so :P

Second ... A girl who is into guns and shooting is instantly attractive haha. There are a lot of hunters in my family (I mostly only ever hunted coyotes, but oh well), and a woman who likes to hunt, target shoot, et cetera is so ... yeah, you get the picture. All the more intriguing if she is a better shot than I.  ;)

Oh my gosh, I'm so ashamed of myself! I of all people should have thought of that right off the bat. lol

I'm attracted to nerdy, skinny men... like my husband. ;)

Thank God. There is hope for me after all lol

4 people like this

Another girl here who doesn't like beards! :D I find clean-shaven guys to be very attractive, anything more than stubble turns me off. Except sideburns. Sideburns are awesome!

On the other hand, I really, really like long hair on guys. It has to be well-kept though, no hippie I-haven't-washed-my-hair-in-years ponytails. Between ear length and shoulder length is best, like this guy :)

I also like an intense stare. Not too intense, to the point that I worry he's planning to stalk and murder me, but… it's kind of hard to describe. In a way, like he's aware of his surroundings and is completely 100% there and watching things unfold.

They're pretty rare, but when I find one, I'm always attracted to a well-spoken, romantic and somewhat old-fashioned man - the kind that you see in movies, but not so much in real life. A good example would be Westley from the Princess Bride, or Marius from Les Misérables. Tough guys are cool, but it's even better when they're hiding a weaker, more romantic side underneath :)

Last but not least, I absolutely love army uniforms. I don't agree with the military and war in general, but the uniforms are just… :D And call me weird, but my favourites are from the early 19th century. Case in point:

Lost_in_austen_wickham.png

2 people like this

..... OH YEAH WELL I DON'T LIKE STATUES EITHER....

Laughed so hard :D

I apologize, I've put it wrong, let's say I prefer brunettes. Now when I read it again, I see that it was wrong. What I really meant is that I don't like stereotypical blondes like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears, but I do like Christina Aguilera. Sorry.

1 person likes this

Laughed so hard :D

I apologize, I've put it wrong, let's say I prefer brunettes. Now when I read it again, I see that it was wrong. What I really meant is that I don't like stereotypical blondes like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears, but I do like Christina Aguilera. Sorry.

Quite alright. I wasn't actually offended. I only said it for the "likes" ;)

6 people like this

It's pretty interesting to see the variety (and consistency) of these responses from people.  I wasn't too surprised with the girls.  It has corroborated what I found out when I did online dating for 5 years. Tattoos seem huge for you ladies for some reason, and I know I've always been a bit behind the 8-ball by never having them, but oh well.

For me, I've always been attracted to femininity.  I love long hair.  Soft skin is a big deal, so I prefer less tan than more tan.  Being shorter/smaller than me is a big deal.  I love a classy girl.  Tattoos and non-traditional piercings are insta-turnoffs.  Crazy habits stylistically are not appealing to me either.  Yeah, cleavage is great to look at for us guys.  I know I love it, but that being said, it actually doesn't attract me to the girl, it just makes me look.  I want a girl that doesn't want to have half of her goods out at all times for all the guys to see.  Tight clothes are perfectly fine, and preferred, because I like a thin figure.  A pretty face is the most important thing, and eyes are the most important part of the face.  I love large, beautiful eyes.  It's so fun to read a girl's emotions solely through her eyes.

Being soft spoken is great as well.  Being naturally coy/shy/humble are all big turn ons for me.  I've learned more with time that I like a girl who embraces her own gender for it's inherent strengths, and basically rolls with what she knows she can do best with it.  I believe we were designed in our respective ways for lots of reasons, and the natural connection, the yin to the yang type of bond that happens when both genders just "be themselves" for lack of a better term, is one of them.  I just like simplicity, so I guess I'm more attracted to what comes easiest to either gender.  Men are good at being men, and women are great at being women.

4 people like this

A handsome face, smiling at me, with eyes that speak.

Five o'clock shadow or clean shaven.

2 people like this

It would have to be scent. Someone's scent can make me fall for them deeper or just be completely turned off by them.(It's one of my secret turn ons ;) )

Well built.  Not muscular really,just a larger body frame.

What else, the texture of his hands. I prefer soft hands to rough hands.

2 people like this

It would have to be scent. Someone's scent can make me fall for them deeper or just be completely turned off by them.(It's one of my secret turn ons ;) )

Well built.  Not muscular really,just a larger body frame.

What else, the texture of his hands. I prefer soft hands to rough hands.

This. Me too. I have a perfume allergy though, so it doesn't have to do with cologne. More, the absence of it.

I like rough hands more, but I have always thought that was weird. But I still like them more.

3 people like this

I am heavily attracted to cute modest girls with an intelligent and bubbly personality.

I like gamer girls who are not nerdy looking and with a slender figure.  

Tattoos are a turnoff for me and I don't like girls who dress provocatively. 

Slight tomboys are also attractive like cowgirls or anglers, but not too much.

I'm also attracted to long haired brunettes or black-haired girls. And some curves wouldn't hurt.  ;)