znk99fg7

Questions about waiting

5 posts in this topic

Hello :)

I'm a little curious so I thought I would ask!!.... (Sorry there are so many questions!)

Married waiters -

- what age did you get married at?

- when and how/where did you meet your other half?

- how long were you together before you got married?

- what age did you decide you where going to WTM?

- was your other half also a waiter?

- where you waiting for religious reasons? If yes, would you have married a waiter who wasn't religious?

Thank-you to anyone who answers  :) 

Hello :)

I'm a little curious so I thought I would ask!!.... (Sorry there are so many questions!)

Married waiters -

- what age did you get married at?

- when and how/where did you meet your other half?

- how long were you together before you got married?

- what age did you decide you where going to WTM?

- was your other half also a waiter?

- where you waiting for religious reasons? If yes, would you have married a waiter who wasn't religious?

Thank-you to anyone who answers  :) 

I got married when I was 23. I met my hubby on here actually in the fall of 2011. We were together for 2 years before we got married. I decided early in high school that I would wait until I was married for sex. Maybe 14? I was waiting for religious and personal reasons, and I knew my future hubby had to be a practicing Christian too. 

6 people like this

1. I got married at 26, a few months shy of my 27th birthday.
  2. July 2011, via OKCupid
  3. About 2 1/2 years. He proposed on our second anniversary, and we had a short engagement.
  4. It's kinda been a back & forth decision that started when I was young and thought sex was gross, so naturally I was going to WTM. My unwavering conviction started at 22, when I was still a virgin and decided that since I had waited that long, I might as well WTM.
  5. Yup, Beau was a waiter too. :D
  6. Originally, yes, until I spent more time studying the scripture and the history of patriarchal control of (mostly wealthy, mostly white) women's bodies and the historical double standard and the racist double standard. Then it became a personal conviction. I'm still a Christian feminist, though. My husband is an atheist.

Links are all to my blog on virginity, in which I explain those questions in much greater detail.

I'm very open about my sexual choices and my relationship, so feel free to ask other questions! Some might need to be asked in the Viewer Discretion Advised area, though. ;)

6 people like this

I got married at 35.  I met my husband when I was 33.  We met online on the Gay Christian Network which isn't a dating site.  It's a discussion board like this one for people who are working through questions of faith and sexuality.  They had a subforum for people who are Waiting Until Marriage and that's where we met.  We dated for a year and then got engaged on our one year anniversary.  We were married 8 months later. 

I've pretty much always believed in WTM.  I was brought up that way but it stuck with me into adulthood.  My husband was also committed to WTM.  I was waiting for religious reasons and I wanted to marry someone who shared my faith since my faith was very important to me.  I don't think I would have married someone who wasn't a Christian. 

8 people like this