NicoleNova

Fun Thread!

29 posts in this topic

Just for fun

1561107_10152296875197868_778921999_n.jp

My sentence was "Meanwhile, I was in a place of clouds." ;) Sounds great! 

3 people like this

Mine was: 'Heathen and savage tribes hold that doctrine, but Christians and civilised nations disown it" :o 

(Jane Eyre, page 45)

2 people like this

Mine actually means something!

"The best years of a woman's life come when she attains a harmony between her body and her spirit."

1 person likes this

"Assemble and listen, sons of Jacob; listen to your father Israel."

I guess that means I should take my father's advice when it comes to my love life. Too bad he doesn't give any out.

1 person likes this

"Three signorinas walked by and required their attention." John Grisham, Playing for Pizza

Three? Italian? Oh what does it mean? http://www.thefreedictionary.com/signorinas

I've had this paperback for years and never quite read it. I bought it so I wouldn't be the only person on my next flight without something to read. Didn't work, it is still sitting in my drawer, LOL.

1 person likes this

"We're running out of ways of using the water up."

Um... We'll never be thirsty? (never run out love? :D)

"Also, how long do you think it'll take us to reach the train station tomorrow?"

No idea. Any interpretations?  :)

"The proposal is frequently made that the government ought to assume the risks that are "too great for private industry."

I'm at work lol. I got nothing.

'Holy Spirit, grant that we may be fully open to your inspiration; Jesus, to your strength to live it; Heavenly Father, that your will may be done on earth as it is in heaven.'

"We think there should be an oath between two parties, between us and you."

:o

3 people like this

Sie haben weniger Angst vor einem Mann von Genie, die Willenskraft fehlt, wie von einem kräftigen Charakter mit mittelmäßiger Intelligenz und zur gleichen Zeit, die sie sehr loben die, die frei von Intelligenz und Willenskraft sind.

They have less fear of a man of genius who lacks will power, as of a vigorous character with mediocre intelligence and at the same time they very praise those who are devoid of intelligence and willpower.

"Most quiches suffer the burden of excessive amounts of heavy cream and cheese -- and often a trans-fat-laden crust."

It's a cookbook.

2 people like this

The nearest book to me is a stupid algebra textbook.  :(

I guess that means my love life will be frustrating and hard to understand.  :disapproval:  

4 people like this

"Also, how long do you think it'll take us to reach the train station tomorrow?"

No idea. Any interpretations?  :)

Because life is the train and heaven is the station and you wanna spend every minute with the person you love? :D maybe

2 people like this

"Recent investigations at an elite prep school in Massachusetts reveal that sex is a routine part of life among the students: "Group sex acts were just like showering together after practice," write the authors of Restless Virgins.

Well then!

4 people like this

"So well intended, and yet so insulting"

Mockingjay by Susanne Collins.

Does not sound good.

3 people like this

"If we don't use the resources available to us, but instead want other resources we don't have, then we're tempting, or testing, God." 

From a devotional book by Martin Luther. Anyone care to enlighten me on what that means? :)

"And do not weigh yourself the next morning, because a sudden increase in weight may discourage you and undermine your determination and confidence."  The Dukan Diet.

Clearly my love life with the scale is going to be one rocky one.

1 person likes this

"If we don't use the resources available to us, but instead want other resources we don't have, then we're tempting, or testing, God." 

From a devotional book by Martin Luther. Anyone care to enlighten me on what that means? :)

You shouldn't use someone else's resources to find your SO? 

"Silence filled the air as they sat waiting for the ultrasound technician." Lol I think mine might be a little off...

It's from a motivational book my coaches are having me read called The No Complaining Rule by Jon Gordon

"The purpose of this case is to introduce you to the information available on the website of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)."

hahah sorry technically the closest book to me was my Accounting textbook :P I don't have any "fun" books anywhere in this room lol :(

"When Tuppence entered the lounge at Sans Souci just before dinner, the only occupant of the room was the monumental Mrs. O'Rourke, who was sitting by the window looking like some gigantic Buddha". (N or M? By Agatha Christie)

Umm....any thoughts on this?

"Use Google Open Social or Open ID, which will allow you to fill in new profiles with the click of a button and will save you a great deal of time."  

lol, I'm reading; The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools & Strategies for Business Success

I'm interpreting it as telling me that finishing the indie film I'm making is going to lead me to the love of my life. :)