Zeke

Popping "The Question" ... Fun Thread

7 posts in this topic

Okay, so I thought this might be fun!

Gentlemen: Have you ever thought about ideas for "popping the question" someday? What are some of the unique and romantic ideas you've had?

Ladies: Do you have any dream proposals you wish you could be surprised with? Any dreams in that regard?

Now, I know some of ya'll might not want to spill the beans on your big plans, but do you have any old ideas?

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks about how I might go about asking for her hand. 

Do any of you successful waiters want to share how you proposed?

Ready? Set? Go! :)

I have thought about it before. I would love to propose in the Pula Arena in Croatia. Then maybe we could spend an evening touring the streets of Rome, and have some Italian wine at the Piazza di Spagna.

2 people like this

Ooooo I had a thread like this before. Let's see if everyone says the same thing!

1 person likes this

I'll just say. He MUST speak with my parents first. If he doesn't it's an automatic no.... I'd love for him to have their blessing and for him to do something fun and romantic. I don't mean flash mob or candlelight dinner I want it on a spring day fresh air not too hot or too cold..... I'll leave it at that. ;)

2 people like this

I don't want to get my hopes too set on anything, because more than anything I want it to be a surprise (even though I know it's coming at *some* point), and I don't want to be disappointed if he doesn't get some particular detail right. I want it to be one of the happiest memories of my life, afterall! I think the most important thing to me is that it shouldn't be too public (so either in private, or with only close friends/family around), and that he should have some kind of romantic speech prepared.

2 people like this

I don't want to get my hopes too set on anything, because more than anything I want it to be a surprise (even though I know it's coming at *some* point), and I don't want to be disappointed if he doesn't get some particular detail right. I want it to be one of the happiest memories of my life, afterall! I think the most important thing to me is that it shouldn't be too public

Seconded. I think I've said this before, but I would not be ok with a proposal involving any sort of audience, be it people we know or people we don't. I personally find it not romantic as much as disrespectful, because it doesn't give the other person a fair chance to say "no". Even if you're sure of the answer and it's just a formality, from my perspective that's just not fair.

There will be no parental permission involved in my case. As I am an adult, they don't have the authority to grant us permission. I really hope they like each other, but for me personally the choice doesn't lie with my parents. If they do find out he's proposing before I do, it should be because he's seeking help/advice re: making it special. Ideally though, we would announce our engagement together.

2 people like this

Maybe this makes me kind of lame, but I have heard of men proposing and having a friend hiding close by to take a picture of the moment. Then, giving the picture to her framed on their wedding day. I always thought that was really cute, and would be a nice surprise. You know, as long as she said yes, and it didn't become a picture of the worst moment of his life :blush:

For me, being fairly private, awkward in social situations, and crying at the drop of a hat, not having the proposal in front of a ton of people would be good for me. However, if my future husband did decide to make it more public, I wouldn't say no or put up a fuss. I'm sure I can get over that kind of embarrassment. 

3 people like this