mljohnson1103

Hi, I'm McKenzie

21 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My name is McKenzie and I am 18 years old. I am about to start my freshman year at a small liberal arts college in 3 weeks. After being in a bad relationship during high school I have decided to wait until marriage. I feel as though today's society is pressuring young people to have sex and portraying it as normal before marriage. My last boyfriend pressured me about having sex with him for months before I decided to end the relationship and I felt like he only pretended to care about me so I would have sex with him. I have mostly decided to stay pure for personal reasons rather than religion (although religion is a major part of my decision). I want to find someone who cares more about my personality rather than physical attraction. I'm very excited about finding this site and having a support system that I can relate with. 

(p.s. Sorry about the long intro!)

11 people like this

I decided to end my relationship for that reason also. :) Welcome to WTM and feel free to message me or any of us if you need a friend, someone to talk to, or to just to hang out. :)

1 person likes this

Welcome, McKenzie!

Be sure to check out the Girls Only forum. It's a safe space where we can be open with each other and encourage one another. :)

Hi, McKenzie! Great intro, by the way. I broke up with my last girlfriend for (among others) the same reason. Welcome to the community!

Welcome to the site! I'm glad you were able to stay strong to your commitments, it is always difficult to have someone who you thought cared about you exert so much pressure for reckless behavior against your wishes. You'll find plenty of support here!

Welcome! Congrats for staying true to your convictions! You are a very smart young lady.  :)

Welcome! I'm new (within the last week), too. This site is really wonderful, and the people are so supportive. :)

Hello everyone! My name is McKenzie and I am 18 years old. I am about to start my freshman year at a small liberal arts college in 3 weeks. After being in a bad relationship during high school I have decided to wait until marriage. I feel as though today's society is pressuring young people to have sex and portraying it as normal before marriage. My last boyfriend pressured me about having sex with him for months before I decided to end the relationship and I felt like he only pretended to care about me so I would have sex with him. I have mostly decided to stay pure for personal reasons rather than religion (although religion is a major part of my decision). I want to find someone who cares more about my personality rather than physical attraction. I'm very excited about finding this site and having a support system that I can relate with. 

(p.s. Sorry about the long intro!)

hi there...welcome to the site...its a great support mechanism....the worst thing about still being a virgin is that society makes you feel that youre somehow wierd. It often gets to me really....but this site makes you understand that you're not alone and that there are plenty of people who think like you