Mike

New article by Shane!

6 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody,

Check out this excellent article by our own successful waiter Shane B on his journey as a gay Christian and waiter-till-marriage.

Shane's story: My journey as a gay waiter-till-marriage.

Also, stay tuned next week for the first episode of The WTM Podcast by Vince and Jegs. I've heard it; it's awesome.

8 people like this

Awesome article, Shane! I'm so glad that us LGBT waiters finally get some representation.  :D

3 people like this

While I'm not an LGBT waiter, I am glad they got some representation too!

4 people like this

Well done Shane in sharing your story.  I think the best thing about your story is that it is literally irrelevant to how cool your story is that you are gay.  your story is tremendous because it's a great testimony to the fact that you CAN wait until over 30, you CAN meet someone extraordinary at the right time in the right place and marry that person, you CAN do that without having to shop around a ton or sample sex (if you do not want to) before marrying, you CAN express faithfulness to each other with nervousness and anticipation and commitment and you can do that EVERY TIME after I Do, not just the moment You Do, you CAN wait and it CAN be challenging and frustrating!, you CAN honor your faith and grow your relationship with someone at the same time.

and you can do ALL that by maintaining an open heart, an open soul, and a strong sense that what is of value and importance to YOU will indeed be matched at some point by someone who has the same sense of it all.

your story is great - not because you're gay - but because you are genuinely sharing what it means to wait for the right thing.

your story is impactful because your husband is your true other half - and yes, it's up to everyone individually to decide how they feel about that - but i for one, honor and respect who you both are, and the story you have shared.

7 people like this