23 posts in this topic

whats up everybody? my name is Josh and im 19. i'm so glad i found this sight, its really great to know that i'm not the only one, haha. I'm from Toronto, Ontario (that's in Canada) and ill be starting university this September. the main reason why i'm deciding to wait is because of my own personal beliefs and my christian faith. i believe that love between 2 individuals is the most beautiful thing imaginable. i don't want to ruin that by being selfish and thinking only about my own needs. i really want to share that intimate experience only with the one person i truly love and want to spend the rest of my life with. i'm also a strong christian. I've recently decided to get serious with my faith and seek Jesus. i find it terrible how society puts so much pressure on us to have sex outside marriage. society tells us that its impressive if you have a high "kill count" people feel that if you haven't lost it at a certain age something is wrong with you. i never met anyone who made this commitment where i'm from. I feel embarrassed telling people that i'm waiting until marriage, but thank God i found this sight so i have hope and i know that i'm not alone!

sorry for the long post,

feel free to message or email me if you want to chat, stay strong brothers and sisters,

take care, and God bless,

-josh

12 people like this

Welcome to the site Josh! I think the impressive ones are the ones who have the tenacity to wait and not give in :D

Welcome to the community, Josh! It is great to have you here. 

1 person likes this

Hi Josh! Very nice meeting you! Don't be afraid or ashamed of still having your V-card. People will think what they want, but they aren't paying your bills and they aren't going home with you, so what they think doesn't really matter anyway. You know you're doing what's right in your eyes, and God's eyes. :)

2 people like this

Welcome to the site Josh! I think the impressive ones are the ones who have the tenacity to wait and not give in :D

haha thanks, i think so too,

Welcome to the community, Josh! It is great to have you here. 

thanks man, its great to be a part of it

1 person likes this

Hi Josh! Very nice meeting you! Don't be afraid or ashamed of still having your V-card. People will think what they want, but they aren't paying your bills and they aren't going home with you, so what they think doesn't really matter anyway. You know you're doing what's right in your eyes, and God's eyes. :)

ya, that's really all that matters right? im slowly trying to care less what people think of me, and more what God thinks of me. i wish i wasn't so insecure, but hopefully ill be able to gain more confidence through this web sight :) 

2 people like this

Welcome to the site, Josh! There is another Josh on the site, so no Highlander misshaps. Other than that, enjoy the site!

2 people like this

Welcome to the site, Josh! There is another Josh on the site, so no Highlander misshaps. Other than that, enjoy the site!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Welcome, Josh! I also am from Canada, but I live out West.

I understand feeling uncomfortable letting people know that you are a virgin. This is my philosophy: for %99.9999999999 of people, it's none of their beeswax! I am not ashamed of it, but it doesnt need to paraded around either. I'm pretty happy I found this site too!

3 people like this

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Welcome, Josh! I also am from Canada, but I live out West.

I understand feeling uncomfortable letting people know that you are a virgin. This is my philosophy: for %99.9999999999 of people, it's none of their beeswax! I am not ashamed of it, but it doesnt need to paraded around either. I'm pretty happy I found this site too!

haha!the  "there can only be one"   killed me, and thanks for all the support 

Welcome Josh! So happy that you have chosen what is pleasing in His sight :).

1 person likes this

Welcome fellow Josh :D

Now that we have a new Josh we don't need the old one. This is when I terminate you, but I'm not Arnold Swarzeneger :(

Welcome Josh! Most of us on here are still virgins and even the ones that aren't, we all have pretty much the same mindset regardless of background or religion and that is that we cherish sex/love and want to keep it special by only doing it with that special someone.

4 people like this

oh hey Josh, you are welcome............guess i'm not the only new member, i joined yesterday too and i wish u a very pleasant stay here

1 person likes this

Hello Josh!

I think I've found my new best friend! Haha welcome to the community! :D

1 person likes this

Josh, 

I have a similar backstory. I only told a few of my close friends that I was waiting, they didn't seem to care either way. I've wore a purity ring since I was 17. I have a few girls tell me in high school (class of '11) that i was making a mistake and that i needed to 'live a little'. Needless to say I no longer talk to the same girls i went to high school with. 

Welcome to the site

Holly 

2 people like this

Hi dude, society is very similar where I live, nothing is kept special really, but this website will help you so much.
You're not alone, and you'll feel it more when you're on here :) everyone here respects love and sex and they are really cool company.

Welcome, Josh. :) This site is a great place for support and help/advice. Keep strong, and keep letting God lead you. :)